Which episode does Jeremy talk about why certain cars are limited in top speed?

Phat_J

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to locate a clip where Jeremy was talking about how cars that can exceed 200mph need to have "200mph brakes, 200mph tires."

I'll paraphrase what I can remember:

"Why do you think this mercedes CL is limited to 155mph? To keep the German Green Party happy? No, because if it were to go 200mph, it would need 200mph brakes, 200mph tires ... and that would cost a fortune."

He was comparing the CL to another car, and I can't remember which. He didn't drive the CL, they just panned the camera across it as he did a voiceover. It was not the episode where he drives the CL65 and does the tug-of-war, nor the one where he and Richard compare it to a Nissan Pixo.

Does anyone know the episode?

Thanks!

Could it also have something to do with the Veyron ? So Series 5 - 7 ? Also, in 6x01 a CLS AMG was reviewed, but reviewing a CL (other than the second hand bargains) ? I've watched Top Gear an endless number of times, but that doesn't ring any bells.

Must have been some of his solo videos.

I think it's in the 9x04 episode where he reviews the Brabus Biturbo Roadster.

Potato quality via BBC:

[video=youtube;_dfff-s2OMc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dfff-s2OMc[/video]

The bit you're talking about starts at 3:24, I think.

It is the Brabus video for sure, for example: he says that some things on the car could not survive the speed, like the fins on the side of the car, which had to be removed otherwise they would be ripped-off from the car because of the wind.

The Nissan Pixo stuff is s17e03

Last edited:
I skimmed through the Brabus video and I don't think that's the video.

I remember the quote OP is talking about and its pretty accurate but unfortunately I don't remember the episode.

Thanks everyone. I'm certain it isnt the Brabus episode, I know that one quite well.
I believe it would be a clip from <2009 as I seem to remember it was before they started broadcasting in HD. I am unsure however, if it was from the show or from one of Jeremy's videos.

Well Jeremy drag races a CL 65 in his Hot Metal DVD if my mermory serves right. However I am pretty sure that it was on top gear.
I 'd also really like to know which Episode (od film) it is from since I've searched it quite a few times in the past and had no luck.

Well Jeremy drag races a CL 65 in his Hot Metal DVD if my mermory serves right. However I am pretty sure that it was on top gear.
I 'd also really like to know which Episode (od film) it is from since I've searched it quite a few times in the past and had no luck.

sounds like one of his rants about the veyron, although i am not sure from which episode... would start watching the veyron vs plane race first

The only other episode where there is a CL65 drive test (on the road) is 04x07, rainy day and ends with a tug-of-war between the CL65 and a team of 8 men.

sounds like one of his rants about the veyron, although i am not sure from which episode... would start watching the veyron vs plane race first

Watched this yesterday, isn't that episode.

I remember exactly what the OP is talking about, but I can't remember which EP it was. It's not from a DVD or anything, it was TG.

I also remember the quote. Wasn't it in the studio when he said this? Instead of a review? Maybe after a test or in the news? I also think it's a quite old episode (between season 4 and 7 maybe?)

Well coincidentally I was watching Supercar Showdown last week, and yes that's the one! Thanks all