Which is the worst Topgear episode?

IVIaster

Not a dude.
Car(s)
2000 Volvo V70
So that life doesnt get boring and healthy critism is always useful. Dont forget this Forum is read by Topgear officials.

What is the worst Topgear episode?

350 vs crossfire vs tt the ferrari bit wasn't too bad tho, they even admitted it

the ferrari bit is one of mine, if not THE favourite segments of all of top gear. The video and music editing, not to mention the car, are superb! But the rest of the ep, yeah... meh...

I love it all, i don't discriminate (apart from a lot of the stars that i don't know or care about in a reasonably priced car, like Jordan, or that chick from BB :puke: )

I've just realised that I'm confusing the 'farming' episode with the 'roadworks' episode. Those two are equally bad in my opinion so I can't decide.

I'm just going to paint the entire season nine with the one brush and say they're all pretty equally awful.

Aww, come on. I rather enjoyed the outlandish challenges in season nine :|

In my opinion the America episode was right up there with the best.

The first of s9 was obviously not gonna be great, as all anyone really wanted to see was the crash.

Imho any episode with Dawe in it for more than five minutes

Aww, come on. I rather enjoyed the outlandish challenges in season nine :|
Let's not get into that here and now. All that was discussed on these boards as the episodes aired. Things got kinda heated in some cases and a few people got yelled at. Then somebody brought out that animated gif of a dead horse being flogged and we all kinda stopped discussing it. :lol:

Let's not rake up old graves. ;) :D

Last edited:
Road work segment: I usually enjopy watching them cock about, but they seemed to be trying too hard to make it funny. Too obviously scripted as well.

All of season nine.

But I suppose that one were they did the roadworks was particularly bad.

I agree. I give them a pass since it was the films they had to use and the car reviews would have been old by that point, but it was hard to watch. (Though I did enjoy the limo episode :rolleyes:)

I've just realised that I'm confusing the 'farming' episode with the 'roadworks' episode. Those two are equally bad in my opinion so I can't decide.

I'm just going to paint the entire season nine with the one brush and say they're all pretty equally awful.

:+1:

Not sure if it's the worst, but [09x04] - 2007.02.18 is the only ep from the last three or four seasons that I did not rewatch at least one time. I was majorly disappointed with the 911 Turbo review. It just felt incomplete and lousy. And the rocket thing? C'mon.

09x04 I think.

The rocket thing was prolly the most scripted ever.

Last edited:
^^^^ Agreed on all counts. I actually didn't mind the Convertibles in Iceland THAT much. All of season nine was pretty rubbish. I actually quite like the Roadworks. I'm going to cop flak for this, but I really didn't like the America episode. Had one or two highlights but overall a yawn. Stretch Limos were also stupid. Rocket also a dud. Lambo vs Evo episode doesn't get many viewings. The Hilux on the building isn't great either.

Although I will say this......There isn't a single episode of Top Gear I couldn't sit down and enjoy. Just some episodes are such brilliant classics that the others become "A bit average".

Series 9 was, without a shadow of doubt, the worst one so far. The America episode saved it for me. So many unforgettable moments on that one.

What I find interesting is that even when TopGear is at its worst, it's still about eight times better than other programmes.