Which mouse is better

fareway

Car(s)
BMW 316i E36
518 all the way, i have one and i love it, im not for wireless mice yet.

I have an MX 700 (optical, wireless, used to be the top model)

and I love it. Wireless is so handy. I also use it for (online) gaming, and I don't think it gives me a disadvantage, but than again, I'm no professional gamer.

The batteries on my mouse have a very good stamina. I have to recharge the mouse once a week or so. (I only use it from monday till friday, so you'll have to do it twice a week probably)

I don't like the high arches of the Logitech mice as I rest my wrist on the table and not the mouse. Hence, I like my MS IntelliMouse Explorer 4. :)

TechZ said:
Wireless is awesome, some have a lag, but best to see what feels good in your hand and if youre into gaming, then check lag too.

I didn't feel the lag at all in the wireless mouse... plus I like wireless mouse as well... in games like LFS where you depend on your mouse alot... the wired ones somtimes feel abit heavy as the wires get stuck to something and it pisses me off...

If you're into gaming, get the MX518. Better choice is Razer Diamondback. (Fastest mouse.)

SkylineGTR34 said:
If you're into gaming, get the MX518. Better choice is Razer Diamondback. (Fastest mouse.)
why would the razorback be better then the mx518? the optical part is exactly the same, so its all about which mouse you prefer (considering ergonomics and color)

I have the Logitech MX700 (same as Jensked). I've had it for a couple of years now and it's great. As with Jensked, this used to be the top of the range when I bought it. It wasn't cheap, but it was worth it. My Mum also has one after trying mine (about 18 months ago, though it hasn't had daily use like mine). Dunno if that helps...

It's wireless, but I have never had noticeable lag problems from the mouse in my games - not that I've noticed anyway. More from crappy internet connection, so I wouldn't notice any advantage of the 518 on that side.

Enough buttons, etc. And I find it comfortable. Whenever I have to use a wired mouse now, I find the wire a real inconvenience.

As for the MX-1000, one of my housemates has it, and so of course I had to try it. It's definately very nice, it's more comfortable to grip than mine and the buttons are better.

The most important thing with regards to mice (and in fact any input device) is to go to a store and try it out for a bit. At the right angle too - the angle your hand will be when you're sat at a computer. Can you reach all the buttons comfortably etc? (though with these Logitech mice, you should be fine on that count)

Personally, I'd go for the MX-1000, as I certainly would not notice it being much slower than the 518. I also don't need the feature of the 518 to increase sensitivity on the fly. But most importantly, I don't think I'd want the added wire on the 518 either!

Oh, and unlike my current mouse (2xrechargable AA), the MX-1000 uses a built in proprietry (sp?) battery - longer life, less weight.

HTH

[Edit]
bigfoot1942 said:
SkylineGTR34 said:
why would the razorback be better then the mx518? the optical part is exactly the same, so its all about which mouse you prefer (considering ergonomics and color)

Actually, it seems the MX518 is not as accurate as it still uses standard optical technology whereas the MX1000 uses laser tech. Supposed to be more accurate. But the MX518 has a very high refresh rate - much higher than most optical mice... But the optical part is not the same on these two... [/Edit]

I don't like the high arches of the Logitech mice as I rest my wrist on the table and not the mouse. Hence, I like my MS IntelliMouse Explorer 4. :)

You could try growing a decent pair of hands :p

Looked it up and it doesn't look very comfortable, and the logitech mice do ;)

Actually, it seems the MX518 is not as accurate as it still uses standard optical technology whereas the MX1000 uses laser tech

That's why i'm still doubting between those 2 ;)
The laser is good on the 1000 but then you only get 800dpi while you get 1600 on the 518

The most important thing with regards to mice (and in fact any input device) is to go to a store and try it out for a bit.

Not gonna happen here, closest thing would be to hold the box :p

Personally, I'd go for the MX-1000, as I certainly would not notice it being much slower than the 518

Well the 518 does have double the dpi as the 1000, which is quite a lot
But then the 1000 with its laser would have more accuracy..... oy, can't they just make a laser with 1600dpi :roll: :p

I also don't need the feature of the 518 to increase sensitivity on the fly

Well if you play a lot of FPS games (which i do) it would be nice ;)

I don't think I'd want the added wire on the 518 either!

I had a cordless before, had it for about a month, but since it was a ball mouse it would always get stuck so i had to buy an optical and i gotone with a wire and i really can't say i miss the cordless bit ;)

Saw it, don't see how that would have much to do with my question though, in that entire thread the 1000 is mentioned once and the 518 isn't mention at all, the only mice being discussed there are the 500, 700 and 510, and how a red 510 gets you laid..... not a good choice that :p

fareway said:

Saw it, don't see how that would have much to do with my question though, in that entire thread the 1000 is mentioned once and the 518 isn't mention at all, the only mice being discussed there are the 500, 700 and 510, and how a red 510 gets you laid..... not a good choice that :p

LOL. the MX510 is basically the MX518, IIRC, without the sensitivity adjustment. And if a red MX510 gets you laid, how's that a bad choice? :p

From what I see here http://www.esportsea.com/index.php?s=forums&d=topic&id=21129 the differences aren't worth it, but it's your money, so it's your choice...

i would say: if its for gaming purposes get the 518...

there's something with refresh rates on your mouse, it runs standard at 125Hz, but i patched it to 500Hz on my computer and i really noticed the mouse being smoother etc... just google for it, if you are willing to spend $75 on a mouse you should really try this. (yes its free :p )

And i dont think the mx1000 can handle that (being wireless etc) but the mx518 does it without a problem...

And if a red MX510 gets you laid, how's that a bad choice? :p

I like my girlfriend so i'd like to keep her...... that and i don't want to die just yet :p

From what I see here http://www.esportsea.com/index.php?s=forums&d=topic&id=21129 the differences aren't worth it

Don't really think that 1600 is too much, and if it would be you could always lower it
Which is also a good reason to pick that over the 510 ;)

but it's your money, so it's your choice...

Yeah, 50? for the 510 or 43? for the 518, thouh choice that :p

i would say: if its for gaming purposes get the 518...

It is for the most part, and i think it is going to be the 518 :D

Well, if it's cheaper, it's a no-brainer...

I thought that being new, and all, it would be a lot more expensive...
Go for it, if you don't mind corded mice. I don't, and I'm happy with my MX510. Which haven't got me laid, btw... :lol: Well, I think it wasn't because of the mouse. :unsure:

I thought that being new, and all, it would be a lot more expensive...

If the 510 is more popular (has to be since everyone keeps going on about that thing) it would be more expensive ;)

Go for it

I did, should be here this week :D

if you don't mind corded mice

I don't, just put something on the cord and it'll never bother you :)

Well, I think it wasn't because of the mouse.

Could very well have been the fact that you think a mouse would get you some :p

fareway said:
Well, I think it wasn't because of the mouse.

Could very well have been the fact that you think a mouse would get you some :p

I don't think it will. :lol: But I prefer the red one to the blue. The silver one is classier, though. Good buy. :thumbup:

As others have stated I find a wired opitcal mouse better for gaming, I have just a generic Dell (logitec I think?) optical mouse at home and bought the MX1000 at work when it first came out (had to wait over a month to get it because of the back order on them :D).

I find the wired optical to be much easier to play fast games with (Call of Duty, etc.)

But for general tasks the MX1000 is fine and its nice not to have a wire to drag around my already cluttered work desk :D (my desk at home is much neater so I don't mind the wire)

just my 2c hope it helps.