• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Who The Sitg Is? IMHO

Top Gear Girl

Not A Dude
Some say he's Daemon Hill....

But I've been thinking. There probley isn't one Stig, but a few. You see with him always being in a racing suit and crash helmit it could be anyone. I reckon he or she is just anyone dressed up. If they need The Stig for a shoot they just look around the Top Gear Studio and say to one of the crew, you're not doing anything put on The Stig's suit and race Jeremy round the track or whatever. It was like Mr Blooby (another BBC famous suited person from Noel Edmond's show). There was more than one person as him and the Teletubbies. OK you need to have a good driver? But that doesn't mean a racing driver. The Power Laps could be done by stunt men or the drivers that bring the cars to the test track from the car makers themselfs. In fact, the last one is more likely. A car maker like Ferrari might not like the idea of just anyone driving a ?600,000 car round the track, but one of thier own test drivers? Well that would be OK. With the racing suit they can do this. It would explain, if you watch the Power Laps, that sometimes The Stig is good at going round the track and some times quite bad. It's as if all of his laps are driven by different people.

...and some say his eyes blink from side to side, all we know is his called The Stig

0blinks.gif

TGG: It has been discussed and we did come to a conclusion that the latest Stig is a number of drivers especially when he drove that Renault F1 car ;).

Edit: Nice sig. classy ;)...:lol:

I agree with it being multiple drivers, from the Renault F1 car, Aston Touring car, to just plain old cars. But maybe it's one person that really knows what he is doing, if not more than one person.

It has being discussed to death Silverstar. You should have seen the discussion here and with the amount of Stig threads. We came to a conclusion that it couldn't be one person. Who would Renault trust driving their F1 car??

Just wait till the other members tell you, plus you'll know once Renesis locks this thread :lmao:.

Mischief007 said:
It has being discussed to death Silverstar. You should have seen the discussion here and with the amount of Stig threads. We came to a conclusion that it couldn't be one person. Who would Renault trust driving their F1 car??

Just wait till the other members tell you, plus you'll know once Renesis locks this thread :lmao:.

OK, but havn't been on here that long.

Anyone else not really care who the Stig is? I'd rather not know anyway. I like it the way it is.

Tobias said:
Anyone else not really care who the Stig is? I'd rather not know anyway. I like it the way it is.
Yup, I don't care either. :p

Could it be Jonathan Palmer?? He's an ex-F1 driver, and he's done videos with clarkson before... I think Renault would trust him with an F1 car too...

Top Gear Girl said:
Mischief007 said:

OK, but havn't been on here that long.

I know that. Just stating something. Search helps ;).

Ugh. These Stig threads are making my brain a-splode...

stop it!!

ESPNSTI said:
Tobias said:
Yup, I don't care either. :p

Me neither... I trust the guys to have the interest of getting accurate times for all the cars, doesn't matter which country or manufacturer they come from...

And since I'm gonna have my "I AM THE STIG" shirt this week, I will contribute my part to shadow the masters identity...

Buba

I won't mind a shirt syaing " I am the stig...." I might as well chop one into my pic :D

Although I hate the idea that the stig is many people it's quite true he is. But what if they only used a 'fake' stig for that renault thing? It can also be argued that tiff needle actually tested the a formula 1 car on top gear many many years ago.

Gees the amount of people who say its mutliple people after I said it wayyyyyyyyy back in the vanilla stig thread.

Yeah thats right... I'm saying I came up with that hypothesis... yeah... you want some of this... uh huh!

^^ Bow to the almighty Leppy, emperor of the "the are multiple STIGs theory"...

Buba ;-)

Re: Who The Sitg Is? IMHO

Top Gear Girl said:
Some say he's Daemon Hill....

I've just noticed this - who the hell is 'Daemon Hill', I know of a DAMON Hill :p

No, that's Demon Hill...actually that sounds like a boring, supposedly scary, first person PC adventure game.

Tobias is right. Otherwise people say the stig is not good bla is better.

But the stig is one persone look at his body always the same...
The Stig is really good.
Look at the episode with the F430 jeremy was really behind the Testdriver,and he must have driven the car more time than he has done i expected more from him.

The stig is unbeatable at the topgear testtrack. Black stig did it in 1.46 nobody has beaten him not damon hill or webber.. White stig didnt do a lip i think.