Jalopnik: Whoops, I accidentally the entire C7's nose.

HatePersonified

From Jalop

One of GM's Tier 1 suppliers, Omega Tool Corp., made a video to show off how well they could mold complicated plastic body panels. Only they chose the still-secret 2014 Chevy Corvette instead of the outgoing C6 Corvette. Oops.

Hmm... it looks familiar for some reason.

The video showed up on CorvetteOnline.com labeled as "How Corvette C6 Bumpers Are Made." Commenters immediately realized that this is no C6 bumper, but rather the unrevealed C7.

You may remember that we revealed the whole C7 Corvette in one of the more controversial pieces of automotive journalism of the last couple of years.

Many critics saw the GT-R/Camaro mashup panels and prayed we got it all wrong. Some still do despite ample evidence to the contrary.

This video, sure to be taken down in no time, shows again how right we were.

We've reached out to GM for comment and confirmation.

EDIT: Looks like GM pulled down the vimeo, here's a picture, Jalop has the video at the link above.

xlarge.jpg

I guess this proves Jalop's C7 sketch was spot on. I rather like it.

xlarge_d2daf6e012dd8fce517f25acb330303b.jpg

Last edited:
By accident.

Exterior... whatever. GM long ago promised to use Audi interiors as the benchmark for the C7 'vette. *That's* what I'm interested in seeing... if they can actually pull it off.

For some reason that badge outline/placeholder reminds me more of the T/A flaming chicken than the Corvette flags.

Looks good though.

This. It looks like they started with a GTR and shaved it enough to make it look Corvette-ish. But then again that is just a render...

I managed to watch the video before it was taken down, and the actual part looks exactly like that CAD model. I think Autoblog managed to screenshot it.

EDIT: Was actually Jalopnik. Heres the shot
Rk9J6.jpg

They also have the whole video rehosted here: http://jalopnik.com/5924505/this-is-the-2014-corvettes-entire-nose

Last edited:
Looks like these are pretty accurate:

2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7-artists-rendering-photo-449425-s-520x318.jpg

052112_5b.jpg

Looks good. Not exactly revolutionary, but that isn't Corvette nature.

MOAR!
Needs a great than 1:1 exhaust to cylinder ratio.

Looks like these are pretty accurate:

2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7-artists-rendering-photo-449425-s-520x318.jpg

052112_5b.jpg
I'm just not buying it.. especially that back end. Renders are always lazily done based on currently existing cars. It's like going to a fortune teller and having them tell you generalities.

C'mon, GM, let's see the final product!!

Last edited:
Please give me more.