Where can I download WRC races? [SpeedTV not covering it]

Raider

Right...So SpeedTV, the only station in the US that covered WRC is not covering it anymore (but hey have 3 hours of bobsledding to replace it....seriously wtf), so i'm shit out of luck and i don't know where to download them...

is there someplaces that puts up the races?

it starts next week :cry: and i need my races...

YEP PLEASE.... I was getting them on AXN, but it seems that they would not put them this year.. is not in the schedule..... where can we get them!!!! please

and eurosport arent doing it aswell wft

the FIA really want the wrc to die fucking assholes first F1 now WRC.

also ITV are still doing it but in the middle of the night again..

p.s email me and ill tell you where you can get it from i cant post the link

wtf...is the 2006 season not getting any love?
damn...

good news...
Eurosport decided to do coverage :D
now to just wait for the torrents...

Yeah I found out about Speed dropping the coverage as well. I really want to see this monaco race. I'm sure there will be torrent files up, so no worries.

I haven't really followed WRC of late but maybe this has something to do with the recent lack of coverage. I found this on another board.

Don't know for sure who is broadcasting WRC yet, but the big problem may be more how is the WRC going to be this year. Word is that Mitsubishi have just withdrawn, Skoda are gone for sure, Citroen are taking a year off, so there will only be full factory teams from Ford (Gronholm and Hirvonen) and Subaru (Solberg and Atkinson). Loeb will be in a "private" Citroen. FIA is thinking about overhauling the car specs in a big way to bring down costs.

Also, for those of us in the US, there is a rumor that OLN might be carrying the WRC this year. But i've not found anything official about that.

If SPEED really doesn't get it (I think we should give them a month or so, considering they've picked things up late before), then I see no need to keep paying for a channel I no longer watch. I said so at their forum as well, as many others have.

First they dropped Dakar coverage (which was really sad, considering how great a job they did with it!) and now this. One thing I've heard, which I think is a good idea, is that SPEED should consider making a second network, where one could focus on Nascar and reality series, while the other could focus on various forms of racing.

A suggestion for everyone: Start asking your local cable and satellite providers if they'd consider picking up the Eurosport channels. It couldn't hurt, and if enough people mentioned it, you never know.

In the meantime, I'll be looking out for the torrents. I'm sure we'll all inform each other of where they can be found, right? ;)

P.S. This may come across as a bit paranoid, but I can't help but wonder how much longer Fifth Gear, a non-American show, will continue to be on SPEED.

I was wondering if any big celebrities watched the WRC or other non-NASCAR races. I know Jay Leno is a popular conservative who would fight in the name of auto enthusiasts. Leno is like Jeremy Clarkson but MUCH, MUCH more powerful.

If we can find who these celebrities are, maybe we can write to them and see if they can speak on our behalf. Sadly, they have more power to change things than little people like us.

Uhhhhh, I'd say yes. ;) He's filthy, stinkin' rich on a level that Jeremy will never even come close to, and he is pretty much beloved by all, whereas there are many who vehemently hate Jeremy.

But anyway, um...the celebrity thing would be nice, but we all know it won't happen. I would think Robby Gordon would be one guy who would speak out about it, though. Can you imagine if he got in Speed's face about it?! He'd probably demand they carry the Dakar again, too, especially if he watched OLN's coverage. :p

Ripplin said:
Uhhhhh, I'd say yes. ;) He's filthy, stinkin' rich on a level that Jeremy will never even come close to, and he is pretty much beloved by all, whereas there are many who vehemently hate Jeremy.

But anyway, um...the celebrity thing would be nice, but we all know it won't happen. I would think Robby Gordon would be one guy who would speak out about it, though. Can you imagine if he got in Speed's face about it?! He'd probably demand they carry the Dakar again, too, especially if he watched OLN's coverage. :p

In the US Leno has much more power, but he doesn't have the influence over new cars that JC does in the UK. Didn't he single handedly nearly kill a large portion of Vauxhaul sales due to his hatred of the vectra's?

Leno is all about old cars,

i sent raider a link to the goldmine. if anyone else wants to know where it is pm me and i'll let u know :thumbup:

Ripplin said:

you said powerful, not loved and rich. much more people will take jeremy clarkson more seriously then leno. remember to that Top Gear is the most watched show in the world. lenos show isnt even close

wingnutsc said:
i sent raider a link to the goldmine. if anyone else wants to know where it is pm me and i'll let u know
...in a thread that's all about spreading the word, why can't you just say it? :|

Well, there are some vids at mininova.org, but I guess I'll have to PM wingnutsc to see where he gets them. Still don't know why he's keeping it a secret, though. :p

Because the place he's pointing people too requested that it's url not be posted in a public forum.

I agree I think it's a bit silly but I'm willing to respect that request if I'm able to get WRC downloads.

Ripplin said:
Now that I see it, I completely understand. It's a truly great place. :)

Roger that

I was confused and frustrated when WRC didn't come on Speed. I always watch it at my girlfriend's house and we marked the calender 3 months ago and waited for it.

Whoops, looks like Speed can play a billion Nascar shows but can't handle a series which makes Nascar drivers look like they have no skil....Oh wait, maybe that WAS the reason they dropped it, haha.

BTW, great site. So much info it's amazing. Huge Top Gear fan even though I don't get it here in the states.