Whose ready to vomit!

Kebab gud said:
mautzel said:
1. I'm not particular keen on the Merc CLS's looks in general - saw one on the motorway yesterday, and especially at distance from the back it seems like somebody lowered the roof along with the good looks of the car somehow, also the side windows are too tiny in proprtion to the car. Question of taste anyway, I have to admit.

io saw a black one the other day .. and the first thing that came to mind was this guys head
alien-1-pl.jpg

:lol:

It's not that bad!

mautzel said:
(I probably someday will regret what I'm saying now, but...)

1. I'm not particular keen on the Merc CLS's looks in general - saw one on the motorway yesterday, and especially at distance from the back it seems like somebody lowered the roof along with the good looks of the car somehow, also the side windows are too tiny in proprtion to the car. Question of taste anyway, I have to admit.

If you think it looks bad, try sitting in one - it gets worse. The back seats are terrible if you're over 5'5" - I'm 5'11" and I had to sit with my head tilted forwards or scrunch my neck to put my head back. You get better rear headroom from a Dodge Neon. :thumbsdown:

Without those side scoop or whatever those holes are, it looks quite ok IMO. Looks like a race car, I wouldn't mind seing something similar in DTM or any other touring car championship. :)

And the specs are awesome!

ART Engine
GTR560: Performance Increase to 560HP/790Nm, 0-100km/h in 4,4s
GTR620: Performance Increase to 620PS/890Nm, 0-100km/h in 4,0s

BerserkerCatSplat said:
mautzel said:

If you think it looks bad, try sitting in one - it gets worse. The back seats are terrible if you're over 5'5" - I'm 5'11" and I had to sit with my head tilted forwards or scrunch my neck to put my head back. You get better rear headroom from a Dodge Neon. :thumbsdown:

So it's basically a 2+2 with better access to the back. Assuming that I wouldn't need the boot space various nice alternatives pop into my mind suddenly :)

Yeah, more or less. For that kind of price, I'd much rather have a Jaguar XK and not even bother pretending the back seats are useable. 8)

mautzel said:
BerserkerCatSplat said:
mautzel said:

So it's basically a 2+2 with better access to the back. Assuming that I wouldn't need the boot space various nice alternatives pop into my mind suddenly :)
We are currently in the process of speccing-up a CLS350 for ouselves and we find the rear headroom to be fine. Even Jeremy Clarkson found headroom to be fine review of the AMG and he's a giant. Our main concern is rear legroom. In general, its a bit tight but all that needs to be done in our case is have the driver move the front seat forward and problem solved! For us, we hardly ever have more than 2-people in the car and we already have the E-Class if we need the space and versitility of the folding rear seats which the CLS doesn't have.

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
mautzel said:
BerserkerCatSplat said:
mautzel said:

We are currently in the process of speccing-up a CLS350 for ouselves and we find the rear headroom to be fine. Even Jeremy Clarkson found headroom to be fine review of the AMG and he's a giant.

"You'd be fine back here for a short trip to the Golf club" leaves some room for interpretation, though there are certainly cars around in which you'd be cramped much more - as you said, for a regular transport of more than two persons the E-Class probably is the better alternative.

I agree that the CLS looks kinda awkward on pics. but after having seen it driving around several times, I think it looks absolutely stunning IRL. Especialy in black. The interior on the ART is ok but the rest is awful

I'm not a big fan of the rear spoiler, but the rest of the car looks very aggressive (but it's too big) and the color scheme just looks gorgeous. Other than the body, are there other modifications done to the car?