• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Why German cars are so good

GTV V6

Car(s)
Audi TT V6, Skoda Octavia vRS NX
Just got back from Germany and I'm starting to understand why German cars are so good...

Got in a Taxi (Merc 200 diesel, Woman driver), straight onto the autobahn, streight up to 180kph (thats 112mph).

There were cars STREAMING past, BMWs, Mercs, I saw 5 Porsches in 2 days of varying types.

Quite a lot of Jaguars too, don't know why.

German cars have to be good, the drivers are headcases, we nearly took out a tram headon in another taxi later on.

I used to live about 15 minutes away from the autobahn.
I didn't own a car :cry: , but my brother did :mrgreen: .
He has a Porsche 928 (actually he has 3 of them now), once he took me on the autobahn and opened 'er up for a little bit (got close to 170mph). :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: Why German cars are so good

imillman said:
the drivers are headcases

What does that mean? (I looked it up but couldn't find it)

Btw, I live only 5 minutes away from the Autobahn! :wink:

cya
Oli

ICH WILL DAS UBER MERCEDES SL65 AMG!!!!!

Hehe, nice! :wink:

But I still don't understand what you're trying to say...
Something like "I want the super-mercedes s l65 amg"?

cya
Oli

Re: Why German cars are so good

CanadianLoonie said:
headcase = uber idiot

Thanks! :)

@imillman:

Hey, I'm not a headcase! :wink:

imillman said:
Got in a Taxi (Merc 200 diesel, Woman driver), straight onto the autobahn, streight up to 180kph (thats 112mph).

There were cars STREAMING past, BMWs, Mercs, I saw 5 Porsches in 2 days of varying types.

But I would have overtaken you too, usual travelling speed (when unrestricted) with my little '96 VW Polo (100hp) ist about 195km/h... :D

cya
Oli

Okay, I just wanna clear something up....WTF is uber? Is it German for super? And yes, the Mercedes would be awesome, but I would much rather have the wail of a Ferrari engine behind me while the wind blows my hair as I scream down the highway in a 360 Spider!! :mrgreen:

Isn't it really ?ber?

oliB wrote:
Hey, I'm not a headcase!
Sorry, no insult intended... :wink:

What I'm trying to say is that cars from a country are designed for the conditions in that country.

• Germany = Cars that can do high speed all day, because they have to.
  • France = Cars which can go down a winding road (or ploughed field), so they handle well and are very comfortable.
  • Japan = At night the cars have to compete with the lights of all the adverts in Tokyo, during the day they have to get their hardworking passengers to work ASAP. Hence Skyline GTO, Impreza STi, etc

America, mmmmmh, any ideas :?:

United States of America = Cars that only have to go fast in a straight line as American highways are long and straight, thus cornering at speed is not necessary. Fuel economy is also not necessary as American military forces will be deployed overseas by the US government to secure foreign oil supplies and bring the price of fuel down to levels deemed reasonable by American standards.

:lol: You're such a hypocrite. You guys let us do all the work and then reap the rewards. :roll:

Viper007Bond said:
:lol: You're such a hypocrite. You guys let us do all the work and then reap the rewards. :roll:

Well, I'm a Canadian and I would much rather not "reap" any rewards while the Americans do none of their so called "work". :p

justin syder said:
ICH WILL DAS UBER MERCEDES SL65 AMG!!!!!

So, I got what you're trying to say, the correct form is:

ICH WILL DEN ?BER-MERCEDES SL65 AMG

Btw, In Germany we have many expressions for "the", not only one.
Those are "der", "die", "das" (depending on which subject you're referring to) and variations of those according to the context their used in. :wink:

cya
Oli

CanadianLoonie said:
United States of America = Cars that only have to go fast in a straight line as American highways are long and straight, thus cornering at speed is not necessary. Fuel economy is also not necessary as American military forces will be deployed overseas by the US government to secure foreign oil supplies and bring the price of fuel down to levels deemed reasonable by American standards.

very funny. i wont go into the politics of it as it is not to be taken seriously. :wink:

thanks oliB, theres a song by Rammstein -"Ich Will" and through that and some german car vids i have i pick up some german. very little actually but i learned some phrases.

Viper007Bond said:

yeah right look at our gas prices.. :roll: and we would've never supported this

CanadianLoonie said:

That is the best laugh I've had in a while......priceless....... :lol:

I'm not sure if you're joking or not though......