Where In The World Is..?

I've just been wondering if NSFW isn't doing the forum more harm then good. Sure, it's a nice wank bank and lots of people seem to have fun in the Random Thoughts or the Not For Prying Eyes Thread, but as a whole? I don't know, I really don't.

I never cared for it as I've explained before so I removed myself.

Sometimes I get annoyed when I find out some shit went down in NSFW and I had no clue about it, but then I quickly come around and realize that's why I de-joined the group to begin with. I come on FinalGear to relax and get away from the shit in my life, not the other way around.

Also, if it is as MWF puts it, for depressed people and those too ugly to get dates... yeah, not my cup of tea. So it's good you have the option of hiding that part of the forums.

Well, this OUBTIGAaFWEWAH (and the funniest thing is it's accurate :lamo: ) recommends that if you don't like the drama in NSFW, stick to the picture threads (of which there are many) and ignore the rest. And, like Shawn, if you don't want even that, remove yourself. It's not the place for everyone. As Kat said, if there are individuals that you don't like, put them on ignore.

Personally, I think a safe place to talk about stuff is very valuable. A number of very serious issues have been discussed which have hopefully assisted not only the OP but people facing similar problems who haven't had the confidence to speak up. Yes, it is a bit of dime store advice, but sometimes they are very useful (I hope to others too). People are also very respectful in those instances not to fuck around during those discussions. Other times, well, people are people.

As Quiky said, not going away, no point in discussing further.

Back to the fun!

Skylock's back!!!!

I like NSFW, sure it can get heated sometimes, wich section doesn't? Ever been to automotive? Make sure to bring a damn helmet.

Yes it largely revolves around the same group of people, that's not a bad thing....

What it also did is actualy helped (yes, an Internetboard that actualy had an influence in people's lives :p ) several people dealing with difficult times in their lives, and still does.

I know it helped me over a year ago, I kinda stuck around there because of it, and maybee on the board in general (wich I'm sure some of you will consider a bad thing :wave: )

Don't like it that's fine, but I don't agree it's harming the board as a whole.

Last edited:
I like the NSFW forum, while I don't dabble in the other "more fun" threads too often, Not Safe for Prying Eyes is a great place for no fluffy/uneeded pity bullshit advice. The people there have helped me through many a time. Sure, you could say, that's what blogs/old fashioned journals are for, but then you get no realistic feedback, it's only you writing your issue creating a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy that can cause you to make rash decisions. :)

This. NSFPE is the perfect place to vent things because unlike IRL there is little or no chance of something you said coming back to bite you on the arse. You receive, in the main at least, a sympathetic ear and a wide range of advice and opinions that I would say, in the main, are helpful.

I am just too much of a prude to go back in there.

I guess I equate NSFW to the time just before I was married and was taken to a strip club. First off, you can't touch anything. And then the men paid for a private strip for me, a lap dance. The "DANCE" was a more of a masochist/sadist thing, both of which I am not, and I told the female that too. So after she basically beat me up and noticed I was as limp as a boxing referee, we instead talked about general stuff for a while. That was much more pleasant.

NSFW is, to me, a sadistic pole dancer slapping me in the face with her breasts. I'll get my jollies elsewhere.

Last edited:
Jay confesses to being motivated by different kinds of "birds" to those found in NSFW. ;)

Its Swek - run and hide!

Anyway, NSFW is brilliant, one of the best things on the board. I like a laugh - do not take images and discussions in there too seriously and everyone should be fine.

It is just amusing, and sometimes you can help people with "private" problems, as one may have had them yourself and found a way to go that worked for you.

swek????

how long has that been? nice to see you around!

Hey bone. I never really left. I just use Finalgear's IRC channel and check the forums from time to time. The mass of content is a bit overwhelming though.
Everyone who manages to post a ton while having a job get's my respect.

Hey bone. I never really left. I just use Finalgear's IRC channel and check the forums from time to time. The mass of content is a bit overwhelming though.

it helps when you work at a helpdesk and you have finalgear open all day long ;)

and the function that subscribes you to each thread you reply, makes it realy easy to bundle the most important threads. it keeps it manageable

it helps when you work at a helpdesk and you have finalgear open all day long ;)

and the function that subscribes you to each thread you reply, makes it realy easy to bundle the most important threads. it keeps it manageable

You have just described my life.

Just popping in because I saw I was mentioned.

I didn't ragequit anything. I had some problems getting online for a while and during that few weeks met someone who now monopolizes most of my free time. I check back once in a while to glance over my subscribed threads, but I don't really have the energy to get into discussions anymore.

I'm still quite grateful for all the awesome folks I've met through this site though, and the interests they've helped me cultivate.

If you want to talk to me, PM me here. I'll get it eventually. :)

Dogbert hasn't posted in over a month now...

He's alive and well and active on FB.....

Heres two members I recognise :D

I still remember the time I got "boned" LOL. (old school joke in case your wondering what I'm on about).

Heres two members I recognise :D

I still remember the time I got "boned" LOL. (old school joke in case your wondering what I'm on about).
Who the hell are you, and why do you have a red nickname? :p