*whistle* My attempt at making a documentary..

Dsemaj

Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon
..and shamelessly acting like Jeremy Clarkson. Basically, it's about my thoughts on the closure of Mitsubishi plant in Adelaide, it was made for my Media class as we were studying documentaries..

Be kind on the shameless Clarkson/Top Gear-ness! :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyxW4S74TbI[/youtube]

*runs and hides*

Red_Bull

Gives you wings?
Car(s)
Holden Commodore SV6 MY14
Good video and some valid points. It really is hard to see how Mitsubishi came to the conclusion that the market wanted another large car (in a market segment already dominated by Ford and Holden), when it was already becoming apparent that spiralling oil prices were sparking a trend towards the mid sized Honda Accords, Subaru Liberty's and Mazda6's. Ford and Holden could get away with the VE and FG as they have large customer bases and most critically, support from the fleets. The 380 couldnt even find ground as a fleet car, so what hope did it have in the personal market?

Not only did they continue down the large car path, but they introduced one of the most woeful and unattractive efforts at that. I mean, FWD in a car weighing that much with those sorts of dimensions? No thanks. Not even the Toyota Aurion has got this right yet. Who would take the 380 when presented with the VE and the BF/FG? Your grandfather maybe, and who would want a car your grandfather drives?

Hidden_Hunter

Needs more IceBone
Car(s)
'13 BMW 125i, '26 Buick Standard Six
Mitsu have never really been that competitive against Holden and Ford in the large car market, the magna somehow managed to have lower resale value than a commodore or falcon. I suspect that we'll see a similar deal with the aurions in 5 years time that their resale will tank as well.

Jay

the fool on the hill
Very good, James! :clap: Many people, when in front of a camera, forget that you need to be dramatic and overly enunciate words. Not doing so makes the person sound and look wooden. You followed the rules!

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Car(s)
2020 Tesla Model 3, 1990 Discovery 1 Bobtail
Excellent work! Very interesting look into a problem I never knew existed. :)

I have to say the Bluebird looks nicer in the video too, and I can't help but like the Australian accent. Moar please!

Also, and I apologise but I have to do this, are you related to Jason?

*Also runs and hides*

SuperStalin

Great documentary, but you need more close up shots of people's faces to emphasize and set the mood for
some points you're trying to drive.

Devon

Car(s)
2008 MY09 Subaru Impreza RX
Really good documentary you've made there James, keep up the good work!

NooDle

Ik ben niet alleen lekker met kaas!
Car(s)
VW eGolf, Hyundai Kona 1.0
great video, good editing too