Where Did Jason Go???

He's off at a chocolate factory

He got wedged in a Citroen and the others couldn't be bothered to get him out.

...some say that he is still stuck there, trying to get others to buy it. And that, because of the credit crunch, they won't. <_<

Some say he can get you a used Mercedes S-class for under a grand. And that he's being used as a weather balloon in Alaska.

All we know is... he's not the Stig. But he is the Stig's Trucker Cousin!

Actually, I saw Jason on a motoring-related programme on one of the satellite channels relatively recently... I think it was something on Men & Motors. Surprise of all surprises, he was talking about getting an excellent deal on a used car.

I think he ruined his mainstream broadcasting career with a D.U.I as well...

He didn't get the D.U.I. it was one of the old Top Gear hosts.

He still writes for the magazine.

He hasn't written for the magazine since he left the show. Jason still writes use car reviews for the Times 'though.

They killed him off for being useless.

Not true. When TG was relaunched May was always the first choice of Clarkson and Wilman for the third presenter but it was James himself who had reservations about the new format and whether it would work. Jason was then drafted in to fill the spot but having seen the first series of the revamped show James relented and decided it did work and he did want to be involved.

I read about this quite recently although I'm damned if I can remember where as I would love to be able to quote the source.

As for the DUI you're probably thinking of Steve Coogan's brother Brendan who was on old TG and did get caught driving over the limit.

some say Jason was the darkest past of the TG and that if he had stayed on, TG would have died 11 season ago, all we know is James May was the best choice to go with Richard Hammond and Jeremy Clarkson.

he presents 'Used Car Roadshow' on ITV2/3 with some rally driver bird ....

Oh come on, he wasn't that bad. Sure, James was most definitely an improvement, but it's not like Dawe killed the show or anything.

Oh come on, he wasn't that bad. Sure, James was most definitely an improvement, but it's not like Dawe killed the show or anything.

He was aweful. He would have done a good job on Fifth Gear :p