Why is the music forum locked?

JScullin

Car(s)
'00 Mercury Cougar, '13 Ford Fusion 2.0l Ecoboost
With the constant barrage of requests why isn't it opened so it's easier to find something?

it's there only to remeber people where to post the request, aka in the specific topic about the episode

IMO, it's easier to find something when you're just looking through one thread (the thread for that episode) than having to look through an entire forum full of probably mislabeled threads.

Viper007Bond said:
IMO, it's easier to find something when you're just looking through one thread (the thread for that episode) than having to look through an entire forum full of probably mislabeled threads.

Ya, that makes a lot of sense.

What if we were to create a sticky thread that has a table that includes all of the information gathered by Justin as well as information on the songs in each segment. It could have a segment column and a song column and as people identify the songs in each segment, the blanks could be filled in.

It would probably end up being a lot of work, but I think it would be extremely cool to have. It's worth a thought anyway.

You came up with the idea, so you can do it. :p (i.e. I don't wanna do it)

I'd be willing to do it. I'll have to talk to Justin about it.

Please open this forum again because there are a lot people discussing the
music tracks that are used in the various Top Gear & Fifth Gear episodes
and now it's quite an odyssey to find posts about them, since they're now
spread everywhere.

zenon i think its a good idea but we'll have to discuss further.

btw, it would be ur job to do this, im still tryin to finish the older 5th gear stuff, but i could help whenever i can.

we'll discuss on msn.

justin syder said:

btw, it would be ur job to do this, im still tryin to finish the older 5th gear stuff, but i could help whenever i can.

we'll discuss on msn.
That post is 5 months old, dude...

WIth all the requests lately I think maybe we should open it, they get lost and it's hard for Zenon and others to find them.

We could make a thread for each episode, so there would be no mislabel problem.

dunpeal said:
Please open this forum again because there are a lot people discussing the
music tracks that are used in the various Top Gear & Fifth Gear episodes
and now it's quite an odyssey to find posts about them, since they're now
spread everywhere.
There is a sticky on where music questions are supposed to go:

http://gear.viper007bond.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=677

Renesis said:
WIth all the requests lately I think maybe we should open it, they get lost and it's hard for Zenon and others to find them.

You know, that's not a bad idea...

I'll set it up later today. Shall I make two "what's that song?" - one for each show, or just one large one?

I'd say just one large one...since not many request come in for FG songs.

Viper007Bond said:
justin syder said:

we'll discuss on msn.
That post is 5 months old, dude...
Even though the post is old, I've been thinking about doing that again.

I think if we set up a song request section like Renesis suggested it would be easy to compile lists of the songs in each episode just through people requesting the titles. With that, I could start working on a guide for the songs in each episode. I think that could be pretty helpful for people. :)

Viper007Bond said:
Renesis said:

You know, that's not a bad idea...

I'll set it up later today. Shall I make two "what's that song?" - one for each show, or just one large one?

one large one, and we could name threads using this scheme

"TG -air date" and "5G -air date"

Okay, one large area. A thread per episode with all known songs at the beginning of the thread. If it's not listed, someone can ask, it can be answered and then placed at the beginning of the thread.