Whoa, the Corvette has paddle shifters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
its only on the auto

http://img74.imageshack.**/img74/8819/pv0256131nc.jpg

and it looks like both of em say +

matt_shaw said:
No Boss said:
Inbreds are not gonna be able to understand this.

wow :shock:

I'm Canadian and I even find this a fucking stupid comment.
Not more stupid than having the paddles work this way.

matt_shaw said:
No Boss said:
Inbreds are not gonna be able to understand this.

wow :shock:

I'm Canadian and I even find this a fucking stupid comment.

Yeah i know... but I'm American, and I know some vette drivers. (Notice I didn't say "ALL") and they would never be able to wrap their heads around this. I admit, my comment was a bit general, sorry. :oops:

matt_shaw said:
I thought you were another foreigner making stupid generalizations

Gee... why would you think that, that never happens on Finalgear.com :lol:
;)

/you're only six posts away from me, in the mod races.....for now. 8)

If we judge by the quality of american automatics in general it must not be that good.Morever, why buy a Vette with an automatic :thumbsdown:

andyhui01 said:
for minus you pull the paddle, + you push... just like the SMG

That's totally back to front.. Obviously it should be push forward to shift down, since that's the way the g's are going when you're braking hard and downshifting. There's a reason it's that way in racing sequential boxes. I suppose it's to stop some American suing them because they pushed forward and spilt their coffee on the downshift jerk...

GraemeH said:
andyhui01 said:

That's totally back to front.. Obviously it should be push forward to shift down, since that's the way the g's are going when you're braking hard and downshifting. There's a reason it's that way in racing sequential boxes. I suppose it's to stop some American suing them because they pushed forward and spilt their coffee on the downshift jerk...

actually I would prefer pulling back to shift up and pushing to shift down, hasn't it always been like that from Aracades, the PC Wheels to SMG and Tiptronic gearboxes? I'm sure when you're accelerating in a drag, you would want to pull than push, because I think pulling whilst grabbing the wheel gives you more control?

andyhui01 said:
GraemeH said:
andyhui01 said:

actually I would prefer pulling back to shift up and pushing to shift down, hasn't it always been like that from Aracades, the PC Wheels to SMG and Tiptronic gearboxes? I'm sure when you're accelerating in a drag, you would want to pull than push, because I think pulling whilst grabbing the wheel gives you more control?

Yep - push for downshift, pull for upshift is the way it should be (like GraemeH said)

hang on... I just realized what GraemeH said was right, I also just realized the corvettes one is the other way round as well :lol: , so yea, fbc and GraemeH, I agree with both of you to clear things up

Wow all that pushing and pulling business got mixed up all to hell. At the beginning they had tiptronic automatics where you did push forward to shift up and pull back to shift down, that's how it was on my 2000 323ci, but they quickly changed it and now I'm pretty sure all of them(except for this vette apparently) have you pull back to upshift and push forward to downshift. That's how it was with arcades and such, but my dad doesn't seem to get it and he likes how it was in our old 3.

isnt the auto only a 4speed anyway? why bother, it's worth it to just learn to drive the 6 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.