Which card should I get?

Cellos88GT

Car(s)
2 Fox Mustangs and a '00 VFR
The GTX460 is an old series chip, you'd be better of going with a GTX560 if you want to go with NVIDIA.
What are you going to use it for?

The GTX460 is an old series chip, you'd be better of going with a GTX560 if you want to go with NVIDIA.
What are you going to use it for?

I see they offer a 560-Ti with the same cooling config but its a 192-bit is that a big deal at all? Light gaming (SC, EVE, various racing games, photoshop)

RaptorJesus said:
Save for a 6950 2GB, it'll be worth it. That's THE bargain card to get, will run anything and can be found on sale after MIR around 225ish.

Which one?

GTX 560Ti hands down. Best card for the price in years! Oc'ed it's about the same as a GTX 570 and sill damn quiet! :)
I wold take that over a 6970 or 6950 any day :)

People who says the 6950 is THE bargain card lies :p

Last edited:
GTX 560Ti hands down. Best card for the price in years! Oc'ed it's about the same as a GTX 570 and sill damn quiet! :)
I wold take that over a 6970 or 6950 any day :)

People who says the 6950 is THE bargain card lies :p

Depends on your resolution, at 2560x1600 forget about it the 6950 2GB will spank a 560Ti, at 1920x1080 and below then it's basically neck and neck and I'd go for a 560 Ti personally. The 900 Mhz OC seems like a good deal, getting stock 570 levels of performance. I wish nvidia just offered 2GB cards, I feel like my 570s are chocked by 1280MB RAM and their shitty vrm's, so it's like Nvidia neutered the true power of the GF110, and since no Gainward cards are available over here I can't get vendor cards that addressed the issue.

MX5

Oh, card, sorry.

So why a 560 Ti? Cause I'm really leaning towards the 6950...

^^ 'cause (I think) Small Guy is a nVidia bloke. I have a 6970 in my PC and am well pleased with it. If you look at the comparisons (6950 vs 560) there is nothing in it.

Overclocking ability, whats your screen resolution?

I'm hooked up to a vizio 1080P tv at the moment but, I'm going to get a monitor along with the card...

I'm hooked up to a vizio 1080P tv at the moment but, I'm going to get a monitor along with the card...

If you get a 2560x1600 monitor, get a 6950 2GB you will benefit from the extra VRAM. If you get a 1920x1080 screen or lower get a 560 Ti and overclock it to 900 Mhz, it will be within a few FPS of a stock 570 at that res.

The GTX 560Ti is a little cheaper, it's quieter, same performance when oc'ed and has PhysX

I like it....

I think I'm going to 6950, the rebates are enticing and my mobo is CrossFire ready so I figure those two should be enough of a reason.

The Crossfire is kind of a moot point since my PSU can't support two cards haha. However, of the three which should I get?

Link

I'm leaning towards the XFX due to reviews but I don't know...

Skip the Sapphire unless your case can handle hot air venting into it and efficiently move it out. The other two will vent out the back but will run a bit hotter. Out of the XFX and the HIS, depends on how long you plan on keeping the card, the lifetime warranty is nice but it'll cost you about 25 bucks more than the HIS which only has a 2 year warranty. Neither is double lifetime meaning if you sell it the new owner won't also get a lifetime warranty.

I plan on keeping the card for a good while. I have a HAF 922 case FWIW.