Who doesn't eat breakfast :P

I don't, in a vain attempt to lose weight.
Not eating breakfast slows your metabolism, makes you gain weight.

I tried having a small breakfast, just getting a pastry or two...
Baked sugar for breakfast, super healthy!

If anything I must tell myself not to keep starving forever. I will eventually become a very prissy cat if not fed :D

The low calorie intake does mean I'm getting smaller and smaller visibly over the months, which is cute?
Eat more, exercise more, malnourish yourself less.

for me, its very rare that i eat breakfast before i go to work. i just don't have the energy to wake up and cook something, much less, eat it. sometimes, i don't eat the whole day til i get out of work. not because i'm trying to lose weight, but i usually don't have the time to go to the ATM and get cash to buy lunch. so i'll wait til i get home to eat.

^ well it's good you're not trying to lose weight because that's a great way to gain it

Why is that?

Because your metabolism slows down when you sleep (or else you would have to wake up in the middle of the night to eat) and doesn't wake up until you eat no matter how long ago you woke up.

Because your metabolism slows down when you sleep (or else you would have to wake up in the middle of the night to eat) and doesn't wake up until you eat no matter how long ago you woke up.

I?d note, tangentially and I?ll come back to this below, that there is no data in humans that skipping a single meal or even a day?s worth of meals does anything to metabolic rate. Human metabolism simply doesn?t operate that quickly and various research into both fasting and intermittent fasting show, if anything, a slight (~5% or so) increase in metabolic rate during the initial period of fasting. The idea that skipping breakfast or a single meal slows metabolic rate or induces a starvation response is simply nonsensical.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/re...uency-and-energy-balance-research-review.html

Feel free to read into it how you will.

Also it's a good idea to have protien for breakfast because it wakes you up faster and you don't get the hunger coming back before lunch like if you eat simple carbs for breakfast.

For about a year, OJ in the morning would make me throw up. No idea what started it, but it went away.

No what you want is a full English

*grrrrrowwl* Could murder one right now.

I only get time for breakfast at weekends. On the other hand, I often nail me a sandwich at 10.

None of this seems to have affected my weight one way or the other <_<

I don't know why American's have this aversion to black pudding the shit is awesome. I can only get it at a local pub-type place, but it's amazingly good.

Thought I`d mention what I have for a typical breakfast...I usually aim for right at 500 calories.

Quaker Oatmeal (assorted varieties; Fruit and Cream or Raisin, Date, and Walnut)
2 Tbsp Ground flax seed in oatmeal
2 hard boiled egg whites
8oz of V8 fusion (various flavors)
1 Fish oil pill (lemon flavored)
1 B-12 sub lingual tablet
4 Metamucil fiber capsules

Edit: forgot the pills...

Last edited:
I always exercise in the mornings on my "on" days (because of my work and class schedule, I don't have weekends off like most people but I have Monday and Wednesday off every week), whether in the form of running 4km (Friday-Sunday) or soccer practice (Tuesday and Thursday). When I'm finished with that, after only having had a glass of water before setting off, I'm pretty hungry and absolutely have to eat, usually some fruit, yogurt, and a glass of juice. On my off days I wake up relatively early still, but don't go exercising in the morning. I'm not usually hungry when I first wake up, the exercise stimulates my metabolism and makes me hungry pretty quickly, on my off days I still eat breakfast but it's usually not until 2-3 hours after having gotten out of bed.

When I worked a 9-5 job back in New Zealand before coming to university in America, I didn't have that routine in place and often didn't eat anything in the mornings (I was never hungry, occasionally my dad would have made something and I'd eat some just because it looked tasty), but would always be regretting it by 10am or so. So I ended up eating crappy "ready-made" food, only to spoil my lunch and throw off my whole eating pattern that day.

Last edited:
I don't know why American's have this aversion to black pudding the shit is awesome.

Because to us, a pudding is a creamy, smooth chocolate/butterscotch/vanilla/banana dessert. The word "black" makes it instantly foreign and odd. Also, the word "blood" is not an appetizing word here.

2257264280_95c98f6293.jpg

Last edited:
I eat oat porridge every morning, and some rye bread and milk to go with it.

I can't understand how some of you can do without eating breakfast. I always feel like I'm starving before my porridge is ready. :p