When will the jokes stop.....

vRS

Car(s)
'99 BMW 323i SE
Driver Power 2007!
The Driver Power results are in ? and we have a shock new winner!
2060823.007.1M.jpg

Beating everything from luxury saloons to sports coupes, Skoda?s Octavia has been named the Best Car to own in the UK in Driver Power 2007!

Now in its sixth year, Auto Express?s class leading motoring survey is the most eagerly anticipated poll in the business. The Driver Power questionnaire was completed by tens of thousands of drivers before the closing date at the end of January. Since then an independent data firm has crunched the numbers and we have been busy producing the best ever Driver Power report.

And with over 40 per cent of drivers reporting a breakdown in the last three years ? learning which models are letting you down has never been more important.

The headline news is the new Czech winner, which has stopped Honda?s S2000 from making it three gold medals in a row.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/207636/driver_power_2007.html

Every time I hear someone mention Skoda, "scrotum" is always the first thing that comes to mind.

That's all. I really have nothing to offer the conversation, since I've never even seen one in person.

I agree, not sold over here either.

40% of drivers reporting a breakdown seems high...

skodas are great cars, they work most of the time, they?re fast, and they?re incredibly boring... what more could you want as a daily driver?

I've always liked how the more recent Skodas look. They look like VW's but more elegant.

Oh blimey! That new Octavia looks fantastic. I'd buy one.

Skodas are always the fastest driven cars I see, It seems BMW man has found something new...

...the new Octavia is certainly a looker.

My mum has just bought a Fabia vRS, can't wait till she collects it. Skodas are just cheap volkswagens, great bargains.

It must be said that they are nice looking cars. They'll be in Australia sometime later this year. I can't remember if they'll be sold alongside VW or have their own dealerships. Be interesting to see how well/not well they are recieved over here.

Doesn't really surprise me, cheap cars that are cheap to maintain, incredibly equiped for their price range, and built like tanks.

And my mom's Fabia isn't that boring, even if it isn't the vRS (we dont get that one here).

looks generic

It actually isn't a bad looking car...especially in that white or their blue.

get an octavia 3.0l tdi. you'll understand :)

skodas are great cars, they work most of the time, they?re fast, and they?re incredibly boring... what more could you want as a daily driver?

That's about what I think of Pontiac. The GTO may be quick but it bores me to tears.

*puts on flameproof pants* If Jetsetter asks you never saw me.

I can't remember if they'll be sold alongside VW or have their own dealerships.

They'll have their own dealerships - whether that means their own building next to a VW yard, or a completely seperate operation remains to be seen.

I'll be getting my new company car Octavia estate next week, can't wait. Easily fit me and 4 mates in with all our camping gear + mountain bike on it.

The fabia I had for the last 2 years has been very good, not a single breakdown and just regular maintenance every 10k. OK they not the most exciting cars out there, but for the money you can't go wrong. The pacific rim is not even close to the same level.

I don't understand the thread title... people still say/joke that Skodas are crap cars?
Is that true? Who are these idiots? ^_^

Well, I'm not surprised. Skoda took really good places during past years, so now it just graduated. I own Skoda Fabia and the car is without any problems. It drives well and I like the way it looks. And I'm glad to see, that not only in Czech Republic people do like Skodas.