• The Cosworth

Votes: 47 52.2%
  • The Bavarian

Votes: 43 47.8%

• Total voters

gueriLLaPunK

Car(s)
AC Schnitzer S/C E46 BMW
If both were in good condition, which one would you own? Personally, I would get the Benz because it's more rare and could be a fun car to drive as a daily.

What about you guys?

That gen 3series BMW has one of the worst reputations here and when they talk about the M3 being a car for cocks ... that started with the E36. Doesn?t matter how fantastic it is to drive, I wouldn?t want one for free if I actually had to drive around in it. I?m not a fan of that Merc either, but the E36s image is so ruined, I?d gladly take the Cosworth.

Is 'none of the above' an option? I can think of at least one car that would be fun at a track day that costs less than either of those.

But it is the similar kind of thing as the one that May drove lets say? Oh and the owner gives the original wheels with the car, should the buyer find them distastful :D

I'd buy it for 10.000, but insurance costs 1.600?/year :lol: A heap for me..oh well, one day..

I have to go for the 190E or else I'd remove myself from the 1980s German Saloon Appreciation group- it's one of my all time favorites as it's more of an everyday, classier driver's car than an M3. That said, I'd rather track a Euro S50B32-powered E36 any day.

Last edited:
I pick the Benz mostly because of how exotic they are here and they are way more sleeper than anything from BMW. You gonna have every idiot ricer/eurotrash try and race you in a BMW.

Honestly, E36 might have an good reputation in other country's, but here they where mostly driven by people from South-Europe, listening to Osmanic Dance music. Especially convertible ones. And 190E Cossworth/Evo1/2.3-16v/2.5-16whatever are just as rare as the E30 M3, maybe not as expensive yet, but that could change faster than ever.

I could fill the list even more if you want:

Sierra Cossworth = rare, rusting away
Vectra 2000/Cavalier GSi(?) = rare, crashed, tuned
Carlton GSi/Omega 3000 = rusting away, exported to the east
Lotus Omega/Carlton = you rather get hit by lightning than ever seeing one
M5 E34 = rare, expensive, dumped
any hot mercedes = dumped, tuned, exported
Lancer Evo's = rare
Impreza STi = fake tuned, rare
Skyline's = rare, expensive, tuned
Holden Commodore = swim to Australia
Audi 100 S4/Audi A6 S6 = rare, tuned, expensive, mostly over 140.000 miles

It just goes on and on and on.

In Poland E36 is the definite and ultimate cocks car. No wonder E92 M3 broke the cock-o-meter. ;p

Cosee. =) That one in the last TG reminded me, how it's the only Merc, which I like. Such a bodyshape, the engine, it's stance. Wonderful.

Bit smaller rear wing, but otherwise...my god, thats my reasonably priced car :O :D WANT!

Yeah, the latest TG episode made me think of which one I would rather have. I haven't seen any Evos for sale in the States for awhile now.