where the hell is the new M roadster??

justin syder

Car(s)
1986 Mercedes-Benz 300E
where the hell is the new M roadster??

anyone know when the M version of the Z4 is coming out?? thats a BMW that i actually like and last i heard it was coming out but its been almost two yrs since the z4 came out and no M version.

atleast AMG release their cars at the same time as the regular models. :wink: No need to wait for that SLK55 AMG. :wink: :wink:

According to BMW, they arent going to build one. But there have been numerous spy shots of such a car being tested at the 'ring. So, build your own conclusions. My guess is that its not coming... any time soon. I think that BMW are going to wait for the new M3/M4 to come out so that they can use that V8 engine in their new M Roadster.

yeah i saw the spy shots so i knew it was coming out but possibly after the new M3/4, damn. thats quite a while. thanks for the info.

im sure the Z4 M version will be closelt matched to the new SLK55 AMG. I'd chose the SLK but the Z4 M version would really be a close second out of all the small roadsters out there.

Well, since the Z4 doesn't have anything to do with the Z3, there is no immediate reason why the should be obligated to make a Coupe version of it just because the Z3 came in a Coupe version. But I really would like to see them making it though, cuz I loved the M Coupe alot! On a track it can stand up the the most..

haz

haz said:
Well, since the Z4 doesn't have anything to do with the Z3, there is no immediate reason why the should be obligated to make a Coupe version of it just because the Z3 came in a Coupe version. But I really would like to see them making it though, cuz I loved the M Coupe alot! On a track it can stand up the the most..

haz
I remembering reading that BMW is considering making a 1er 3-Door. The M-Version of that car would be the "replacement" for the M Coupe, which would be awesome!

MPower said:
I remembering reading that BMW is considering making a 1er 3-Door. The M-Version of that car would be the "replacement" for the M Coupe, which would be awesome!

I'm not really interested in a Z4 M at all - I've never really had much of an interest in Z4s at all. The M Coupe however, is one of my all time favourite cars and I would love to see a similar car on the road. I'm not the biggest fan of the 1 series' design (or any of BMW's new designs for that matter), but if BMW threw their V8 in the car I may be able to overlook any problems with the exterior. :p

MPower said:
haz said:

haz

Agreed :lol:

haz

the M coupe as a hatch was okay visually.

as the COUPE version of the Z3 roadster it looked awkward and a bit ugly. anyone agree??

i hoe they dont make a basterdized Z4 coupe hatch thing. :|

Nothing on BMW's press site indicates any "M4" activity, but we'll see at NAIAS if there's any progress...