White Stig Speaks on Dutch TV

I wish he didn't said anything...would be much cooler.

Its Damon Hill. He can say what he wants :D

He sounds quite cool.

Wasn't it implied that he talks though? In SIARPC, the stars have to get their lessons from him. I don't think they understand hand motions that easily.

At first I thought it was Tom Chilton, but he really does sound like Damon. Can anyone find footage of Tom, so we can compare voices?

Damon has a way of talking, and White Stig is pretty much the same stop/start as that.

What?! I am Dutch and I've never seen that! Anyone know when this was aired?

Shit. That does sound like Damon. No, I'm not following everyone else, it seriously does sound like Damon.

Do you know in the end she says: "I don't know what it is, he does something to me. I'd like to bite him in his neck!" :lol:

Sad to say, i think this whole thing kinda kills "the stig" I truly hope its not damon, though i have just watched every clip of him that i could find and the mannerism in speech is very similar. Another thing i noticed was when hill was on the show to do the power lap, the way he sat was identical to when "the stig" did a power lap and left mid announcement.

If you look at the two clips of hill and the stig sitting, you will notice that they have similar stature, sit in an identical pose, have similar measurements in terms of shoulder width and leg length.

However, my skeptical friend pointed out that this was done on tv and we never know, they could have had hill answer the stig questions whereas the real stig was else where...

There is something very JFK about this :think:

But dont forget that The Stig is a number of different drivers. So we may have found Damon out as one of them, but then there is the others for different cars and conditions.

Why was the identity of the Stig even concealed if he's the same person? Aside from entertainment purposes I can't see a reason for it. It wouldn't make the laptimes unfair if we knew it was Damon or someone else.

The identity of the stig is kept concealed so he just remains an anonymous racing driver that sometimes gets carted out to race some cars around the track. If they would just put Damon in the car and tell it was Damon and let him say stuff on air, he would be another presenter, which the production doesn't want.

Wow, IT talks!! although, it would have been waaay better if he said nothing!

And now all these suspicions and 'research' if it's Damon Hill?! STOP IT!! You're killing The Stig!! :cry:

I don't wan't to know who he is! It must be kept a secret. And this, the talking, kind of The Stig magic down a bit IMO

well, you could've chosen not to watch the segment if you didn't want to know who he is, just as you could've chosen not to read the topic, because there was bound to be discussion about his identity (AGAIN). The fact that you did both shows that you're just as curious as the rest of us who he actually is :p

Having been a fan of damon hill throughout his f1 career right up till he retired , im 99% sure the stig is him , take away the muffle and listen to how he says hes words, just my opinion