Who on here deals with Nikon gear?

Speaking of Nikon... could anyone recommend an appropriate lens for the D40 (besides the stock 18-55)?

That's possibly the most vague lens recommendation question I've ever heard. :? What kind of lens do you need? Wideangle? Fast prime? Telephoto? Macro? Do you have a budget in mind?

Last edited:
Coz its the dog's nuts!! Its already won awards etc! :mrgreen:
Cant wait to have a play with it!

Don't play with it, you'll start wondering who/what you can sell to get one. Same with the 14-24!

That is, unless you mean you've bought one already, in which case it's too late for you. :D

Bastard! If I didn't have to pay tuition, I'd have one in an instant. :D I really do need a midrange zoom though, moving into some new photographic areas that make having one really handy. Finding a reasonable priced 2.8 zoom in the 28-80mm range that takes 77m filters is apparently impossible.

That was the other beauty of it, as it takes 77mm filters, I already have circ-pol and ND filters of that size that I use on my 12-24 too :)
I've not long finished uni, so that was my treat. Im currently waiting to hear back from a really exciting job, and if I get it im gonna save up for a D3, then a place of my own!

Yeah, that's exactly why I want one with a 77m thread, although the Sigma's 82mm thread could work with a stepdown ring.

I kinda went about things backwards, I bought my house while still in Uni, so that's why I have no money. :lol: Oh, well.

I need to go sponsor hunting again....