Which Top Gear moment caused YOUR worst trouser accident?

I just watched 7x03 on BBC World and that is by far my favorite episode but on BBC World it was much much less appealing...The music was very different and for some scenes it was just quiet...Only then I realised just how important everything has to be for it to be a memorable moment...
At the end of the episode when JC stands near the GT40 with the bridge in the background, that is the moment I love the most in TG, it's just so good I soil my self every time I see it. Last night it was utter crap with some other song in the background, and that one did not fit half as well as the one in the rip.

Gotta give some kudos to the creators cause it's so easy to get it wrong and they seem to get it right most of the times.

The Eurofighter hang time was, indeed epic.

As was the scene with the boys looking over stelvio pass, speechless.

The three supercars hogging the French bridge was also breathtaking.

I also liked the scene where the rock climber base jumped off the cliff in the RS4 "race" piece.

Top gear visuals are second to none, in my opinion.

Coolest moment ever in top gear? The moment the Eurofighter crested the peak of its climb diving back at a simply insane angle of attack. It seems to be hanging mid-air for forever. Brilliant camera shot from what I can only assume is from a tethered balloon or helicopter.
I just wish they had used this angle. The sound when the eurofighter does the second pass... DEAR GOD! :|

[youtube]ne_JQI3sEeg[/youtube]

starts at 48 seconds

Bloody hell! I've never heard anything like that! But nice to see the race in one shot, must be an absolute nightmare to get all of the camera angles right and getting all the important and stunning shots just in this one minute. Just imagine how hard it must be to prepare all that, without really having the possibility to do rehearsals. Or do you think they did the race twice to get additional shots, like they do in these supercar vs. other transport races? Might be too costly I think.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the convertible people carrier episode.
That had me rolling over the floor for about an entire hour. I've seen it many times now and I still crack up at some bits.

Also the Hilux when it's impossible to put the fire out is hilarious

I know it's been said before, but the whole of the American episode. It's the best so far, I'm in love with it, watch it tons of times, and still laught at all the bits:D

Without reading any of the posts here, this is my fav trouser TG moment:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdsusin8nbw[/YOUTUBE]

Apocolypse Clarkson but still...

My favourite is the British Leyland cheap car challenge, I did wet myself when the lads compared the car's noises. Very AA ad. :lol::lol::lol:

Best moments for me are typically when all three are out together do either a test or a challenge together and something unexpected and unscripted happens.

Like the test on the Isle of Man between the Porsche, M6, and V8 Vantage when it started raining hard and the boys attempted to use their umbrellas and they became totally useless and when James went to retrieve his down the slope and fell 2 or 3 times trying to climb back up, I nearly died of laughter.

Most of the cheap car challenges have been especially funny for me with the top 3 being 2 door coupes, porsche challenge, supercar challenge.

The 2 door coupe challenge on the whole was hilarious. James' Jag and all its problems and of course the "demolition" derby that had at the end in a field. That episode made me want to buy a cheap car and thrash it in a field until it died.

:D:lol::lol::D

My favorite moment: s10e4 africa special.
...Clarkson: ?James chose not to wait.? Clarkson to Hammond: ?He may be mechanically confident, but he has just turned right. Which is Zimbabwe. Which is where, I should point out, the BBC is not allowed.? Hammond laughs: Oh, hello! Oh, sorry, sorry. I?m going now. May has discovered his error, turned around, and is now proceeding in the correct direction...

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=_eC_Qs5dmnM[/YOUTUBE]

3:24-3:40

Another moment for me was the two door coupe challange when Clarkson said it's not about the wining it's about the Hammond bashing!:lol:

Last edited:
My favorite moment: s10e4 africa special.
...Clarkson: ?James chose not to wait.? Clarkson to Hammond: ?He may be mechanically confident, but he has just turned right. Which is Zimbabwe. Which is where, I should point out, the BBC is not allowed.? Hammond laughs: Oh, hello! Oh, sorry, sorry. I?m going now. May has discovered his error, turned around, and is now proceeding in the correct direction...

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=_eC_Qs5dmnM[/YOUTUBE]

3:24-3:40

That and the "Where's the engine?" bit where Hammond opens the hood of the yet-to-be-named Oliver, and May and Clarkson as one raise their binoculars to take a look. :rofl::lmao:

Like the test on the Isle of Man between the Porsche, M6, and V8 Vantage when it started raining hard and the boys attempted to use their umbrellas and they became totally useless and when James went to retrieve his down the slope and fell 2 or 3 times trying to climb back up, I nearly died of laughter.
I also love that scene! Also Jeremy seems to have replied to the topic in that clip. "Oh my trousers, they're so wet..."

For some reason I really liked the short clip from a while ago of the Noble vs. Morgan vs. Rover 75. Jeremy reading A Very Hungry Catipillar was hysterical.

the whole caravan episode

when richard's pickup truck pulled up MAN LOVE RULES OK then it cuts to the front of his truck DOGEY

I don't remember which episode but richard drove a three wheeled motorbike but it was covered like a car. it was swedish

james' theme song from engine noises (what's that fart in the middle?)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqw8QRUREqI&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

From 6:35 to 7:00 always makes me laugh.
Clarkson: "How's your engine?"
Hammond: "Ruined"

The cars playing Football.
Richard saying "I may of hit him, a bit."

The team going for a drive to the bridge in France.
Richard again saying "God if the paint was any thicker he would of hit me."
Plus that whole scene where they could not get out of the car park.

James though out the Polar Special. (Funny bugger when he wants to be.)

Clarkson with the line "Stevy Wonder could of done better!" in the Olympics Special on his shooting with the MP5 at the targets.

Last edited:
On the way to Olso,

MAY: I've very much enjoyed our little day together Richard. It's not everyday I get to take someone out for a nice dinner.

I don't remember which episode but richard drove a three wheeled motorbike but it was covered like a car. it was swedish

It was the episode that also featured the GM Highwire, Patrick Stewart as the SIARPC and the Vauxhall Sigum. Can't be bothered to look up the numbers, but you are thinking of the Vandenbrink Carver, and it's Dutch, hence the references to the pot smoking when the designers came up with the idea, but the thing has been in my fantasy garage ever since! The very idea of even driving one let alone owning one makes me all firm in a special boy place.