Who is fed up with the "green" movement?

I'm fed up with the people who complain about the green movement, does it really affect the cars you are currently driving or will drive in the near future, or are you pissed they won't be making the next supercar that you'll probably never own, drive or touch.

Seriously. Chill.

I'm fed up with people who complain about people who complain.

I'm fed up with people who complain about people who complain.

I fucken hate it when people get fed up about people complaining about complainers!

I fucken hate it when people get fed up about people complaining about complainers!

one uppage. Getting fed up with ppl who get fed up with ppl who get fed up with people complaining :p

next one, please :lol:

I'm fed up with the people who complain about the green movement, does it really affect the cars you are currently driving or will drive in the near future, or are you pissed they won't be making the next supercar that you'll probably never own, drive or touch.

Seriously. Chill.

How about the hybrid driving hippies get a huge tax break? A friend of mind with a hybrid Camry got 4K or so in tax returns the year he bought his car. He has NO use for a large sedan like that. He used to be absolutely happy with an Echo. He drives mostly on highways thus pretty much destroying the main reason for a hybrid that uses regenerative braking. If he did not buy into the hype and gotten a normal 4 banger Camry he would have had pretty much the same mileage. If he did an even smarter thing and gotten a Corolla he would have had better mileage.

Add to that emissions standards that are there ONLY because of eco-nuts and do nothing more than make it either too difficult or impossible to tune your own car. I mean really how much pollution could an even highly tuned car produce considering that less than 1% of motoring public would even THINK of tuning their car much less actually do it. So yeah it affects me and my friends.

I like green, by that I mean my food. Has anyone had non-hormone/chemical meat lately? Mmmmmm tasty.
Have you seen how incredibly unhealthy teenagers are lately? I don't mean weight wise either. A lot of people around my age have serious health issues. Our bodies are deteriorating before we even hit 20. My 50 year old mother with a smoking habit is way healthier than I am and I am willing to bet it's this nasty food.

Seriously. Chill.

Yes.

Next.

Add to that emissions standards that are there ONLY because of eco-nuts and do nothing more than make it either too difficult or impossible to tune your own car. I mean really how much pollution could an even highly tuned car produce considering that less than 1% of motoring public would even THINK of tuning their car much less actually do it. So yeah it affects me and my friends.

You'll find there's more to life than tuning cars, it gets old after a while :p You guys just don't like the idea of a dissenting opinion among petrolheads.

Last edited:
I know I won't drive a supercar, and thats not what I'm getting at by being against the movement. Its that more and more automakers are turning into toyota and making cars without soul. I want my hydraulic steering. I want my sharp suspension. I want my semi-rigid chasis.

I had to drive the Prius again today and I remembered the reason why I began to dislike the movement in the first place. When a green car becomes fun to drive (hell, I'll even be happy with one thats just as fun as my TSX), I may begin to change my mind on the entire movement once again.

Fail.jpg

Dear annonymous,

It is spelled "fact", not "fail".

The physiologic production of CO2 by mammals varies with the type of fuel being metabolised. The metabolism of fat produces 30% less CO2 than the metabolism of carbohydrates for the same amount of oxygen used (ie: the same metabolic rate).

An average omnivorous diet contains about 39% of its calories as fat. A lenient ovo-lacto vegetarian diet contains about 32% fat and a vegan diet, 10% fat. Given the average human daily CO2 production is about 900 grams per day* (and it is, as I measure it frequently in my line of work), it can be easily calculated that (all other things being equal) an ovo-lacto diet will produce 10kg more CO2 per year than an omnivorous diet, and a vegan diet will produce 45kg more per year.

It is, yet another, inconvenient truth. :p

* that's 328.5 kg/year (more on a leap year)

I know I won't drive a supercar, and thats not what I'm getting at by being against the movement. Its that more and more automakers are turning into toyota and making cars without soul. I want my hydraulic steering. I want my sharp suspension. I want my semi-rigid chasis.

I had to drive the Prius again today and I remembered the reason why I began to dislike the movement in the first place. When a green car becomes fun to drive (hell, I'll even be happy with one thats just as fun as my TSX), I may begin to change my mind on the entire movement once again.

Correct- we have already seen cars that are fun and "green" though not in today's sense of co2 emissions, I mean mpg, reliability and other such considerations. My Mazda, old Beetles (for some of us), Civics and Golfs come to mind.

I dislike Hybrids. Instead, I like small unassuming cars that actually save the environment more than a Prius.
fiat-panda-diesel.jpg

hyundai-i10-460x2761.jpg

mitsubishi-i-car.jpg

08-sirion-f3q.jpg

I like green, by that I mean my food. Has anyone had non-hormone/chemical meat lately? Mmmmmm tasty.
Have you seen how incredibly unhealthy teenagers are lately? I don't mean weight wise either. A lot of people around my age have serious health issues. Our bodies are deteriorating before we even hit 20. My 50 year old mother with a smoking habit is way healthier than I am and I am willing to bet it's this nasty food.

How right. My mum taught me how to eat right growing up. It's really not too hard. Just don't eat shit like Twinkies. You don't have to survive on carrots. :lol:

Daihatsu: Why is the polo not on there? :mad:

Last edited:
Fail.jpg

Dear annonymous,

It is spelled "fact", not "fail".

The physiologic production of CO2 by mammals varies with the type of fuel being metabolised. The metabolism of fat produces 30% less CO2 than the metabolism of carbohydrates for the same amount of oxygen used (ie: the same metabolic rate).

An average omnivorous diet contains about 39% of its calories as fat. A lenient ovo-lacto vegetarian diet contains about 32% fat and a vegan diet, 10% fat. Given the average human daily CO2 production is about 900 grams per day* (and it is, as I measure it frequently in my line of work), it can be easily calculated that (all other things being equal) an ovo-lacto diet will produce 10kg more CO2 per year than an omnivorous diet, and a vegan diet will produce 45kg more per year.

It is, yet another, inconvenient truth. :p

* that's 328.5 kg/year (more on a leap year)

Yay you got a neg rep for this thread too, D:

Seriously, what the hell. Someone had a cry because I suggested that researchers are going "OMG SKYS FALLING" to get research dollars

You'll find there's more to life than tuning cars, it gets old after a while :p You guys just don't like the idea of a dissenting opinion among petrolheads.

I don't really tune cars don't have the resources for it at the moment, point is more that I can't do what I want with something I own because of a stupid notion that it would kill the environment.
How right. My mum taught me how to eat right growing up. It's really not too hard. Just don't eat shit like Twinkies. You don't have to survive on carrots.

The problem that Kat is talking about is beyond eating twinkies. In the US pretty much all of the meat you would get in the restaurants and supermarkets is treated with growth hormones. This is why our food prices are so low compared to most EU countries, food companies get more meat out of each animal with less effort. The problem with those hormones is that they are not completely destroyed by the cooking and metabolism process and as such is ingested by humans. These hormones have the same exact effect on humans as they do on cows in addition to it they upset our hormonal balance. This is generally a bigger problem for those going through puberty than adults as their hormonal balance is changing and introducing an excess of another hormone upsets an already unstable system.

Last edited:
Can't even be arsed to type something original.

Well at the time, no. But I've already made my feelings known on the subject, see some of my other posts on it like...

My biggest issue with the damn enviro-mentals is that their "cause" is nothing but soup-de-jour, a flavor of the day. The green movement is nothing but a hot issue that plenty of bored, sycophantic, superficial people follow in order to make their lives seem meaningful to themselves. Alot of them, unfortunately, happen to be idiots who if they really cared about the enviroment would realize that buying a brand new Prius will create more pollution and more detriment to the enviroment than if they just stuck with the car that they are driving now, REGARDLESS of how economical it is. But no, in order to be an enviro-mental, you have to show it off, rub it in other peoples faces screaming, "hey look at me, I have nothing in my life to make myself happy so I'm going to screw everyone else, save the enviroment!" And since it sounds like a nice cause, the media promotes it, and converts even more idiots.

:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

I made that one last February but most of it has been reiterated in this thread.

What I am now sick of is the attitude that these ecos now have. They have adopted the feeling that everyone now excepts global warming is happening and that we are the cause. They act as if no one opposes it as if it is just a matter of fact. And, once you start to question them or the "green movement" they throw out the "99% of scientists agree" bullshit stat. Oh yea, what constitutes that stat? It is even more infuriating when someone like my past economics professor preaches that during his lectures and is of the mind whoever yells loudest is right. Or that is at least how he approached debate.

My brother's architecture professor every now and then throws out a good Al Gore reference and will go off on tangents talking about global warming. Keep that shit out of the classroom, it has nothing to do with the subject at hand. It is not as if it is even being presented as an objective debate topic, it is simply preaching.

See? Now I'm mad :p

I dislike Hybrids. Instead, I like small unassuming cars that actually save the environment more than a Prius.
fiat-panda-diesel.jpg

hyundai-i10-460x2761.jpg

mitsubishi-i-car.jpg

08-sirion-f3q.jpg

I agree. The Beetle I'm planning to buy, for example- not too fast to start with, but give it only 90bhp and you've got a 0-60 in 8s little monster, that still gets 35mpg. Plus it's old, which means it doesn't use new parts, and reliable, which means it doesn't need oil and servicing often.

Yet some global-warming-ists don't want me to have it because it doesn't have an ECU and therefore gives out some carbon. (Which, I might add, I found to be LESS carbo than a modern sedan. It just doesn't meet small car regs).