Why do people Hate Jeremy Clarkson?

n00bular

I am curious to know...why is there such hatred toward him? Imho...he is my all time favourite presenter...love watching his dvds...I enjoy watching his presentation. But why do people hate him? He is just try to be funny. None of the things should be taken personally and should be, taken lighly. ;)

Seriously... :-|

I didn't know he was hated by the masses, but if he is, its obviously because we live in a world where political correctness is the height of fashion, and since the majority of the worlds population are sheep that think and believe whatever the "media" wants them to believe...

Last edited:
Because he is un-PC and speaks his mind, and people don't like being offended.

He's a prick. Some people like pricks. Others don't.

Because he is an asshole who thinks he's the only one in the world who is right about anything everything.

Because they're FAGGOTS!

Who could hate the big oaf?

I agree with the comments above and I am sure they apply to many however I think in some cases it is purely jealousy. Clarkson gets away with saying and doing stuff that most of us can only dream of and which would result in a sacking, a punch in the mouth or both for any mere mortal.

Then there are those who are only happy when they have something else about which to complain, usually readers of the Daily Fail, because it makes them feel safe when they have a legitimate target for their bile and enables their petty prejudices.

Also he is to an extent a mirror for their worst traits and failings - according to someone a lot cleverer than I whose name escapes me, we all see the worst of ourselves in other people.

Or all of this could be complete drivel and it may simply be because he's an arse.

Last edited:
Two more reasons: he earns more money than the people who hate him and has a more fulfilling job.

There is a truly horrible trait in the British: hate anyone who is having more fun than you.

You earn more than me - I hate you.
You have a better, more fulfilling job than me - I hate you.
Your car is more expensive than mine - I hate you.
I'm a loser - it's your fault, somehow.
You're happier than I am - die.
Your girlfriend's buttocks are perfect - I hate you (and her)
My girlfriend looks like a hippo vomited on her - I hate her. Poor hippo.

And so on...

Last edited:
He's not a Mac either. Probably a linux....:p

Oooh no! He's definitely not linux!! James May is linux ... he'd be into an operating system you have to build yourself from bits of kernel you find around the interweb.

Because he has the integrity to ignore what's 'fashionable' in favour of what he feels to be 'right'. He's traditionalist, and at the moment it's very fashionable to consider traditionalism backwards-looking and un-PC. Even some of the causes he supports, such as Help for Heroes, upset the noisy far left. In a country where diversity is celebrated, the successful, middle-class, white male represents everything certain social groups feel they are 'fighting against' (which, ironically, means that in the media, this group is now broadly under-represented, but also explains why so many 'meeja' types hate Top Gear). He is inextricably linked with cars and motoring, and and because of concerns about the environmental effects of driving, he's become a bit of a target for environmentalists (see the pie incident). He represents everything certain groups would like to see disappear, and I suspect they feel threatened by his continued popularity.

But most dangerous of all, Jeremy Clarkson is a man with an opinion and he isn't afraid to open his mouth and voice it, even if it goes against the grain and causes upset in certain quarters. What's more, he understands the people who don't like his point of view and is very good at winding them up with a well-aimed comment. He's developed a media persona (something that Ofcom, at least, understands) that takes these things and uses them to outrage and provoke those who disagree with him.

And personally, I say thank god for that.

Although it is possible, of course, that he is an arse, and I just haven't noticed.

Mr Clarkson is very popular here.. And sweden is THE most PC nation there is..

Everyone I know loves Jeremy Clarkson. Exect this one guy at work who loathes him, but he's a twat.

Jeremy Clarkson is the typical likeable complete arse.

I agree with all of the comments above. It appears that 'hysterical women who run hyterical organisations, the sort who take their own lunch to work', teamed with people who wear suspiciously 'flat shoes' and MP's of Ipswich, have developed a pure hatred for Mr. Clarkson.

It's good that he has an opinion, who can imagine Clarkson as impartial?:rolleyes:

That just wouldn't be him....

Why? Because to quote James May he is "an insufferable oaf"
or Richard "Have you met Jeremy Clarkson? Big chap, curly hair, idiot"

I reckon it works both ways.

What is Jezza's problem with beards? In my book, it can only be beard envy. I'll bet he tried to grow a well-cultivated facial forest when he was 17 and failed miserably - then tried again when he was in his mid-20s, still failed, and will still fail to this day, being able to grow more than bum fluff. Bang goes the theory about buying an MPV and filling it with kids to prove that his works fine - so does mine, and I can show it by the humongous amount of insulation keeping my face warm in the winter, which also saves on heating bills.

I've got an alternative theory on his hatred of diesels as well. "How many women like a man who's careful with his money?" he asks, implying that diesel drivers are mean. I admit it; I have been careful with my cash to the point of miserly in the past, but it means I have more to spend now when nobody else has. Besides, if you buy a petrol car, you end up spending that money on petrol. So, when you turn up for your red hot date, and she asks "Why are we going to a Bernie Inn?" you have to reply: "Sorry, darling, but I spent all my cash on petrol. See, if I'd bought the diesel I'd have more cash to spare and we could have gone to the Savoy instead..."

There remains only one time I've been genuinely annoyed with Jezza, and that was him ripping on the Civic Type R. Because, though it isn't perfect due to its lack of power increase over the previous model, he could have ended the review with "...but just look at it!" Which, let's face it, with the spaceship-styling of the latest model, you would. And with the previous bread-bin-on-wheels version, you wouldn't, believing instead that Grandad had come to visit. But he didn't end the review that way... because the car is not an Alfa Romeo. And with an Alfa, any amount of hideous faults can be justified by "...but just look at it!"

Despite this, I still watch TG and I still look forward to Jezza's reviews and his latest wind-up of the PC Armageddon Death Squad more than anything else on any TV channel in any country.

Because he's opinionated and successful. Anyone having those two qualities is going to the hated by some part of the public.