White Stig Speaks on Dutch TV

Now now, don't confuse the southern American accent with the way the rest of us speak. I speak like a normal person. :p

Me too, I'm from CA - San Diego originally 8)

There are three things I wish people would do before posting on this thread:

1) Read it,

2) Think, and

3) Make sure they're able to distinguish between one English accent and another.

If it wasn't for all the repetition, misobservation and blind denial, this thread would be two pages long... :cry:

I agree, I read almost all 8 pages of this before posting, and frankly I think that people need to really think about this for a little bit and analyze as some people had.

They have worked hard to conceal stigs identity they wouldnt let him speak on tv and compromise his identity. I think it was hamster messing with her.

And the real stig probably hasnt driven an F1 car because he is an F1 driver or test driver and teams wouldnt want other teams drivers in their car.

I think it was Hammond messing around with her as well, because he sounds just like the stig. Besides Hammond was playing around earlier in the interview in that video, and so either

a) Hammond could really have been the stig for some time during the early part of the show and decided to speak to her.

b) The real stig was switched with hammond behind the scenes and he feigned being the real shtig.

c) He was the stig for sometime and spoke as the stig.

Frankly as others say, I don't care. It makes no difference to me, I didn't even know who the hell Perry Mccarthey was when they revealed earlier stig. They just need someone to take cars around that track and go out once in a while to be an independent ajudicator. It's like a jury in a courtroom. If you uncover who the real stig is, well done, you will have just killed off the current stig, and become the most unpopular person in the world. Lets give a big hand for the imbecile or imbeciles that do so :p

I'd have to agree with Roady. Even his manner of speaking is like Hill.

I had to register just to weigh in on this conversation. My girlfriend and I think it's Hammond in the suit. I know they wouldn't want Stig to talk, so I think they looked around the room and made Hamster do it. It sounds like him, and if you look, the "Stig" and Richard are the same height next to the reporter. I'm sure the real Stig was much taller. All someone has to do is find an episode when he's standing next to one of the other presenters.

Edit:

This is the Wiki pic of Stig sitting and he's as tall as Jeremy if not taller.
TheStigLianaRun.jpg

Sorry for OT :( :blush: since I have no idea who the Stig is, but I would like to ask what show was that where Stig appears inside the studio?

Sorry for OT :( :blush: since I have no idea who the Stig is, but I would like to ask what show was that where Stig appears inside the studio?

:welcome:

Um, you don't know what show The Stigs on??

The show is Top Gear. It's a pokey car motoring show on BBC2 in the UK. That was episode 08x02 which can be downloaded here at Final Gear.

That was what you meant wasnt it??

Last edited:
Thanks for such a fast answer! :)
But I want to correct something. I know Top Gear and The mysterious Stig -tale and all, been waching serie via Internet since 2005, but just couldnt recall what was that particular episode where Stig was inside the studio.
Thanks for help and sorry for total OT!

See, I read it as her didnt know WHAT the show was and WHO the stig was and was interested in WHAT show THAT picture WAS from :D

BTW: what does OT mean??

They have worked hard to conceal stigs identity they wouldnt let him speak on tv and compromise his identity. I think it was hamster messing with her.

And the real stig probably hasnt driven an F1 car because he is an F1 driver or test driver and teams wouldnt want other teams drivers in their car.

I'll bet you any kind of money it is NOT hammond, although it sounds like hammond a bit, he has a kind of edge to his voice, that hammond just doesnt have (and you cant fake that kind of things)

Anyway I might be able to find out who it is by analysing his voice back at school and compare it to other racing drivers. (its fairly simple to find out, just record him saying the tone of an A, E, I, U or O, anaylise it to see out of what kind of frequenties its build up, and compare it to others :))

Actually, I think the Toyota was driven by Olivier Panis, since he gave an interview for Eurosport, sitting on the same car, in the same building :rolleyes:

Edit that, I think you're right. Panis is a lot older then Da Matta and fatter, so that would make sense with Toyota F1 Stig's belly ;)

I do agree, it IS Damon Hill

Firstly because of his accent,
Secondly because of his eybrows, If you watch the top gear episode where JC drives the Veyron, at the beginning, they test drive the marcos TSO GT.... and when the Stig drives it, you can see his eybrows through the visor, and now i'm 95 % sure it's him

Wow man, I just listened to an interview with him on Crash.net, and he sounds just like him. The height also checks out as he's only 5'8, Good call.

Thanks buddy, even if he was the stig for that day, they may have changed him as it could be two or more of the names mentioned here in this thread.

I'm not moving from my guess but seeing as my uncle was an eye-witness, i'd back it up till the true identity is revealed.

Me too, I'm from CA - San Diego originally 8)

I agree, I read almost all 8 pages of this before posting, and frankly I think that people need to really think about this for a little bit and analyze as some people had.

I think it was Hammond messing around with her as well, because he sounds just like the stig. Besides Hammond was playing around earlier in the interview in that video, and so either

a) Hammond could really have been the stig for some time during the early part of the show and decided to speak to her.

b) The real stig was switched with hammond behind the scenes and he feigned being the real shtig.

Frankly as others say, I don't care. It makes no difference to me, I didn't even know who the hell Perry Mccarthey was when they revealed earlier stig. They just need someone to take cars around that track and go out once in a while to be an independent ajudicator. It's like a jury in a courtroom. If you uncover who the real stig is, well done, you will have just killed off the current stig, and become the most unpopular person in the world. Lets give a big hand for the imbecile or imbeciles that do so :p
Agreed on every single word in that post.

btw, did anyone else get a real feeling of "illusion totally ruined" when they watched the video?

"i am the best"

quick jump from ultra cool to.... oh dear..

I'm just amazed that any of you think this is anything more than a lark. There's no way they slipped up and let The Stig (or any of his incarnations) talk to anyone on camera.

I'll bet you people go around telling four-year-olds there's no Santa Claus too.

i totally agree and stand by what i said earlier - there is no way they would have gotten him to talk! also that looks to be an old clip so .... if he had talked he would have been replaced!

I can't believe I registered to ask this, but who is the 'I killed the Stig' bloke? Was he just a random person who works on Top Gear or what?

Alright I guess I could wager in on this:
1) The guy in the "Stig" suite is not the same guy getting into the yellow Lamborghini (he had to be 6'5")loot at the garage door be hind him. I figure like what was mention Hammond did it as a lark. and yes I KNOW he was slouching but the high relation between that woman and the "Stig" was almost exactly the same as Hammond, not to mention the from the first time some one heard the voice the first thought was it was Hammond .
2) White helmet, the reason they use the open top car style of helmet is to give the illusion of him being an F1 driver, also cause he does drive some open top cars, so kinda for covering two bases.
3) They gave Damon Hill one of the I am the Stig T-shirts, so I'm pretty sure Hill isn't the Stig.
4) For a long time I was sure one of the Stigs was James May just for the irony factor, now I'm quite sure he is the one of the Stigs for the fact of the Veyron test run.