Autoblog: Where is your god now? 2010 Prius will influence styling for Toyota's lineup.

Where is your god now? 2010 Prius will influence styling for Toyota's lineup.

• Total voters

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/05/19/report-2010-prius-design-will-influence-future-toyotas-w-pol/

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2009/05/20/2010_prius_angle.jpg

The Toyota Prius has long been a love-it-or-hate-it design. The sweeping roofline of the hybrid hatch may have been penned to maximize the car's ability to cut through the wind, but its shape is now instantly recognizable to the masses - so much so that Honda has been accused of ripping off the Prius' basic design for its latest Insight (gasp!).

Whether you're enamored or disgusted by the Prius' aesthetic, you'd better get used to the new styling cues.
The 2010 model is the shape of things to come for Toyota, debuting a few new forms that will infiltrate the rest of the automaker's line-up in the near future. Toyota's global design chief, Wahei Hirai, calls the styling of the new Prius "free-form geometrics," and a few of the more prominent elements -- including the hybrid's sharply-creased corners, slit-like front grille and bolder, more pronounced hood badge -- are all bound for future models. Good thing or bad thing? Tell us in the poll after the jump.

I replicated the poll from Autoblog so we can see what FinalGear thinks of this.

Last edited:
:blink: How can anyone think this is a good idea? :cry:

well, I said kill it with fire, but only in the sense that I'd like to kill all of toyota with fire, because they bore the fuck out of me, and I couldn't care less if it's more priusy or not.

I think the average Toyota owner isn't going to give a damn.

Q: How do you make the most boring lineup in all of automobiledom more boring?
A: Make them all look like the Prius!

They made it even worse! How?!

I hope that it influences the design in a sense that they will continue making low CD vehicles but if they have to look like the Primus (Russians will get it) then KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!!

Can we kill it with high explosives, instead of just fire?

It doesn't really matter. Toyota's have always been, and will continue to be boring and bland cars. One less thing to distract me I guess?

It tries to be angular and curvy at the same time that. The headlights annoy a small gnome in the back of my cerebral cortex, making me slightly uncertain of myself.

It's not like the current lineup is exactly the automotive equivalent of Hustler. Whoop de do, now they're going to be ugly in a different way, not a big change.

It doesn't really matter. Toyota's have always been, and will continue to be boring and bland cars. One less thing to distract me I guess?

Not ALL, but all of them right now for sure.

Stupid move, Toyota. Idiots.