Someone Else's Problem: Where we are going, we might not need four wheel drive... '94 Fiat Panda 1000 "Cosi"

This car, as well as the other Panda that was bought at the same time in the same country for the same roadtrip purposes, made me realise that I overlooked the Panda as an enthusiast car. Actually, it's all the car you need and none you don't, you just have to pick your flavour (2WD or 4WD). It's one of the most iconic car designs, for a good reason. The form follows the function and it utilises most out of its form. If I were to buy a car for commuting purposes, and didn't need a new(-ish) car, I'd pick the Panda.

Glad it's going into enthusiast hands. It's a car that needs to be used but not abused.

This car, as well as the other Panda that was bought at the same time in the same country for the same roadtrip purposes, made me realise that I overlooked the Panda as an enthusiast car. Actually, it's all the car you need and none you don't, you just have to pick your flavour (2WD or 4WD). It's one of the most iconic car designs, for a good reason. The form follows the function and it utilises most out of its form. If I were to buy a car for commuting purposes, and didn't need a new(-ish) car, I'd pick the Panda.

Glad it's going into enthusiast hands. It's a car that needs to be used but not abused.
I'd happily drive a Panda 100hp :D

That steering was special. I felt out of control a few times while cornering with it during a ringmeet test drive.

I need one.

So would I! :p The second generation of Panda seems to follow the original car's spirit, albeit in a completely different form. The 100HP is a Panda gone bonkers, in a positive way.

The Panda lives! Somewhere. I checked some old ads and noticed it had been posted up for sale in May 2020 as "needing welding but has good tires". I logged on to the traffic authority system where you can pay your road tax and checked the Panda's status as I knew the registration. It's passed inspection mid-June, so someone's welded it together! Amazing news, really, and it shows these will run forever if you just know how to weld. Or even if you don't.

So when are you buying it back? :D

He's going to find it tucked away somewhere when he least expects it....

Reactions: MWF