why does C. Powell leave the govt?

Now if only there was somewhere in Norway worth driving to

Well, if you are really tough guy you could try to drive up to this spot?

(all are my pics)

129038.jpg

Or to this nice place

145827.jpg

Maybe do some beach grass-dunes in a Hummer?
(this was really really fun)

119784.jpg

I've been driving all fucking day now, I can't get enough!
And it was damn slippery with the road being covered in ice today
so it was extra fun! hah

Wow, that scenery is amazing!

I'd try to one-up you with some pics of local landscapes here, but I'm too lazy. :mrgreen:

BTW: I've done the hummer thing too. We had a "pro" driver take us through some sand dunes for a day. That machine can do some astounding things. :wink:

We have very different roads here compared to the U.S, but I love it. They twist and
turn like hell once you get out of the city, and if you own a 4x4 like me you can be
up to no good and have a hell of a lot of fun! :D

(I wrecked a nice grass lawn today.. whoops. I thought it was part of a mc-trial
track, and so I thought they wouldn't care if I had a go. But I found out it was
somekind of normal lawn, so I got the hell out of there pretty fast :oops: )

I wish we had more curvy roads. Sometimes I have to get 120km/h+ to get a decent lean angle.

On the plus side there are very few police officers around here, so doubling the speed limit on back roads is the norm. :twisted:

agreed! Though you are being sarcastic, I'm being serious!

the way I see it, we are all here cuz we share an interest. As we chat a long, we come over other subjects which seem to interest others as well - so conversations goes off topic. So what???? It's not like if someone is heading OT, one must think "oh no, must stick to original topic" !!!!!!!

haz

ow, i taught the O/T mean "on terrain" :oops: :)

^that first pic, didn't you (haz) post identicaly the same once? i've seen that pic already :?

Who cares, it's pure testosteron, not gayish designfetishism

besides the lack of comfort/room and poor fuel consumption it is the king of SUVs and off-roaders. its tracks can fit in that of a tanks its that wide.

in person its like a big chunk of testosterone with wheels :wink:

Well if anything the old one is better than the new one if your talking about OFF-ROAD capabilities, and I don't know if the new one is good but its not the same as the old one, old one is beast new one is more refined more for the city and 50" wheels and such for the rappers and all that mumbo jumbo, besides who doesn't like the sound of a nuclear powered pepper grinder in the old one :mrgreen:

yeah the new one is more hummer for the soccer mom while the H1 is more for ppl who dont give a shit about fuel economy and who'd like to scale a mountain in an SUV. :wink:

I agree. Personally, if I had to much money, I would choose the H1 instantly.

Actually I e-mailed Hummer about the H3 because I'm sad that they are going
in this direction (The X5 market) instead of building further on their idea with
the H1, the uncompromising offroader. And I got this e-mail in return from
some guy at Hummer / General Motors:

Thank you for contacting HUMMER and for your comments concerning the 2006 HUMMER H3. We appreciate your comments concerning the need to keep the off-road capabilities of HUMMER vehicles. H3 provides a surprisingly smooth, comfortable ride, along with the responsive handling and braking control that customers want for daily driving. Key chassis features that contribute to this combination of smoothness and control, both on- and off-road, include:

? A fully welded ladder-type frame, with a modular, three-piece design that incorporates fully boxed components for outstanding strength and stiffness.

? An independent front SLA torsion bar suspension and "Hotchkiss" design multi-leaf, semi-elliptic, single-stage leaf spring rear suspension. The standard suspension provides excellent on-highway comfort and outstanding off-road capability, while the optional Off-Road Adventure package delivers extreme off-road capability.

? Underbody protection that includes four standard protective shields, including the front skid plate; an oil pan skid plate that also protects the front axle; and a transfer case shield and a fuel tank shield. Additional protection is also available from optional chassis-bolted rocker panel protectors.

? A highly sophisticated standard power rack-and-pinion steering system, with a three-bushing design and a 17:1 ratio that contributes to a very maneuverable 37-foot curb-to-curb turning circle.

? Electro-hydraulic four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes with Dynamic Rear Proportioning, for quick, controlled stops.

? Standard single-wheel, full-function traction control that uses a combination of engine intervention and brake management to allow as many as three wheels on a slippery surface and still provide impressive traction capability. It also interacts with the transfer case to provide additional off-road operating modes.

? Stabilitrak vehicle stability enhancement system, which enhances safety, stability and control on all roads.

H3 is more maneuverable size provides advantages, such as a 37-ft. turning circle and 9.1-inch ground clearance, which contribute to maximum breakover angle of 25 degrees (with 33-inch tires). The maximum approach angle of 40 degrees and maximum departure angle of 37 degrees also aid serious off-road performance. These approach and departure angles permit the H3 to drive right into a hole and back out again, without being hung up in front or rear. Among its off-road capabilities, the H3 can ford 16 inches of water at 20 mph or 24-inch streams at a 5-mph pace, climb 16-inch vertical steps and rocks, make its way through deep sand and race over sandy surfaces.

To obtain more information regarding the H3, please visit http://www.hummer.com or contact your preferred dealership. Currently there are over 150 HUMMER dealerships authorized to sell and service H2 models. To locate an authorized dealer in your immediate area, go to the HUMMER website at http://www.hummer.com/ for locations nearest you. Click on the Dealer Locator link on the top tool bar. A test-drive opportunity in one of our other vehicles will be available if a visit to an authorized HUMMER dealership is warranted. There is definitely nothing like a test-drive to view and experience a vehicle first hand!

We hope that this information answers your question(s). If you need additional information or have further questions, please let us know via email or by calling HUMMER at 1-800-732-5493, between 9:00 AM- 9:00 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. Again, thank you for contacting HUMMER!

Sincerely,

Mezzie Edmondson-Ochoa
HUMMER
Customer Relationship Manager

I would choose the H1 instantly.

its not political but we can agree on one thing atleast :mrgreen: :mrgreen: