Which Top Gear moment caused YOUR worst trouser accident?

On the way to Olso,

MAY: I've very much enjoyed our little day together Richard. It's not everyday I get to take someone out for a nice dinner.

I adore that.

And the caravaning trip where Richard and James share a bed.

James: I like it, it's romantic.

The bit after MX5 test where they discuss animals or which wheel drive are they. Can't remember the episode.

07x01, After mentioning teeth whitening (again):
JC What, they've just become white
RH In the same way yours have gone green.

Well not a lol-moment, but I always wanted to say that:

The BMW M5 review gives me shivers everytime I see it. The moment where Clarkson completely turns his point of view.

[YOUTUBE]DGALXsKq9h8[/YOUTUBE]

I've got no clue why, it just gets me every time.

Woah, that is the best moment in Top Gear history

I must say the U.S. road trip episode was the peak of the whole series so far.

It's more like a movie and you can even show it to people who usually aren't interested in car magazines and car testing, because it is actually a road movie.

Great stuff, with great scenery and music. The sky in the USA seems somehow larger and it reminds me of my own trips to Texas in the 1990's, when we also did a lot of driving around in cheap U.S. cars with the radio blaring, feeling somehow cool about it and enjoying the experience.

I still get into that mood when I hear the songs they used to play on air back then and it makes me wanna go on a huge round trip across the USA in an old V8 from Motel to Motel to see all the sights - something I still dream of occasionally :)

Where hammond and clarkson are bickering about which is better, C63, or M3 (starts at 4:25) ''oh like your chrome is going to help''

http://www.youtube.com/v/usQi1peqQOs&hl=en

and all those little moments like hammond and may on the boat to norway and he starts acting romantic in the restaurant. An when the umbrellas fail in IoM

Oh, and all the epic camera shots and scenery. I might even do a Top Gear French adventure just to see the millau viaduct

Great stuff, with great scenery and music. The sky in the USA seems somehow larger and it reminds me of my own trips to Texas in the 1990's, when we also did a lot of driving around in cheap U.S. cars with the radio blaring, feeling somehow cool about it and enjoying the experience.

I moved to florida from a different part of america and got the same impression, "wow, the sky looks huge!", and it took me years to figure out why:

1. There are times when there is litterally not a cloud in the sky, horizon to horizon. Blue looks bigger

2. Most of all though, and this is the one i never noticed: The sky looks bigger because There are no mountains in florida i think the highest level above sea level in the peninsula part of florida is something like 38 feet.

Normally where i'm used to living, somewhere in the distance there is a mountain on the horizon of some sort, and it makes the horizon sort of bumpy and jagged, but florida is just perfectly flat, its like a sea made of land and old people.

I moved to florida from a different part of america and got the same impression, "wow, the sky looks huge!", and it took me years to figure out why:

1. There are times when there is litterally not a cloud in the sky, horizon to horizon. Blue looks bigger

2. Most of all though, and this is the one i never noticed: The sky looks bigger because There are no mountains in florida i think the highest level above sea level in the peninsula part of florida is something like 38 feet.

Normally where i'm used to living, somewhere in the distance there is a mountain on the horizon of some sort, and it makes the horizon sort of bumpy and jagged, but florida is just perfectly flat, its like a sea made of land and old people.

It can't only be the flatness of the country, because I live in the probably flattest area of Europe and the sky doesn't look like that here ;)

I believe it is also the cloud formations, which are different from here. The main difference in climate between the USA and Europe comes from the fact that the mountains are horizontal in Europe and vertical in the USA. It has an effect on the cloud formations. There is literally more room for them in the USA to form in masses, without actually thickening together, which makes it look like there's a bigger sky. I have no idea if that is anyway near of being meteorologically accurate but I don't care *lol*

Great topic! From wetting trousers to cloud formations, cool :)

Anyhow, funniest ever in my opinion: Jeremy saying SKWEEWEEVEEVOLL!!
Really no idea of the episode...

And surprisingly, nobody mentioned the launch of the Reliant Rocket!

when jeremy starts to write koenigsegg on the power lap board, but can't figure out when to stop, and winds up with koeniggseggseggseggseggsabba.

And in the kit car challenge where he tries to do everything with a hammer!

And surprisingly, nobody mentioned the launch of the Reliant Rocket!

That was kind of the point of the post - we've all forgotten classics and it's nice to read this thread every now and then and nod and smile to oneself at the ones that have slipped one's mind. Kudos for the Reliant Rocket - it has to be the most spectacular stunt they have ever pulled off, even 'though it was destined to crash from the start. ;)

And if you don't believe me have a look at the ailerons in one of the pre-launch shots - they are held on with brass door hinges and moving in the breeze so there is no way they could ever have acted as control surfaces for the thing to become a glider. Faulty release bolt my arse - they just wanted to make a bloody great hole in the countryside!!!! :lol:

Hammond:
"It's mid-engine, I reckon i'm gonna give it a bit of the old scandanavian flick!"

:lol:

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=X1Vs9TN2vdU[/YOUTUBE]

Thursday night I re-watched the American episode. And I spent Friday giggling at my desk at work when I thought about this line:

He will have walked into a dealer and said "Hello" (posh British accent) and they will have shot him.

Just found another good one from the White Van Man segment from 8-8. When they have to fill the vans with a bunch of stuff Clarkson says "Richard really did have a size problem, and his van was pretty small as well."

Oh, just remembered another one.
10x06, mobile home racing: Richard introduces the vehicles and all the touring car stars, and then he gets to the last one. "And in the Transit we've got desperate". :lol:

News segments:
Hammond: price, 1.2 million pounds
Clarkson: literally this morning, 30 people called up - i'm not spending a penny more than 1.2mill on my next car
Hammond: aston have got it bang on right because the world right now is full of stockbrokers desperate for something to blow their enormous bonus on.
Clarkson: pretty soon, Aston Martin are going to be selling more keyrings than they are cars.
Hammond: actually, a hundred potential customers have written to them to express their interest.
Clarkson: a hundred?
Hammond: yeah, written in crayon, i suspect

May: how fast does it go? 'cause i was in Rotherham and i could have done with that in cross-country.
Hammond: if you had one of those i'd love to have the remote control for it.
Clarkson: Captain Blur!
Hammond: look at him go! oh James, knowing the scissor factory, you'll hurt yourself.
May: can you kick yourself in the nuts?
Clarkson: we're definitely getting you one of those.

May: i've got the name for it - the bloody awful!(v8 blender)

Richard: ...but we were particularly depressed by a three cylinder diesel version. It really is less fun than drowning.(2004 awards)

Jeremy: It's an eco calculator from Renault. You charge it up by doing this(begins moving the calculator back and forth). I don't know what was wrong with solar power personally.
Richard: Oh I dunno I think people find that this comes more naturally to them.

Possibly the greatest "laugh-out-loud" moment for me was probably the "wet crotch" challenge for the "Non-Porsche Sports Coupe" episode.

Jeremy's voiceover saying "The gearbox, however, was the least of my worries...", then cutting to him in the Starion doing nothing but laughing. I can't help but laugh as well when that bit comes up. :lol:

And:

JC: "That happened... in a Jaguar."
JM: "Yes! So you (Hammond), sir, in your sporty BMW... are probably gonna drown!"

aaurora said:
"He will have walked into a dealer and said "Hello" (posh British accent) and they will have shot him!"

That's a great line. And, in the same vein, one of my favourite exchanges from the Botswana roadtrip:

JC: "He may be, uh... mechanically confident, but he has just turned.... right! Which is..."
RH: *cringing voice* "...Zimbabwe!"
JC: "...Zimbabwe. Which is where, I should point out, the, uh... the BBC is not allowed!"
**James drives back the other (correct) way in his Mercedes**
RH: "Oh, 'ello!"
**Jeremy and Hammond laugh**
JC/RH: "Sorry! I'm going now!"

The moms challenge when James and Jeremy find the old promo photos of Richard. :rofl:

And in Botswana when Jeremy and Richard go to put the cow's head in James's tent and Richard says, "Why has James got my sleeping bag? Hang on... THIS IS MY TENT!"

I still love the Lorry Challenge opening Series 12. Watching them charge around Millbrook like drunk bulls in a china shop just had me in stitches.

The two that jump to mind immediately (after reading through the thread anyways) are:

1 The news segment where they talk about "multitasking" and "pulling off";

2 Richard reviewing the Cadillac Escalade driving by the woman walking down the street- her expression is PRICELESS (not to mention Jeremy's comment after, "Oh, look it's a microscopic little white man standing on the seat!").