Where would you like to see the magazine?

I am excited to hear this cunning plan to get the US price down. I know for a fact that more people would buy the magazine if it were cheaper. I see people reading it all the time, but they just sit and read, then put it back. I get some odd looks when I pick it up to buy it.

I have here, in my little hands, the first issue of the Italian version of TopGear...
Basically, the reviews and stuff are written both by britsih journalists and italians, borrowed from the yardstick auto magazine here in Italy, Quattroruote.
I kinda like it, the pricing is good (3.50 euros) and the contents are nice: it's a bit less serious than other magazines, but still very competent. I've noticed as well that Italian journalists are kind of trying to turn into a bit more 'british' attitude towards writing about cars. I'm definitely gonna buy the second issue, but being a fan of the show I tend to find the 'written' versions (any of them) a bit under tone... but that's okay, we're just talking about different medias and hence different expectations from the audience.
Nice job then. But still, I won't get used to an Italian-speaking Clarkson, even if the translation is very good...

Polish version of Top Gear Magazine is going to be issued soon!
Hopefully from 2008.

In Italy, we are testing now, launch is planned for 'before Christmas'

IT IS!!!
I Bought it yesterday here in Italy!!!
GREAT!!!
THANK YOU!!!

Just a question: i own the same copy bought in UK (the reventon cover), the Clarkson's page is different... Is he writing an article for italy only??

Best regards
Lazza79

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in replying.

Italy - thanks for all the positive comments, we really appreciate your support. New magazines are constantly evolving over time, we think they've done a great job on issue 1 and look out for issue 2 soon. To answer the specific question, Jeremy didn't write a column specifically for Italy, it's more likely to be an older column from the UK.

Turkey - the deal is done! We're just waiting for a launch date but should be out in the Spring. Would have been earlier but the elections caused a few flutters in the advertising market.

Well I'd just like to say a big thank you to TGUKGLM for whatever work has gone into making the UK/US/AUS issue only $8.95 in Aus!!!! Kudos! I'd never miss an issue at that price!

Makes me wish I hadn't moved to the US.

Man was I surprised to see that my favourite (and originally expensive) motoring mag was cheaper back home then over here in consumer paradise. I'm looking forward to the US price drop, but until then I'll continue to buy it. The attitude, brutal sarcastic honesty and wit makes the mag worth every penny in PC USA! :D

A quick question for US readers / viewers : how much do you look at topgear.com? Would you use it more often if there was US news and features on there too?

Sorry to jump in so late, but I just found this thread.

I visit the site almost every day; I don't view it so much for US news, as for whatever content gets placed there. The news is a lot of fun, but I have to admit the feature articles and blogs are my favorites. Maybe having a frequent/semi-frequent US angle would be cool--as I've found copies of Top Gear in NYC (the price hurts, but I'll absolutely pay to get them) and caught eps of the show, I've come to realize just how different car marketing and production is over here.

But to directly answer your question: having US news and features wouldn't necessarily make me visit the site more, but would certainly be appreciated. :)

Thank you!

Don?t know actually how many people are aware of Top Gear in Spain. But I?d love to have Top Gear magazine here.
The imported magazine is just far too expensive comparing with other car magazines (more than twice the price). Still, I buy it.

Last edited:
Any news on Latinamerica?

My Top Gear fandom started with buying the magazine, back in spring of 1998. (The Lady Vanishes?) I did hope for years to be able to watch the series, and when i caught a glimpse of the series on BBC World I was thrilled :)

Needless to say, to be able to watch the newest episodes is a real treat to me nowadays. I still read the mag, too :)

Hello,everyone.I come from China,and a freshman of this forum.But I like TG very much.
In China,No TG magzine can be read,I wish to read it as soon as possible,because I like it very much.
What is more,so sorry for my poor English.

top gear magazine has finally come to Italy!! It's under the flag of a big publishing house that already owns the best selling automotive magazine in Italy.

They call The Stig "mystery driver".... I wonder if is only an italian particularity or also the other versions of tgmagazine uses different names for our playboy ( referring to the female stig :p )

131107_topgear_n.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone already suggested a German version of the Mag?
I think there are a lot of fans in Germany, Switzerland and Austria who would appreciate that :)

I've seen the Singapore version in most news stands now, with ads for it!

What a brilliant new Top gear Mag! I enjoyed the Clarkson cartoon!

I'm not sure if someone mentioned this before, but what about an online version of the magazine that one can subscribe to? It would be cheaper to produce, I think, thus we pay less for the subscription.