When was the last time you had McD's?

When was the last time you had McD's?

• Total voters
^ I dunno about Australia, but over here McDonald's actually uses very high quality coffee beans... much better than Starbucks anyway. Their coffee is delicious! I always go there or Tim Horton's, screw the trendy places.

^ I dunno about Australia, but over here McDonald's actually uses very high quality coffee beans... much better than Starbucks anyway. Their coffee is delicious! I always go there or Tim Horton's, screw the trendy places.

Yeah they use better beans than starbucks did. There are a couple of handy McCafe's on the road between Melbourne and Canberra/Sydney

^ Did Starbucks change their beans? I didn't hear nothing... Starbucks' plain old coffee just tastes so over-roasted to me. Even the light one tastes like piss.

I do admit going to Starbucks occasionally for a vanilla latte or chai tea latte, but for regular coffee my money is better spent at less assuming places.

^ Did Starbucks change their beans? I didn't hear nothing... Starbucks' plain old coffee just tastes so over-roasted to me. Even the light one tastes like piss.

I do admit going to Starbucks occasionally for a vanilla latte or chai tea latte, but for regular coffee my money is better spent at less assuming places.

Starbucks barely exist in Australia anymore, they went from 60+ stores to about 5 litterally overnight.

True dat, the coffee at McD's over here is also among the best you can get from general food places. So when i'm there i generally get a cup of coffee to go with my fastfood grub.

Starbucks barely exist in Australia anymore, they went from 60+ stores to about 5 litterally overnight.

60? Bah, I think Vancouver must have at least 200 alone.

In downtown, you literally cannot go more than 3 blocks without a Starbucks. There's even one in my building. :rolleyes:

60? Bah, I think Vancouver must have at least 200 alone.

In downtown, you literally cannot go more than 3 blocks without a Starbucks. There's even one in my building. :rolleyes:

http://www.starbucks.com/australia/

Starbucks has been a part of the Australian market since 2000. There are currently 84 Starbucks locations throughout the country, including Brisbane, Canberra, Gold Coast, Melbourne, South Australia, Sydney, and Tasmania. 23 stores will remain open in Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney and surrounding areas to serve customers in those communities.

It's been about a fortnight, I got a Sausage and Egg McMuffin. I was planning to get a few hash browns with it, but they are way too expensive now ($1.30 or something I think). Back in my day :wheelchair: they used to be half that and double the size.

For the most part it is about once a month that I go there, I try to get their chicken burgers, the fillet ones especially (the McChicken is an oversized McNugget in a bun).

As for the stores themselves, the only issue I have is the huge waits now that they do the made to order stuff. It takes a good part of a half hour to get your meal around lunch time (especially in the bigger stores). The whole point of McDonalds is fast food!

If you can, try a McDonut from the McCaf? section, the chocolate ones especially are fantastic (and cheap too).

I'm told coffee at mcdonalds here is absolutely horrid compared to any cafe or restaurant. Maybe because the custom around here is not to drink filter coffee. My ex confirmed that when she visited.

I'm told coffee at mcdonalds here is absolutely horrid compared to any cafe or restaurant. Maybe because the custom around here is not to drink filter coffee. My ex confirmed that when she visited.

Uh, we're talking about McCafe not the regular stuff.

Ice, how about you go try it yourself before dissing it? It's only like $1.65.

And we don't have McCafes here, I was just talking about regular McDonald's coffee you can substitute for your cup of Coke even. They use some type of premium arabica beans.

Neither do I... well not religiously anyway.

Unlike most I don't depend on coffee to be able to get out of the house in the morning. In fact it has no pick me up effect for me, but once in a while I have a cup, especially if it's cold.

Tea is the shit though, which is why I love the spiced tea at Starbucks.

Just had McD's for dinner. Hadn't had it in a while.

I've been on the whole diet and healthy food thing for over 8 months, but recently stumbled on McDonalds nutrition and Menu website (Russian) and was simply amazed how much crap i've been eating. And the website was pretty difficult to find, hidden nicely. Actually compated the data on the Russian Menu to American, turns out Russian stuff has more kcal, fat and so on.

For example, the original Big N'Tasty on US Mcd nutrition website is listed as 460 kcal, 24+8 grams of fat. The same Big N'Tasty on Russian website is listed as 850 kcal, 52+21 grams of fat.

Last edited:
Weird that the Russian McDs are fattier than the "regular ones"
I always thought "in soviet Russia, Mcdonalds eats you"

Considering how many chemicals it has, that may turn out to be true afterall. :p

I compared other sandwitches, fries, cocktailes. Mostly Russian stuff has either the same or a little bit less kcal/fat, but B'Tasty one really stands out. There's an option to calculate the nutrition of your menu, one thing i know for sure i am never going back to McDs again.