Who do you want to partner LH at McLaren?

Who do you want to partner LH at McLaren?

• Heikki Kovalainen

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Nico Rosberg

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Adrian Sutil

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Mark Webber

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • David Coulthard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ralf Schumacher

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Michael Schumacher

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Pedro de la Rosa

• Gary Paffett

• Bruno Spengler (DTM)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The thing is though, Webber said earlier this year, if he has success at Red Bull in 2008 he would like to stay loyal to them and finish his career with them. So I'd think he won't want to move to another team out of loyalty to Red Bull.

But then again, when it comes down to the crunch he might not have much choice.

If Flavio wants Alonso in a Renault powered car, Flavio will get it. Besides, DC knows that hes safe cos Webber is controlled by Flavio. But would Ron want Mark in a McLaren then if he has links with Flavio?

I hope Mark, cause his seems like a good bloke to be partnered with and a team man. And his a good as driver that has had no luck, most of this year was up there with Williams and such while his car's pace would be mid to back of the pack. Same story at Jag, and at Minardi.

Put him in a Mclaren if it stays reliable it could see Webber become the next big thing, also i think him and Lewis would get along ok as team mates.

Only issue i think is that Ron might be a bit bias and favor Lewis a bit more, i think that could be the reason for Alonso leaving, depends if that a serious thing, if it's not Mark would be up for job.

I dont think Webber has the ability to match Hamilton, sadly, but he has much experience so he could help Hamilton on matters such as car setup and race craft. Plus he will be a very strong driver who will keep him honest and will score valuable points for the team - assuming McLaren dont suddenly forget how to make a car last the required distance.

Didnt Webber blast Hamilton though at Fuji...

I agree, I can't unfortunately see it happening, but Webber would be a great team mate for Hamilton. He is fast so will push Lewis, he is experienced and largely immune to all the political bullshit that surrounds F1.

No way he could have done that. Hamilton always control the pack and sets of unexpectedly, to prevent that. And although I do agree webber had an amazing race, he didn't have the speed of hamilton.

Yep, Webber would have caught him and passed him. Controlling the pack my arse.

Conversely... We know what caused the Safety Car to come out. And if that incident and the occurence behind the SC hadn't happened, then we could have had a very different World Champion.

No we wouldn't...there's no way of knowing what would have happened, thats just pure speculation. And Alonso's a crap driver.

Webber would want a McLaren drive if he had the chance to be world champion. McLaren's 2nd seat wouldnt provide that for anyone.

PlanetF1 said:
According to the newspaper, McLaren have re-opened 'lines of communication' with Alonso's management less than two months after terminating his contract.

ROFL, dumbest shit ive heard in a while.

Ok, if Alonso goes to McLaren I am not longer supporting them. Hamilton or not.

Maybe they dont have faith in Hamilton leading the team and need Alonso's six tenths!