• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Who? What? Why? Where? When? Your Questions Answered!!!

Olds442

Active Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2005
Messages
443
Location
NY USA
Since there are about 5 million people visiting this website daily, one of us must have the answer to something that might have been nagging at us for some time.

Post your question and somebody might have the answer!

Open forum! Ask anything!

Like:
Why do asians always walk along the left-hand-side of the sidewalk? (against the flow)

Why do tourists stop in middle of the sidewalk to chat and check their bearings instead of moving over to the side?

Do fruit flies know they only have 24 hours to live?
 
Why is it so damn cold and why do I have to bike to uni freezing my ass of on a rusty bike...? <_<
 
pdanev said:
Why is it so damn cold and why do I have to bike to uni freezing my ass of on a rusty bike...? <_<

x2
 
pdanev said:
Why is it so damn cold and why do I have to bike to uni freezing my ass of on a rusty bike...? <_<

It's cold because the earth is tilted on it's axis away from the sun this time of year.

You have a rusty bike because you leave it out in the rain and do not dry it properly.

(were the questions rhetoric or were you really looking for answers? ;) )
 
pdanev said:
Why is it so damn cold and why do I have to bike to uni freezing my ass of on a rusty bike...? <_<

You choose the wrong uni man ;) You could have gone somewhere else, besides why don't you have holidays or at least a study-week now. Then you could stay inside anyway.
And your bike is rusty so doesn't get stolen too easily.
 
What is the answer to life, universe and everything?
 
MixtriX said:
Why do asians always walk along the left-hand-side of the sidewalk? (against the flow)
cos in asia, ppl drive on the left side of the road
No they don't!

It's just a coincidence, I swear. Maybe we do it to annoy white people, who knows. :twisted:

Why does the green light turn red the instant I approach it? :wall:
 
BlaRo said:
MixtriX said:
Why do asians always walk along the left-hand-side of the sidewalk? (against the flow)
cos in asia, ppl drive on the left side of the road
No they don't!

It's just a coincidence, I swear. Maybe we do it to annoy white people, who knows. :twisted:

Why does the green light turn red the instant I approach it? :wall:
Mayber your city was too cheap to buy yellow lights...
 
Re: Who? What? Why? Where? When? Your Questions Answered!!!

Olds442 said:
Why do asians always walk along the left-hand-side of the sidewalk? (against the flow)

Because it's safer. Since the traffic on the road next to you is coming towards you (unless you live in the Uk, Japan, ... and some few others) , you have a better overview of the traffic situation. And you can see whether the oncoming traffic notices your presence, if you see they come straight at you, you can respond. If the same thing would happend while you are walking with the flow, the chances of being hit will be higher.

(this answer can not be related to Asian people, since I know none. It's just logic.)
 
Re: Who? What? Why? Where? When? Your Questions Answered!!!

ioynerien said:
Olds442 said:
Why do asians always walk along the left-hand-side of the sidewalk? (against the flow)

Because it's safer. Since the traffic on the road next to you is coming towards you (unless you live in the Uk, Japan, ... and some few others) , you have a better overview of the traffic situation. And you can see whether the oncoming traffic notices your presence, if you see they come straight at you, you can respond. If the same thing would happend while you are walking with the flow, the chances of being hit will be higher.

(this answer can not be related to Asian people, since I know none. It's just logic.)

That explains the situation on 2 way streets, but one way streets? Is it then out of habit?
 
The Top Gear guys are always on the american cars for the use of plastic in the interior. What do other car companies use instead inside the less expensive models?
 
^They use plastic too, what they're on about is the feel and quality of the plastic, general craftmanship.
 
Olds442 said:
You have a rusty bike because you leave it out in the rain and do not dry it properly.

No I don't leave it out in the rain, I keep it in the garage. :p


hajj said:
And your bike is rusty so doesn't get stolen too easily.

No again. I've had several rusty bikes stolen, one even had a flat tire and they still stole it... :?
 
tloekke said:
^They use plastic too, what they're on about is the feel and quality of the plastic, general craftmanship.

So they have a better quality plastic..... I thought plastic is plastic.
 
Top