Where would you like to see the magazine?

Nice thread.

I live near Paris, and I bought the "meet our heroes" issue in the import section last month for 8.40?. A bit expensive but hey, i wanted one. That was my first issue. I quite enjoyed it.

I was thinking about a subscription so I went on the topgear magazine website, but I found it really expensive :|

So I'll probably keep on buying one from time to time. It's quite hard to find here in paris, but that's ok.

Canada please more in Canada I have to look high and low to find a copy. I love your mag.... And if your give'n out subscripions to Canada I would take one !!! LOL :)

Portugal - watch this space, hope to be able to announce something soon.

Australia - still a long term goal but nothing imminent.

Up to yesterday i would have answered the question "Where would you like to see the mag?" with
"On my bloody doormat!"
It seems services on the M1 just north of the M25 had the new issue on their shelves on Wednesday, but me being a subscriber had to wait til yesterday.
Thank god it arrived when it did. I was considering going out and buying a copy from my local paper shop!
Sorry, mini rant over- too much beer and not enough Top Gear!

Sorry if that has been said before, but I didn't want to wade through all 12 pages of this.

I know the mag is availible in the US, but I'd like to see it a bit cheaper to subscribe in the US. I went on the topgear mag website and looked into subscribing, and they want something like 90 GBP. That's 180 bucks! I can buy 13 issues for 130 bucks at the bookstore. 180 bucks for a year's subscription to a mag is completely ridiculous when the cover price is only 10 USD.

WRK, I agree completely. Considering many US magazines will do yearly subscriptions for less than $50 a year the price of Top Gear Magazine is astronomical.

If it were a reasonable price I would subscribe in a heartbeat, but not for nearly $200 a year. I already subscribe to two magazines, Skiing I get for free and Air & Space is only about $20 a year if I remember right.

I echo the fact that there needs to be an Australian version... because I don't live in a capital city... e.g Melbourne, Sydney.... etc. I have not found any around home.

I think that the channel that shows Top Gear, SBS, have realised that they a ratings winner on their hands. They have even set-up a website and forum for all the Australian Top Gear fans where we can talk about the previous night's episode (It is shown on a Monday night at 7:30pm) or discuss cars in general. The website covers episode guides, car reviews, general motoring news and the like.

Like most of us, when Richard had the accident, I was glued to the newpaper's websites; and when I found out that the Top Gear magazine had a "World Exclusive" with pictures and his story, I was absolutely gutted that I couldn't buy it. The subscription price is ?97.50 for 13 issues which, at the current exchange rate, is $A 245. That price is over double of what you pay in the UK, I didnt think that postage was so expensive. I will be able to get a magazine, because someone, in the UK, is able to post me a copy; but I wouldnt be able to rely on her every single time that the new issue came out.

I can't see why New Zealand has it and we don't...

So I think that it could be worth while to have an Australian version

Ditto above. Although I can find the magazine relatively easily (Borders for "direct from UK" import, or many newsagencies now carry them but as they're sent surface to save cost they're also 1-2 months behind), the subscription costs make no sense.

In a place like Borders, which air freight in issues, they cost around $12-15 AUD (4.50 to 6 GBP), and are only around a week or two behind the UK. Unfortauntely, in Australia, as we're not Europe or even US we get slugged with a massive ?97.50 subscription fee - or $245 AUD (currency conversion correct as of today).

$245 for 12 issues is insane. Even if I bought the Borders import edition I could save a solid 30-40% off the subscription cost, including their transport costs and mark-up etc.

Why is it so expensive to subscribe?

any belgian who now if the new issue already arrived in Belgium? Drove to Gent saturday to check in the store club where they normally have the mag. but the woman at the desk told me several people already asked her for the mag. she thought id didn't arrive yet.... anyone heard something else?

other question, does anyone know where we can find the mag in Belgium in any other store than club?

have editions in china,really?
i have not heard about it...

considering that Germany is Europe's biggest market, I dont quite understand why the TG mag isnt available in German. I mean, it's so different (=entertaining) from all the other German cars mags (AMS, Autobild, AutoZeitung). A German version might be worth trying. Moreover, the English version here in Germany is so bloody expensive (12/13?). I've never thought of buying one, coz I'd rather spend the same money on 3 issues of Sport Auto or PowerCar.

And I still cant believe why the show isnt shown on German telly. :( :? Hope that's gonna change one day.... Fingers crossed.

seb

Jethro - can't say too much but keep your eyes peeled for news on the magazine in Poland very soon!

I'm from Poland as Jethro and I completly agree with all what he wrote. I must say that bought TG Magazine very regularly last year (to be precise in from Augus till December).

TGUKGLM could you say sth more about Polish Edition. Maybe when I it is possible to appear, price or other things.

Lambo in Poland we have to pay also circa 12?. btw i'm not so sure but you have in Germany, some special editions of Auto Bild about Supercars, I saw it once or twice, but compering to TG Mag it's rubbish

Last edited:
OK, quite a few to catch up on.

lj4835599 - yes, there is a Chinese edition of the magazine. You can find details about it here : http://www.omghk.com/omg/index.php

Australian Chaps - we continue to work on finding a partner for the Oz market. It's quite difficult as there are only a few big beasts there and they've all got other things on their minds at the moment!

Lambo - we've never been really sure whether the mag would work in Germany. Every single one of the other car mags there is a dull, Auto Motor & Sport type title. Also, the UK mag 'Car' tried to launch into the German market but failed miserable. Would welcome a string of prospective German readers telling me I'm wrong!

mikel - and finally, can't say too much about the Polish issue right now, only to say that I'm 99% certain it will be on sale before the end of the year.

Hi TGUKGLM, any chance of getting the UK version of the mag in India? I like the Indian version of TG but would love to read the UK version also. Thanks for having an Indian version. :)

yusha - that would be a little difficult as importing anything into India is a nightmare. Look out for some changes to the Indian edition in the near future, we're thinking of adding more UK material to it, so you may not need to buy the UK version!

German TG

German TG

Lambo - we've never been really sure whether the mag would work in Germany. Every single one of the other car mags there is a dull, Auto Motor & Sport type title. Also, the UK mag 'Car' tried to launch into the German market but failed miserable. Would welcome a string of prospective German readers telling me I'm wrong!
QUOTE]

Yupp, you're right. German car magazines are nothing but dull - except for SportAuto, IMO. But, hey, we're the No. 1 Autoland, so what do you expect? Germans want facts, facts, facts... and no joking around. And still I'm not giving up hope. TG for a
fair price would be awesome.

A prospective German reader :D

yusha - that would be a little difficult as importing anything into India is a nightmare.!

Thats so true. Custom people in India are dumb bastards. Thanks for the update. Waiting eagerly for the changes.