Where would you like to see the magazine?

As far as I'm aware, they're not censored at all. The only exception is the Middle East, where we might remove images for reasons of religious or cultural sensitivity (e.g. bikini-clad girls) ... but that might equally apply to our Indonesian or Indian editions, for example.

I live in NZ and pick up the TG mag whenever I can on a semi-regular basis
Would think of subscribing

Very well produced magazine BTW _b _b

from memory it's the only English language edition of top gear outside of the UK one. I could have changed by now

FurryCrew - glad you like, we're pretty pleased with it. They're looking at some exciting new developments for TG NZ over the next few months, so keep your eyes peeled.

There are also English-language editions in India and the Philippines.

TGUKGLM said:
Byte

Sorry about that - the BBC Shop people are more focused on the UK retail scene than the international stuff. They should still know the answer, though, and I'll make sure they get updated.

You need to go to the following URL :

https://secure2.subscribeonline.co.uk/TOPG/login.cfm

You can get there via www.topgear.com but I thought I'd give you the direct URL to save time.

Hope this helps

Oh cool...thanks a lot! I'll try it right away :mrgreen:

Yesss...order placed. Can't wait :thumbsup:

Excellent, hope you enjoy it!

Mexico - it's in the long term plan. Look out for it in a few years' time.

how about here in Egypt ? its really imposibole to get the mag here , a friend mails me his issues from KSA !!!!!!!!!!

Denmark! It doesn't even have to be in danish! I'd love to be able to get a monthly issue of TG Mag 8)

Mizofatso - depends whether you want it in English or Arabic.

If you want it in English, your best option is to take out a subscription.

If you want it in Arabic, we do have a local version published in Arabic across the whole of the Middle East. Let me know via PM and I'll find out where it's stocked in Egypt.

evans - Might be a bit difficult as the market is very small and quite crowded. We are looking at ways in which we can increase the number of UK copies available in Denmark, so keep an eye out at your local retailer.

has anyone mentioned Canada yet???

i would love to see it here... and i am positive it will do well...
got lots of motorheads up here...

Canada gets a mention further up. Hope you're enjoying the show on BBC Canada!

TGUKGLM said:
evans - Might be a bit difficult as the market is very small and quite crowded. We are looking at ways in which we can increase the number of UK copies available in Denmark, so keep an eye out at your local retailer.
Thanks for that mate :)

TGUKGLM said:
Don't get me wrong, AMS is a very good magazine. It's just that it's at the more practical end of things, whereas Top Gear is more on the entertaining side.

We are aiming in the long run to get the TV show and the mag in Germany but, as you probably know, it's a very competitive market and launching either would take a large investment.

The UK version is on sale, mostly in airports and large stores, so keep an eye out for it.

Thats a very intresting awnser. I would love to be able to watch top gear via Sat or be able to buy the magazine, if you look at the Autobild mag, its totally boring and always the same. Sure they do enough cars tests but as soon as a German make is in there it always wins, the others get rubbished off. AMS isnt too bad but it isnt too good either.
I know for fact that TG is well known over here and many people would love to beable to watch it or buy the mag, but having to travel to the nearest airport for it, its the easiest thing to do.

I think we will be going back to all the TV companies in Germany to see if there is any interest in the show. Without getting into the details, there's been a change in the way we sell the show overseas so it's getting a new push.

For the magazine, we're looking at doing a digital edition, so that might be a useful interim solution while we try to find a full time partner in Germany.

While you're here, do you know if they've made any headway on the US version of the show? There a was a big fuss when the pilot was filmed, and then no news for the longest time.

I'm afraid we're as much in the dark as you are. I've seen the pilot but I'm not sure whether they're going further with it at this stage.

I should get an update in the next few weeks and, if there's anything we can tell you, I'll be sure to let you know. I hope you guys will understand that there might be things we can't tell the world for commercial reasons.

However, at this stage, as I say, there has been no news because I don't think there is any news...

Ah, I see. I'm sure we'd all appreciate any information you could send our way, but I'm also equally certain there's some privacy comcerns and whatnot.

Of course, you could tell us whether you liked the pilot or not, couldn't you? ;)

Well, I could tell you that ... but that would spoil it for everyone, wouldn't it! :D

I will say that the 'films' they created were very good and definitely in the 'Top Gear' style.