Who will be the first driver to lose his seat in 2009?

Who will be the first driver to lose his seat in 2009?

• Total voters
if anyone loses his seat before Bourdais or Piquet - it'd be a f***ing travesty - those two are a serious case of "UR DOING IT WRONG".

^^Hamilton to Renault :p Lol, were you watching in 2007? :D
I was. That's one of the problems I listed. I don't think Hammy wants to go to a team where the people are more interested in the team politics than the driving itself. And it seriously distracts the drivers. No harm listing hypotheses, though. :D

Who would replace Piquet though? ...I doubt it would be the President of motorsport in Dubai :p

Bruno Senna? He is dying for a drive. It was quite funny watching Honda shunted him and signed up Rubens instead.

Bruno Senna? He is dying for a drive. It was quite funny watching Honda shunted him and signed up Rubens instead.

Apparently Senna turned down Haug's DTM offer because he wanted to be guaranteed a race seat in F1 for 2010 with one of the Mercedes-powered teams. That's pretty strange in my opinion, I mean he's good, but not so good that he should ask for a guaranteed F1 seat...

I think Bourdais won't go too soon. He did outperform Buemi in Malaysia before Noah and the Ark showed up. He also said that the car doesn't currently suit his style, and he thinks that it will improve when STR gets the upgrades that Kate's Dirty Sister has on her.

The Frenchman is hopeful, however, that he will be able to make progress once Toro Rosso gets new updates that sister team Red Bull has been using.

"It will be in two steps for us. In Barcelona we will get what Red Bull has, which is a significant thing because along with a big wing, so it's pretty major," he added.

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74678

He also said that the car doesn't currently suit his style

Great excuse for his incompetence, I suppose last year's car didn't suit his driving style as well.

haha yea, its all because of the dust on his tires guys!

seriously I felt really bad for bourdais for possibly losing his seat last season, as he had pretty rotten luck, but it seems like he just can't handle it, especially losing so badly to buemi! - I guess we will see though, its only been 3 races, but hes not a rookie any longer. Kovi didnt have a good 2 races, but he came back in this last race.

Last edited:
I'm noticing the drivers that no one has voted for. So far no one has voted for:

Massa - If not Ferrari's best driver, than he is at least Ferrari's most visibly committed driver
Kubica - Championship contender last year, could be again with the right car
Heidfeld - While he has never won a race, he is a good points scorer
Trulli - Outperformed his teammate last year and was usually in the points
Glock - Has made some good strategy decisions, and has made it to high positions after starting from the pitlane this year
Vettel - After Monza 2008 & Shanghai 2009, this guy can write his ticket anywhere he wants
Rosberg - Steady driver who has put in some good performances
Sutil - Only guy who has threatened to finally get FI some points
Button - The WDC leader is not going anywhere

Do any of you who have already voted think that one of these 9 are in danger of losing their seats? For me, the most likely is Heidfeld. A driver who has started 153 races has not won a single one doesn't really warrant a seat in a team that in the "normal" order is fighting for both the WDC and CC. But if he continues to haul in the points and help Kubica fight for the WDC, he may stick around.

Crappy teams keep crappy drivers so Sutil is fine.

The one thing I'll add is that Rosberg has been very unlucky this year and should be in the top three or four in the WDC standings.

I'd have to agree the most likely out of all of them to lose a seat will be Heidfeld.

For me, the most likely is Heidfeld. A driver who has started 153 races has not won a single one doesn't really warrant a seat in a team that in the "normal" order is fighting for both the WDC and CC. But if he continues to haul in the points and help Kubica fight for the WDC, he may stick around.

True, but then if you think about it, Webber is pretty much on the same boat. 126 races, no race wins. And let's not mention Heidfeld has much more podium finishes than Webber, and much more career points.

But both drivers are solid point scorers, both are competent racers. I don't think they will get sacked anytime soon. But if one of them has to go, I think Heidfeld will be the first as well.

True, but then if you think about it, Webber is pretty much on the same boat. 126 races, no race wins. And let's not mention Heidfeld has much more podium finishes than Webber, and much more career points.

I agree. I was just focusing on the drivers that haven't gotten a vote yet. But I think this could be Webber's year. Given the pace of the RB5, I think that he could finally get his first win, even though it will probably take Vettel having some kind of problem for it to happen.

I personally think Piquet will be tossed sooner or later...he's what is called a "mobile chicane". If not him, probably Bourdais (why oh why can't Indy Car/ Champ Car drivers make it in F1?).

Sadly, I have to put Heikki on that list as well. My nominee to replace him would be Adrian Sutil because I think in a better car he would be great. Remember, he finished second to Lewis in Formula 3. I like Heikki alot, but he has been very dissapointing since Monza last year.

Also on my list is Kaz Nakajima. Other than Williams returning to Renault power I see nothing bringing them back to their glory days and that is a sad thing, although Nico has been solid.

63 votes.

At least Nelson Piquet's winning something...

Sadly, I have to put Heikki on that list as well. My nominee to replace him would be Adrian Sutil because I think in a better car he would be great. Remember, he finished second to Lewis in Formula 3. I like Heikki alot, but he has been very dissapointing since Monza last year.

I doubt that Sutil will be able to out perform Kovalainen.

Jenson? You must be joking. There's many things that will happen to him with him performance this year - losing his job isn't one of them

Voted jenson in most races he has been invisible ..... what d'ya mean hes leading the championship...... how the hell did that happen...... ?

:blink:

I doubt that Sutil will be able to out perform Kovalainen.

True, but I'd like to see what Sutil could do if he was in a better car. Adrian turned in some quick lap times at Bahrain on Friday practice. But, as much as I like Heikki I do not think he was a smart choice for Mclaren as a second driver. He's a great qualifier but in the races he suffers a bit. You need a second driver who can push the lead driver....OR you can do what Mclaren did in the past and hire two top drivers with huge egos like Prost and Senna (my two favorite drivers of all time)...sure they fought alot but when they piloted the red and white attack in the late 80's no one could touch 'em.

Ahh...memories. Sorry for rambling but talking about Senna or Prost always makes me nostalgic. Greatest rivalry ever...right up there with Mansell vs. Piquet and Schumi vs. Hill.

....OR you can do what Mclaren did in the past and hire two top drivers with huge egos like Prost and Senna (my two favorite drivers of all time)...sure they fought alot but when they piloted the red and white attack in the late 80's no one could touch 'em.

They tried that in 2007. Didn't end well.