When was the last time you had McD's?

When was the last time you had McD's?

• Total voters

From there:
I marvel at how McDonalds has infiltrated our entire world. A hamburger here tastes exactly the same in China or some around the world place.

It's cloned.

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

I love how she makes this part out to be some sort of amazing revelation. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT! McDonald's business plan is consistency! The point is if you're anywhere in the world, and not feeling adventurous enough, you can always come back to a McDonald's hamburger and have it be the same familiar commodity when you're back home. That's the essence of globalization, and whether it's a good thing or bad thing is a subject for another debate.

So a hamburger has no nutritional value and looks the same as it did 12 years ago. Great. I'm going to go on the Hollywood Cookie Diet and stuff my face with chocolate-chip cookies too. Nobody's pretending it's healthy, not even McDonald's. It's a pretty ridiculous straw-man argument that doesn't accomplish anything.

Proudly flaunting your personal vendettas against big corporations is the trendy thing to do, anyway. You think the CEO is going to give a damn that you haven't touched a Big Mac in 5 years?

P.S.: this reminds me of a time when my brothers were cleaning our fraternity house and discovered an unopen can of Coors Light that had been sitting around since 2001. So we did the only obvious thing at this point: we placed our bets then drank it. :lol: To this day nobody's died yet. Hell, I'll eat that 12-year old burger if you guys are willing to put some cash on the line!

P.S.: this reminds me of a time when my brothers were cleaning our fraternity house and discovered an unopen can of Coors Light that had been sitting around since 2001. So we did the only obvious thing at this point: we placed our bets then drank it. :lol: To this day nobody's died yet. Hell, I'll eat that 12-year old burger if you guys are willing to put some cash on the line!
Last summer I took a swig out of a then unopened Pepsi grip bottle that we found behind a friend's house. It didn't taste like Pepsi. :unsure:

Can't remeber the last time I ate there, but it was after one of our off road trips, so I know it was less then a year ago. I'd say 6-8 months ago. Had a couple double cheeseburgers off the dollar menu. Heh, for 2 bucks it wasn't bad.

At the time of posting, I'm the ONLY one on this board to have had McD's in the last 24 hours.

I feel special. :D

They still have that in Canada? I've got a menu slide of it from the mid-90s and that meal has been long gone here.

Speaking of long-gone menu items, does anyone else remember McDonald's pizza? That stuff was amazing!

We still have the 2 cheeseburger meal, it's not on the menu, but all you do is tell them not double cheeseburgers and it's about $1 less.

Since somebody else already started the one-up game, I'll top it.

Back in July, my GF was given a package of stroopwaffles by a co-worker that she had found in the storeroom and figured they were a bit past the sell-by date. She brought them home for me, the lover of stroopwaffles. I downed a few and commented on how the center was a bit harder than usual, but not too bad and perhaps it was just because it was a different brand. I decided to check the expiry date on a whim, and discovered that they had expired in June.

June 1998.

They were a full decade expired, and you know the packaging those things come in, a twist-tied plastic bag, not exactly airtight. So I did the only thing I could do and ate the rest of the bag.

I also have an ancient almost-full package of Chiclets that I found in the pocket of a 70's polyester suit that I bought from Value Village. One of my friends had one and said it still tasted fine.

Since somebody else already started the one-up game, I'll top it.

Back in July, my GF was given a package of stroopwaffles by a co-worker that she had found in the storeroom and figured they were a bit past the sell-by date. She brought them home for me, the lover of stroopwaffles. I downed a few and commented on how the center was a bit harder than usual, but not too bad and perhaps it was just because it was a different brand. I decided to check the expiry date on a whim, and discovered that they had expired in June.

June 1998.

They were a full decade expired, and you know the packaging those things come in, a twist-tied plastic bag, not exactly airtight. So I did the only thing I could do and ate the rest of the bag.

I also have an ancient almost-full package of Chiclets that I found in the pocket of a 70's polyester suit that I bought from Value Village. One of my friends had one and said it still tasted fine.

That. Is. AWESOME! How does that happen anyway?

why all the Maccie D's hate? I went there a couple of months ago, and I like it.
Sure it's not the best thing in the world, but it's OK food, cheap, and quick.

couldn't imagine myself eating it more than once a month though, not because my stomach can't handle it (I think it's bombproof, the combinations of food/drink I can get away with without getting sick are just disgusting), just that I get bored of eating the same thing all the time

I think I'm the only one here that's actually worked in a McD's...

I had a drunken double cheese this last Saturday.. i usually prefer other burgers. but we only had 20 min to spare.. :p

I'm another one of the when I have to brigade, and even then I always stich to the chicken burgers. The food is fine, and you know what you're getting, but I'd rather go to a local cafe or something and give my money to them. If I'm on the road or something though I have no problem with nipping through a drive through for a mcchicken sandwich.

Just over a year ago. I think I've been averaging about once a year for the last four years or so.

Not that I dislike McD's in particular, I think it's OK food. However, in the city I used to study at there were pizza/kebab places from which you could get a reasonably sized (and tasty) pizzas for the price of two cheese burgers, or about half the price of a big mac dinner, and I preferred that option.

I don't regularly eat there, nor do i like or dislike their food, i'm quite ambivalent to it. After all, it's food, it has a taste, the taste isn't bad, and it's not really that expensive nor is it really cheap. My wife, however loves their chicken nuggets, so we eat there every now and then when she feels a craving for them, which was even worse when se was pregnant. She literally couldn't walk past a McD without going inside and grabbing a vanilla milkshake.

I only eat at McD if there is really NOTHING else and only a cheeseburger to make my hunger disappear until I find sth. better. I hate McD over here, it is disgusting and overpriced. I can get a footlong Subway sandwich for 5? here, and a BigMac Menu is 5.49. Nah, thanks

The other day, really not that much worse than some of the other shit that's peddled as a "healthy" alernative.

I weigh 54kg, I think I can stand to put on some kg.