Why Lambo doors might get you dead (NWS, NSFW)

jayjaya29

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW M3
I'm surprised this hasn't shown up on this forum yet, its be on the other car forums already.

Anyways, a Lambo crashes and flips over, passengers cannot get out because of the Lambo flip doors.

Warning, graphic graphic pictures. Full charred bodies in pictures.

Nothing yet on the story, no translations yet.

Click

Hmm.... I'm not clicking on that cause I don't want to ruin my night. But I could see how an inverted Lambo could be a problem with vertical doors.

Lambo's proposed solution: reverse thrusters to flip the car back over. Or maybe a hydraulic ram/piston... both with Lamboesq colored smoke and strobe lights of course.

Yeah, its graphic stuff in there.

I don't think that something like that would work, if the car crashes theres no telling if the hydrolic ram or pistons would work due to the impact.

jayjaya29 said:
I don't think that something like that would work, if the car crashes theres no telling if the hydrolic ram or pistons would work due to the impact.

He wasn't serious dude ;)

[rant]I was going to post that same link, but I thought it was too tragic. I was on another forum the other day, and someone created a thread about this accident. What really struck me though, was that he titled it something along the lines of "There goes another Lambo". How can a person be so ignorant and detached from reality? It amazes me that the first thing he thought of was the car and not the people in it.[/rant]
I love cars as much as the next guy, but damn.... :bangin:

i just hope that something like that won't happen in the US (actually i'd hope that no matter where, people won't die in their lamborghinis!)...but such a crash in the US and a lawsuit later lamborghini will have to drop the doors. :?

i guess if one would want something that got him from a to b in the safest possible way, he wouldn't get himself a lamboghini in the first place.

thanks for health and safety, but i'm with clakrson here. i'll take the kooeneogneogieogeneeegggs crashing backwards into the pool in a huge fireball anyday.

jeffy777 said:
jayjaya29 said:

He wasn't serious dude ;)

Looking at the post again I see his sarcasm. ;)

teletubby-warrior said:
[rant]I was going to post that same link, but I thought it was too tragic. I was on another forum the other day, and someone created a thread about this accident. What really struck me though, was that he titled it something along the lines of "There goes another Lambo". How can a person be so ignorant and detached from reality? It amazes me that the first thing he thought of was the car and not the people in it.[/rant]
I love cars as much as the next guy, but damn.... :bangin:

Definitely dude, theres a line to be drawn in this situation. Human life is much more important and fragile than a car, no matter how good it is.

Saw this a few days ago, pretty crazy stuff. It's not the first time people have been burnt alive because of the doors either.

As for a solution, I don't get why Lamborghini doesn't work on some way to have the doors open regularly as well as scissor, in case of emergency. Either that or have a way to completely detatch the doors so you can just pop them off and get out.

With the history of Lamborghinis (all the way back to the Miura) going up in flames, it's really surprising they haven't done something like that yet...

Could they have kicked the windows open? Just wondering. Maybe they could put in a window crusher in the car somewhere.

NAIDANAC A said:
Could they have kicked the windows open? Just wondering. Maybe they could put in a window crusher in the car somewhere.
The windows are pretty narrow, especially if the roof has been pushed down after rolling. The chances of squirming out of the window are pretty slim at the best of times. let alone upside down on fire.

Lamborghini's have pretty severe rakes on the front windshield, and again it'd be pretty awkward to twist around and get out even if you could. There's also the fact that the nose was leaning towards the ground, so there would be absolutely no way to get out even if you did manage to pop the window and squirm your way to the window.

Seen those a couple days ago.

Really sad. R.I. P

Man, MURCIELAGO IS FUCKED, THERE ARE TOO MANY WRECKED ONES ALREADY, AND MOSTLY ALL OF THEM HAVE BURNT. HELL, WE 'VE ALREADY SEEN PICS OF A BURNT LP640.

Lambo should do something about this. It's getting ridiculous.

Look at Enzo, 2 serious crashes in 4 months (lately), and no body died nor the car got fired.

Gullwing/ Scissor/ whatever doors look cool, but yeah. I'd take normal doors with rolldown windows (not power) anyday.

FATMOUSE said:
Gullwing/ Scissor/ whatever doors look cool, but yeah. I'd take normal doors with rolldown windows (not power) anyday.

So the lesson of this thread is.... buy a Gallardo.

RIP to the victims past and present.

The accident happened in the Czech Republic, supposedly a gust of wind disturbed the balance of the car and sent it skidding towards a patch of trees @ 250km/hour
http://www.super.cz/exkluzivne/9235-modelka-vaculcikova-tragicky-zahynula.html

I was able to find a translation of some of the article:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It says "A tragic accident involving a luxury lamborghini last Saturday night was all the news spoke of"

Then "The Lamborghini going around 250 km flew from the highway, ran down a couple of trees and caught on fire. Ridic and his passenger died immediately. The passenger was one of Czech Republic's best models, Renata Vaculcikova" Then the story continues with, "Renata was going with her friend for a ride in his fast car when someone wanted to race them. They raced for about 10 minutes. No one could have guessed, that from that one race, tragedy would strike"

Then it goes on to say that the model was in lots of commercials and that she will be sorely missed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think all cars should have a little charge connected to the window so whenever said car flips and fills up with water the windows would automatically shatter and the passengers could get out. I know that this would help A LOT with people stuck in a car underwater.