White Stig Speaks on Dutch TV

The "Stig" is actually Perry McCarthey!

Perry McCarthey was actually a Formula Racing driver.

Remember when the "Stig" drove off the ship?

He actually did notdie!

If you want to contact me, email me at davrukin@comcast.net.

Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stig

I would just like to pause this discussion and give this gentleman "post of the year"

The different sizes, fonts, exclamation points, along with what was actually written has had my sides hurting for the past 3 minutes. Kudos mate:rofl: :clap: :roflmao:

did you see that the Stig is as short as Hammond ???
and the voice isn't that different too...
i'm not saying anything but, who knows...

I know this is somewhat of a dumb question, but what is the name of that song at the begining of the promo

I know this is somewhat of a dumb question, but what is the name of that song at the begining of the promo

its bittersweet symphony by the verve :)

the thing that gets me is .... why would the stig actually talk?!? i meen he wont do it for UK tv ( i am thinking in particular the behind the sceens special with jimmy carr ) .... i bet it was either hammond ( whoi it does sound earrily like though a different occtave ) or anouther crew member

I had to register just to weigh in on this conversation. My girlfriend and I think it's Hammond in the suit. I know they wouldn't want Stig to talk, so I think they looked around the room and made Hamster do it. It sounds like him, and if you look, the "Stig" and Richard are the same height next to the reporter. I'm sure the real Stig was much taller. All someone has to do is find an episode when he's standing next to one of the other presenters.

Edit:

This is the Wiki pic of Stig sitting and he's as tall as Jeremy if not taller.
TheStigLianaRun.jpg

Last edited:
That definitely sounded like Daemon Hill. Mind you it might be a different person now.

I had to register just to weigh in on this conversation. My girlfriend and I think it's Hammond in the suit. I know they wouldn't want Stig to talk, so I think they looked around the room and made Hamster do it. It sounds like him, and if you look, the "Stig" and Richard are the same height next to the reporter. I'm sure the real Stig was much taller. All someone has to do is find an episode when he's standing next to one of the other presenters.

Edit:

TheStigLianaRun.jpg

Well that one there might be Collins. He's 6'2, and would look almost 6'5 with a helmet on.

Edit:

TheStigLianaRun.jpg

Hi I'm Matt Long time lurker, first time poster. I just felt it should be pointed out that it's hard to use this picture for a size comparison because Jeremy's chairs are probably made to sit at a lower height. This is a pretty common occurrence when you have a TV host that is especially tall. Jeremy's seat looks a tad lower, but I could be wrong. Oh and as stated the helmet would make the Stig appear taller.

I think you may be right. It might be due to the angle but to me it looks like Jezza's seat is lower than the other one.

In that picture, Jeremy's legs look slightly bent because of his height. The Stig's legs look fairly level with the seat...I think.

I also think it's best if The Stig's identity isn't revealed and I agree that it seems weird that Top Gear would let him talk on camera.

PS. I visit the forum occasionally but I had to post in this discussion. :p

It seems to me that the white Stig is usually wearing a helmet intended for open top cars. The low chin and the ridges on the top of the helmet are designed to reduce aerodynamic lift and buffeting when the helmet is exposed to the air steam.

Maybe this indicates the Stig's background.

Well heres my two cents:

One of my friends family does the insurance work for Top Gear. Now ALLEGEDLY there are 2 stigs: one for 400bhp or less, and the other for 400bhp or more. The 400bhp or less is apparently some Irish rally driver, and the other is Damon Hill

Like I say this is from a friend of a friend's brother etc etc so read into it what you will.

Personally I'm sceptical, but there you go

Last edited:
i think the best prank would have been to put may in that suit

THE STIG IS MAY! oh man hell would break loose

I demand source for each questionale claim.
Actually, I think the Toyota was driven by Olivier Panis, since he gave an interview for Eurosport, sitting on the same car, in the same building :rolleyes:

But anyway, why take the Studio Stig for a reference. For all you know it's a production team member. Who says they would pay the Stig to sit in a chair for 3 minutes.

Well, the beauty of all this (I think), we still don't know anything for sure :)

Actually, I think the Toyota was driven by Olivier Panis, since he gave an interview for Eurosport, sitting on the same car, in the same building :rolleyes:

But anyway, why take the Studio Stig for a reference. For all you know it's a production team member. Who says they would pay the Stig to sit in a chair for 3 minutes.

Well, the beauty of all this (I think), we still don't know anything for sure :)

Exactly what I have been saying over the past week with all these Stig threads appearing. We may know who one or two of the hundred Stigs are, so it will always be a mystery as to who the Stig is at that moment you see him.