• Cadillac XLR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Z06

• BMW 6 Series

• Merc SLK

• Audi RS4 (I no doesnt really belong but amazing)

• Total voters

NAIDANAC A

Car(s)
300E
This is a comparision between cars ranging around 100K USD. Some idiot in my neighbourhood is thinks he knows everything about cars and says the XLR is one of the best cars you can buy....did I mention hes an idiot.

So poll the car you would pick. Money is no option. And state why in a post.

If this is not an acceptable post than so be it. Lock it up if it must.

(Btw I am a GM fan and I do not like the XLR.)

If I missed your favourite I appologize but these were the cars mentioned in the argument.

I went for the RS4 as I think it is unbeatable in its combination of comfort, style, speed and handling.

The guys says that the XLR has the best style, has an amazing hardtop, great driving, great interior, and amazing luxury... god. He says a porsche is only considered a sports car...He said its all about brand prestige too. I believe most of the people who buy caddy's are old ppl, unless they buy a V, but why buy a XLRV when you could get a porsche?

Ughh you should have added the V8 Vantage as that is what I would pick but given those choices...

I really like the RS4 but if I am looking for a hot coupe well it is a four door so no.

6 series is ugly, heavy and just not my style...

SLK heavy, expensive, no manual offered but good looking still not what I want. Do like the hard top though.

XLR I actually like the look of all the new caddies except for the Escalade and the hard top is neat but just not my style...

So...

That leaves the Z06 and the 911... I think I would have to go with the 911 Carrera S or 4S just from a daily drivablity standpoint. I mean you can put snow tires on the 911 4S and be ok in the winter as long as the snow is not too deep. You have back seats even if they are very tiny to throw extra stuff or extra people.

The only thing that gives me pause is the option list for the porsche. Although I like choices Porsche just offers too many and makes it too complicated. They make it too expensive as well but considering money as no object I won't count that.

What a funny set of choices. The Merc SLK against an XLR? A Z06 vs. an RS4? They're all different cars in different price ranges with different levels of performance. The XLR is a luxury touring car, so it's always funny to see people compare it to the hardcore Z06 even though they're both on the same chassis. And I wouldn't get too worked up about that kid anyway; people who usually scream "ZOMG CAR A IS T3H BEST3ST" aren't worth talking to anyway.

I've got a soft spot for the Z06, so I had to choose it for this one. My next choice would be the 911 without a doubt though.

I like the look of the XLR, and I think its a fairly good car, but its no 911/Z06.

NAIDANAC A said:
Ya i realized that I could have added the Jaguar XK...but is the Aston about 100k USD?

The Cadillac starts at nearly $80,000. So the Aston Martin is not that much higher and I would pick it over any of the others on the list.

RS4, perfect balance of comfort and sporting credentials.... and it's got 2 more doors than the others so i can bring along more friends.

Z06 for first choice, followed just a hair behind with the Porche. The others...bore me, especially the Cadillac and Mercedes.

I know that the poll has very different cars. But these are the ones mentioned in the argument...the dumb S*** said that the atom does 0-60 in 3.9 secs.... this was all while I was talking to a kid whose dad owns a F430.

The rich guy said that they raced an 04 Esprit/slightly modded and beat him by a good distance in the quater...I would love a car that could compete with that.

I reallly want a vette. But the Porsche and Audi are just so much more practical. And if I own an expensive car when I am older I am going to drive it everyday.

Well since you've given me the option, it'll have to be the Audi RS4 :D

<-----Voted for ZO6; I love the RS4, but the 'vette just has that little something extra...
First person to say, "Oh, you mean leaf-springs!?!", gets a punch to the neck! :p

teletubby-warrior said:
<-----Voted for ZO6; I love the RS4, but the 'vette just has that little something extra...
First person to say, "Oh, you mean leaf-springs!?!", gets a punch to the neck! :p

I second that....good thing youngwarrior is gone.

NAIDANAC A said:
I reallly want a vette. But the Porsche and Audi are just so much more practical. And if I own an expensive car when I am older I am going to drive it everyday.

Who cares about practicality! :lol: Just buy a used Chevy Aveo and tthat would be the beater car.

The only real problem with the XLR is that it is too expensive. Lower the price a few thousand dollars and they would have a winner. The XLR-V kicks ass but I voted for the Z06. American V8 power baby!!!! :twisted: