Where does your nickname come from?

zeroSignal

Nerdcore
Car(s)
2012 Golf TDI 140
We started talking about this in the chatroom (which all of you should really visit - irc.p44.org #gear or check the Chat link on the site), but Viper proposed having it on the forum so more people could answer.

So.. Where does your nickname come from?

Mine (zeroSignal) comes from a song by Fear Factory called, you guessed it, Zero Signal. It's from the Demanufacture CD and is one of their best, imo.

What about you?

Any guesses to the two subjects that created my name? :lol:

I actually used to use ViperBond007, but I has used it at EA online games or something which was tied with AOL. When I went to go make my AOL Internet login back in the day, it wouldn't let me transfer ViperBond007 so I had to make this one. I've stuck with it ever since (that was around 1998 or 1999).

There is a hypnotist in the Netherlands (of Belgium, he switches) and his name is
Rasti Rostelli.

People have always called me Josty (The Jostyband is a band with handicapped people, it's well known here) so at one time I think I thought "Hey...Josty Rostelli"
:mrgreen:

So that should clear up things....NO It's not my real name (has been asked 100times :mrgreen:

So I was in the chatroom, when this discussion was going on and decided to post...I've posted the meaning before, but I'll do it again.
Cruz is my middle name, just added the extra "z", and 563 is J-O-E on the telephone numberpad, my first name. :)

It's his middle name and it's not a first name really here, but it's a mildly common last name, especially among those of Latino decent.

Jostyrostelli said:
Cruz? Is that a real american name? Never hear of it before.

Bonderella said:
It's his middle name and it's not a first name really here, but it's a mildly common last name, especially among those of Latino decent.

Bonderella's right Jos, common among Latinos. In Spanish, Cruz, means Cross...mostly of the biblical sense. :)

I came up with mine one sunny afternoon just as I was entering a chat to tease the hell out of everybody, and thought a nick like Wooptidoop would fool people into thinking I was a kid. :mrgreen:
And it kinda rolls off the thoungue nicely....

Well if you never noticed, my website is titled nomoreoptions, I was called NMO quite a lot, so I stuck with it. The story behind nomoreoptions is when I ran a push bike into a wall avoiding crashing into a bunch of people, I smacked my head against the wall and got a nice concussion, I had a thing about saying nomoreoptions, so when I signed up for email one day, I used nomoreoptions (combining it with an @hotmail thing was always fun) as a joke between me and my friends. Just stuck with it then.

900 SPG:

saabbigpic.jpg

(no, not mine)

Chaos is from the character of the same name in Sonic Adventure, and the 386 part is from our first PC, a laptop with a 25Mhz 386. :)

Graeme is my first name, and PC are my other initials.

BTW, GraemeH on these forums is the only other person I have ever seen with a name spelled the same as me.

Mine comes from snowboarding. I use both flowrider and freerider on the net. Most of the time I use freerider, coming from 'someone who freerides'.

Greetz Johan

I got called nutty when I first started high school, stuck with me since then.

I never knew all you off have so much story behind your nickname... :lol: well... my name is Andrew Hui and I used andy because one day a few years ago... my music teacher started to call me Andy because it was easier :lol: ... so I used Andy from then on... 01 is just a random number that I really liked... :D

jasonchiu, well long story after being rasied by wolfs, my father which was a bear, decided to name me jason and my surname was decided by pickin random letters from a scrabble bag

jasonchiu said:
jasonchiu, well long story after being rasied by wolfs, my father which was a bear, decided to name me jason and my surname was decided by pickin random letters from a scrabble bag
:lmao:

Mine's Ultra_Kool_Dude because I'm an Ultra Kool Dude.