why does C. Powell leave the govt?

Just like I said, you say that schools and homes are not bombed by Bush (accidentaly or not) And they are...if thats what your media are saying they're not telling the truth [so I'll say it, women and children are killed by Bush] or if that is what you want to believe..

Jostyrostelli said:
Just like I said, you say that schools and homes are not bombed by Bush (accidentaly or not) And they are...if thats what your media are saying they're not telling the truth
I have to agree that houses and schools have been hit by bombs (it has been on US TV in case you are wondering).
Not on purpose of course (with the exception of homes targeted for good reasons like: Sadam was believed to be inside).
Jostyrostelli said:
[so I'll say it, women and children are killed by Bush] or if that is what you want to believe..
Women and children died? Shocking!
You mean to tell me that war isn't perfect? :roll:

I was replying on this line:
We "destroyed" military targets and saddams palaces not schools or homes you fool.

thats just ignorant if he meant that as a serious comment :|

Jostyrostelli said:
I was replying on this line:
We "destroyed" military targets and saddams palaces not schools or homes you fool.

thats just ignorant if he meant that as a serious comment :|
I'm agreeing with you there dude.

thats just ignorant if he meant that as a serious comment

yes we know about the innocent casualties but it is a war. there WILL ALWAYS be casualties and on a whole there werent that many civilian targets hit as you want to suggest.

bring me proof.

This whole "America is going to save the world from evil dicators" is so
intensely manipulative. There are far worse scenarios all over Africa, but
they don't see much, if any, U.S support. BECAUSE THE FINANCIAL BACKGROUND
DOESN'T EXIST FOR THE U.S IN THESE COUNTRIES!

The Iraq and Afghan war sadly isn't about freedom and justice. The lies
keep changing and changing. First it's to hunt down 9/11 terrorists (Al Quada),
Then it's evil regimes (Taliban), then it's a ruthless dicator (Saddam), and
whoops suddenly it's about weapons of mass destruction.

This whole "America is going to save the world from evil dicators" is so
intensely manipulative. There are far worse scenarios all over Africa, but
they don't see much, if any, U.S support. BECAUSE THE FINANCIAL BACKGROUND
DOESN'T EXIST FOR THE U.S IN THESE COUNTRIES!

you really must be stupid. the reason why we dont "save the world" is because we dont want to. we are getting rid of these tyrants because they support terrorism. thats why those african dictators and Castro are still where they are. we dont want to go saving the rest of the world but we do make things better, afghanistan is an example and when there will be peacefully elections in Iraq without a terrorist attack then Iraq will be another example.

in what way have we benefited from Afghanistan??

go look at the links i posted and stop posting stupid things. your ignorance is annoying.

hanasand said:
"America is going to save the world from evil dicators"
Who said this was the case?

hanasand said:
The Iraq and Afghan war sadly isn't about freedom and justice. The lies keep changing and changing. First it's to hunt down 9/11 terrorists (Al Quada),
Then it's evil regimes (Taliban), then it's a ruthless dicator (Saddam), and
whoops suddenly it's about weapons of mass destruction.
What was wrong with the Afghan war?

BTW, the US administration clearly stated shortly after 9/11 that it would go after terrorists AND states that sponsored / harbored them.
So what you see as a progression of targets (Al Quada -> Taliban -> Saddam) isn't the administration changing its mind (or "lies" as you call it).

Saddam is a terrorist supporter and as such falls in line with the war against terrorism.
Certainly the fact that there were no WMD was a big mistake (by the intelligence community at large, not just the US), however bringing down a terrorists supporting state is still a good thing and part of the war on terrorism.

in what way have we benefited from Afghanistan??

Your president has benefited with people being scared, and this minor operation
(compared to Iraq) has portrayed him as a man of judgement and someone
the American people can turn to for security.

Fear is the worlds most effective propaganda function. Hitler even used it. To gain
popularity Hitler made his own men set fire to the famous "Reichstag" building and
so claim it was his opponents who did this. The people were scared and turned to
Hitler for safety. A well know technique to gain the peoples trust.

your ignorance is annoying.

I tried to lay down the axe in the last topic. But this is just fuel on fire. Your
ignorance has gone beyond annoyance and turned into being hysterically funny.
But before I go further with this shit-tossing i'll let you respond to my last
post in the other topic, because I am tired of this getting nowhere except
us hating eachother. I like a Mercedes too... 8)

Certainly the fact that there were no WMD was a big mistake

This doesn't really bother me to be honest, even though you might think it would
be one of my strongest points. Offcourse it proves their bad intelligence and/or
lying to the people. But whatever the said reason it would proabably not be true
before mentioning financial issues would get into it. (Oil, Halli, Saudi's)

however bringing down a terrorists supporting state is still a good thing and part of the war on terrorism.

When exactly did Iraq host a terrorist attack? Yes I know about the gas attack
Saddam ordered, horrible. But how about the jewish mass-murdering in the
Gaza-strip. There was no punishment, only slight media critisism from parts of
Europe...

hanasand said:
But whatever the said reason it would proabably not be true before mentioning financial issues would get into it. (Oil, Halli, Saudi's)
I just don't buy that.
If financial issues were the motive, then the correct course of action would be NOT to go to war (war is costly you know).
Also supporting Saddam for stability in the region and lifting sanctions would have been helpful if financial gain was the motive.
BTW, Iraq is not THAT big a part of the US oil needs.

hanasand said:
however bringing down a terrorists supporting state is still a good thing and part of the war on terrorism.

When exactly did Iraq host a terrorist attack? Yes I know about the gas attack
Saddam ordered, horrible. But how about the jewish mass-murdering in the
Gaza-strip. There was no punishment, only slight media critisism from parts of
Europe...
Saddam paid suicide bombers' families money.
There were training camps in Iraq.
Saddam provided a safe-haven for terrorists.
Saddam was keen on getting nuclear and chemical weapons.
Iraq attacked Kuwait.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
All I feel like adding to this debate is:

It's hard work.

and

"internets" :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol:

If financial issues were the motive, then the correct course of action would be NOT to go to war (war is costly you know).
Also supporting Saddam for stability in the region and lifting sanctions would have been helpful if financial gain was the motive.
BTW, Iraq is not THAT big a part of the US oil needs.

Well, you are the nation in the world with the highest usage of oil.

Saddam paid suicide bombers' families money.

Oh really? The suicide bombers in Iraq? Im sorry to say this was not really
ever an issue...? And no he didn't finance the palestinian attacks. Even if he did
the Israeilis use nothing but American weapons... :roll:

There were training camps in Iraq.

Yes there were, do you not have a military perhaps? We have training camps
all over the place here to. And every other european nation, except switzerland...

Saddam provided a safe-haven for terrorists.

He did? Please don't mix the Taliban with Iraq... Or fill me in on this.

Saddam was keen on getting nuclear and chemical weapons.

Quote from a nation who are the only ones to have ever actually used these
weapons in a war.. Therefore the only real threat? Okay, so Im a bit harsh here,
but it's just a little ironic.

Iraq attacked Kuwait.

You attacked Vietnam... Just hang on a second while me and my Norwegian
brothers invade your nation.

(Please don't take me completely serious right now as Im tired and nervous about
getting my license tomorrow. I've gone over to a more sarcastic way of debating
temporarily :wink: )

hanasand said:
(Please don't take me completely serious right now as Im tired and nervous about
getting my license tomorrow. I've gone over to a more sarcastic way of debating
temporarily :wink: )
:lol: I'll leave you alone then for a bit :lol:
Well good luck tomorrow dude! :) :wink:

I don't like picking sides in the Iraq issue becuase it's a touchy one. But for all those who still think Saddam wasn't a bad person, and that Iraq was a nice place to live, and that Saddam didn't want a nuclear weapon, there's a book called Saddam's Bombmaker. It was written by Khidir Hamza, who was forced to become Saddam's top nuclear scientist. It is a must read, and might change some opinions on certain matters.

*Edit: here's an Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0684873869/102-4590432-0216929?v=glance

Believe me, it's worth it.

Oh, and good luck on the driver's test Hanasand :)