When was the last time you had McD's?

When was the last time you had McD's?

• Total voters

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
There's a probability chart out there that says there's a 1/8 chance that your next meal will be from a McD's. I'd like to know how much truth is there in that. This poll may be a little biassed, but the chart was about Americans only too. So if I have offended anybody, go eat another cheeseburger, you fat dolt.

I can proudly say more than 5 years.

Last edited:
I ate a big mac about a year and a half ago. It and my digestive system did not agree with one another. I guess either they changed the formula or I had lost my immunity to the things. I haven't been back since.

Just over a month ago, on the way back from skiing. And the second I tasted it I regretted it.

The only time I'll eat McDonalds is when on a road trip and I just need *something* to eat, so generally it's probably once every few years I'll eat it.

Yesterday I saw a commercial advertising the McRib value meal for $3.33. Damn that's verrrrry tempting.

But honestly I don't eat stuff from restaurants very often and when I do it's usually from Burger King. Although sometimes I get an urge for a Big Mac or McNuggets.

I actually like McDonald's. :unsure: Not to start the Fast Food thread over again, but I probably won't eat Burger King again when I graduate and it's not on my meal plan anymore, so McDonald's will seem like a rare and exotic choice in comparison.

Also, my favorite food at McD's? The chicken bacon ranch salad. :lol:

I don't eat their burgers because for some reason everytime I do my stomach goes to hell.

I had one of their salads and fries a few months ago.

I had the 2 cheeseburger meal a few days ago.

I have it whenever I crave it. Life is too short to waste your time avoiding something like McDonald's, and then taking pride in it.

Have you guys seen this video?

[YOUTUBE]4IGtDPG4UfI[/YOUTUBE]
People like this need to get a life and stop being so overdramatic. If I've learned one thing from Anthony Bourdain is that you can eat anything you please and not even feel much discomfort.

Last edited:

I have it whenever I crave it. Life is too short to waste your time avoiding something like McDonald's, and then taking pride in it.

I don't take pride in the fact that I don't like McDonald's and haven't eaten there in years. I just, don't like their food, full stop.

I don't take pride in the fact that I don't like McDonald's and haven't eaten there in years. I just, don't like their food, full stop.

That was directed at IceBone who clearly states avoiding McDonald's is something one should take pride in.

Look, it's fine if you don't like the taste. But someone going out of their way never to eat McDonald's is just retarded - fastfood is fastfood. Go ahead and deny the craving you might have for McD's once in a blue moon, you might live an extra month.

For me, I didn't eat too much fast food until high school. Then I realized it was cheap, filling, and I needed to eat something for lunch :p . But it's been a while since I had to resort to eating fast food, and now I don't even like ~90% of it anyway. So a lot of the fast food, especially from McD, doesn't taste very good to me and is not very nutritional, so it's a no-brainer why I haven't eaten it in so long. I do like unhealthy food, but that mostly comes down to ice cream and certain other sugary things.

Just went over there with my girlfriend. We were both very hungry, and McDonalds has several advantages over other restaurants in my city of Ni? in Serbia. ( which was once famous for its gourmet food )

1. You know what you're getting. If you come to some other restaurant, you have about 50% chance of getting
disgusting food. For some reason, none of the restaurants keep their meat and vegetable quality constant.
Fast-food joints are even worse. You get some unidentifiable crap. I've had food poisoning a few times,
it's no fun. At McD's at least the effects aren't so drastic.

2. You know what you're paying for. In other restaurants, there's always some smart-ass waiter who thinks he can cheat you out of your money. It ruins the whole atmosphere of enjoying a meal with friends.

3. You can sit down. For some reason, a lot of restaurants and fast-food joints have no/few chairs or tables.
This wasn't the case only a few years ago.

4. Music. McD's plays some default music which doesn't hurt your ears. Other restaurants often have some third-rate turbo-folk singers who scream into the mic, with the echo effect turned to the max.

McDonalds is very expensive. I mean, you can go to some restaurant here and have a gourmet dinner for about the same ammount of money. But, often, in other restaurants you order something and then wait for almost an hour before getting it. Even more often, you get cold fries, or low quality meat, and then the waiter tries to charge you too much.

So basically, I don't like McD's, but the other restaurants have deteriorated so much ( through absolutely no fault of McD ), I just go to McD's, eat, then leave.

The only time I'll eat McDonalds is when on a road trip and I just need *something* to eat, so generally it's probably once every few years I'll eat it.

I find it useful to eat a cheeseburger or something before a heavy night of drinking. For me, McD only exists to line my stomach with something before going out.

I'm sick of this whole 'while you wait' idea as well. The whole point of a McDonalds was to get in and out as quick and as cheaply as possible. They've taken away the only aspect of going there and if there's another option around (KFC, Hungry Jacks what have you) then thats where I'll go. What they lose in customer service time they make up for by having food that is actually only slightly edible, and still a world better than Maccas.

This thread reminded me of the fact that the first food I ate upon entering Englad was McDonald's. So much for absorbing in the culture. :lol: But hey, I was hungry after a long day/flight so I wanted something I knew would taste alright.

They still have that in Canada? I've got a menu slide of it from the mid-90s and that meal has been long gone here.

Speaking of long-gone menu items, does anyone else remember McDonald's pizza? That stuff was amazing!

That was directed at IceBone who clearly states avoiding McDonald's is something one should take pride in.

Look, it's fine if you don't like the taste. But someone going out of their way never to eat McDonald's is just retarded - fastfood is fastfood. Go ahead and deny the craving you might have for McD's once in a blue moon, you might live an extra month.

Oh, I still eat far far far faaaaaar to much fast food. I just eat wendy's, jack in the box, whataburger, etc.

People should eat whatever they want, and not look down on people who eat certain things. There was a time when I loved McDonald's, but not anymore.