Who on the forums is surprised the majority of TG jokes are scripted?

Who on the forums is surprised the majority of TG jokes are scripted?

• Total voters

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
While the majority of experienced viewers seem to understand most of the physical humour and gags on the TG films and studio segments are scripted, I still read posts by random members, especially those who are new to the show that genuinely believe many of the slapstick gags happened by accident and were lucky enough to be caught on the film. What is the percentage of members here that believe that?

I know it just don't want to believe it!

NO. but i don't care even if it's true that they're scripted. it's funny to watch and that's what i need. it's really not important since the whole television is scripted these days.

How about you change the poll to "Did you know that TG is not a car review show, but rather a scripted sitcom?"

I think that more accurately addresses the feelings the majority of people who post with disappointment at the amount of scripted-ness of the show.

I'm more curious to know why people think it wouldnt be scripted?
You simply cant make a show like that and not script most things, it just wouldnt work.

It's television. Everything is scripted.

You can't just give three blokes some cars and see if something happens

Oh you could, but they'd go to the pub. Anyway, there's still people who're surprised wrestling isn't real, so... yeah.

I think there is a script showing the general outline of how things are supposed to go but the results of each "adventure" is left up to fate, chance, and surprise.

Monty Python was all scripted, too.

How about you change the poll to "Did you know that TG is not a car review show, but rather a scripted sitcom?"

Next week: David Schwimmer guest-stars as Richard's new roommate, who teaches the dragster-crash-surviving man-boy a thing or two about true friendship. And will James finally ask out the cute girl at the coffee shop? Not if Jeremy has anything to do with it with his new Mercedes SLS AMG! Crazy hijinks ensue on next week's episode of "Jeremy N' Friends," now at 8/7 Central as part of the Must See TV lineup!

And for those who haven't yet checked Kate Silverton interviewing Jeremy and Andy at the Edinburgh international television festival, well, here's a link for you to do so :cool:

The interview gives quite nice information considering the making of the show...

Where is the "I deserve death and suffering to anyone who is still discussing the scripting of Top Gear instead of enjoying the show for what it is" option?

[Sarcasm]

Wait TG is scripted? :blink:

[/sarcasm]

I think this is about the 50th time this question has been asked. And I guess this will be the 50th time we say: no one cares.

You have to have some structure and organization. Otherwise it would be 1 hour of poorly improvised statements with almost no time for reviews, challenges, and other material.

IW2B_Mousepad_TRXF1004_lg.jpg

I'm aware of it, I try not to notice it when I watch the show. I still think there's some improvisation that goes on. I only really noticed it when I saw Top Gear Live.

Obviously most of the show is scripted like anything else that shows on TV.

I like to believe each episode has one or two random unplanned happenings though.

it certainly seems that way.

people should listen to the commentary track on the Vietnam special dvd.

hmm then again anyone that gets their knickers in a twist over this all the time probably cant handle knowing how TG works. :p