Votes: 11 22.9%
  • GT4

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
One fantastic part of all of the (full release) GT games has been their intro video. Playing the first one brings me right back instantly.

GT1

GT2
[video=youtube;Pi2ktOcE-NM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi2ktOcE-NM[/video]

GT3

GT4

Its 2, 4, 1, 3 for me, in that order. I also find that the NA release has a consistently better intro video than the PAL version. They are always slightly different, for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Definately GT2, but I grew up with GT2 so I may by biased, I also like the intro bit for GT3 but aside from that it wasn't as good as the others.

Weird how GT2 looks good even today.

GT1, just love the music in that one

Can't see the GT4 intro due to license problems (f"?$%ing bullshit, the Internet is not meant to be national), so... GT1, GT2, GT3 in that order. Mind you, I've only played the first two games, and found the first one to be better, so I might be biased, too. But the music is spot on.

We should bear in mind that the US/ EURO/and JAP intros had different music in each.

And for me it has to be the GT3 EURO intro with "Feeder - Just a Day". It all started with this song... ^_^

Last edited:
Having watched the US and JP intro's on the web, i personally think some of the music doesn't fit right with the video on them. The EU versions, especially GT3 had it perfect with Feeder, seems the right speed for the video. GT4 had a great song wich just fit right, not saying that Panama by Van Halen is bad, but i feel the EU version was better. GT2 had the same song for the EU and US release, but different mixes. I like them both because i love The Cardigans. The weakest of the bunch for me are the JP intro's, i just don't like Moon Over The Castle.

So my list would go...

GT2 (EU) > GT2 (US) > GT3 (EU) > GT4 (EU) > GT1 > GT4 (US) > GT3 (US) > GT3/4 (JP) (and 2 if it had it MOTC).

That's... that's not.... that's not.... GT4 video.... that's not how it went... that's not how it went at all!

Panama version is much better. With that in mind, 4 > 1 > 3 > 2. I thought I would rank 2 higher for nostalgia, but when I rewatch them all, it just wasn't as good as I remembered. GT1 video just shows how fucking impressive it was to have that game on a Playstation 1 in 1996.

Fun fact, I once ripped the audio from the GT4 intro and made it into a ringtone, starting right where it starts "Panama." Engine sounds and all.

Last edited:
The first 2 GT's are what got me into cars. I played it for hours and hours and never got tired of it, but GT2 was the one that left the most lasting impression.
I'm going to get my old brick-shaped PS1 from under the dust and play those 2 again just for fun!
I hope my PS1 still works after sitting in the basement for so long.

GT3 with Feeder for me, although they're all good. I'm sure the GT5 intro will blow us all into the year after it's released.

We should bear in mind that the US/ EURO/and JAP intros had different music in each.

And for me it has to be the GT3 EURO intro with "Feeder - Just a Day". It all started with this song... ^_^

This is still the best one imho, agreed.

Wheres the option for "Destruction Derby 2"?

[youtube]http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=J-aXgZTEo5A[/youtube]

First one. Had a such a big impact on me at the time, all the unknown cool Japanese cars and all... and overall nice intro. Never really played the 2nd one, no opinion on the intro. 3rd and 4th we're boring games with good intros, but since I got bored with GT with these games they don't really bring any emotion out of me...