White Stig Speaks on Dutch TV

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
We need a sound sample comparison of various race car driver suspects.
Yeah, but they have to be talking through a helmet... :lol:

thejaredhuang

He sounds quite cool.

Wasn't it implied that he talks though? In SIARPC, the stars have to get their lessons from him. I don't think they understand hand motions that easily.

maxorido

Car(s)
AP2 S2000
At first I thought it was Tom Chilton, but he really does sound like Damon. Can anyone find footage of Tom, so we can compare voices?

HondaF1

Aussie Bastard
Car(s)
First Aberdeen Bus Network
Damon has a way of talking, and White Stig is pretty much the same stop/start as that.

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
Shit. That does sound like Damon. No, I'm not following everyone else, it seriously does sound like Damon.

dMa

Car(s)
2010 GTI
Sad to say, i think this whole thing kinda kills "the stig" I truly hope its not damon, though i have just watched every clip of him that i could find and the mannerism in speech is very similar. Another thing i noticed was when hill was on the show to do the power lap, the way he sat was identical to when "the stig" did a power lap and left mid announcement.

If you look at the two clips of hill and the stig sitting, you will notice that they have similar stature, sit in an identical pose, have similar measurements in terms of shoulder width and leg length.

However, my skeptical friend pointed out that this was done on tv and we never know, they could have had hill answer the stig questions whereas the real stig was else where...

There is something very JFK about this :think:

HondaF1

Aussie Bastard
Car(s)
First Aberdeen Bus Network
But dont forget that The Stig is a number of different drivers. So we may have found Damon out as one of them, but then there is the others for different cars and conditions.

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
Why was the identity of the Stig even concealed if he's the same person? Aside from entertainment purposes I can't see a reason for it. It wouldn't make the laptimes unfair if we knew it was Damon or someone else.

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde
The identity of the stig is kept concealed so he just remains an anonymous racing driver that sometimes gets carted out to race some cars around the track. If they would just put Damon in the car and tell it was Damon and let him say stuff on air, he would be another presenter, which the production doesn't want.

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia & Fabia
Wow, IT talks!! although, it would have been waaay better if he said nothing!

And now all these suspicions and 'research' if it's Damon Hill?! STOP IT!! You're killing The Stig!! :cry:

I don't wan't to know who he is! It must be kept a secret. And this, the talking, kind of The Stig magic down a bit IMO

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde
well, you could've chosen not to watch the segment if you didn't want to know who he is, just as you could've chosen not to read the topic, because there was bound to be discussion about his identity (AGAIN). The fact that you did both shows that you're just as curious as the rest of us who he actually is :p

roady

Car(s)
peugeot 53 petrol, peugeot diesel, 1973 mgb gt
Having been a fan of damon hill throughout his f1 career right up till he retired , im 99% sure the stig is him , take away the muffle and listen to how he says hes words, just my opinion