Why not Jerry Seinfeld?

EJ25RUN

Car(s)
Impreza STI
Im sure Jerry could break the mold of being compared to Jermey James and Richard, and have unique input.

jseinfeld.jpg
Porsche_seinfeld_959_01.jpg

Having such a big host would mean huge costs I'd think which would put more pressure on the show being axed if it didn't get huge ratings.

Plus I think it's better with non-stars hosting. Look at TG Australia for example.

Having such a big host would mean huge costs I'd think which would put more pressure on the show being axed if it didn't get huge ratings.

Plus I think it's better with non-stars hosting. Look at TG Australia for example.

makes sense. But then again, i would hope nbc would fork some big money in order to at least try to get near the ratings of BBC's top gear.

makes sense. But then again, i would hope nbc would fork some big money in order to at least try to get near the ratings of BBC's top gear.
Well, they only get like 8 million viewers in the UK and that's a joke for ratings here.

They get 500 million worldwide I hear.

I would have loved to see Jerry as a host.

Well, they only get like 8 million viewers in the UK and that's a joke for ratings here.

They get 500 million worldwide I hear.

Is 8 million viewers really a joke? The Simpsons latest series only averaged just over 6 million the last time i looked.

^And those are some of the lowest ratings in the Simpson's history. So what's your point?

60 million live in the UK

300 million live in the US

As long as he didn't try and be funny I think it would work. Some reason I find comics that laugh at their own jokes very stupid.

BTW: Never really thought about it before...but cable in the UK...how many channels is that?

I never heard Jerry Seinfeld laugh at his own jokes...

I would be down for Tim Allen as 3rd host. I think he would be a good counter for Carolla.

I never heard Jerry Seinfeld laugh at his own jokes...

I would be down for Tim Allen as 3rd host. I think he would be a good counter for Carolla.

Carolla + Seinfeld + Allen

It's brilliant!

Seinfeld would be perfect in theory. Funny as hell, loves cars. But chemistry of the hosts is more important than individual talents here, don't you think? Provided everyone got on, it'd be great.

Clarkson was an excellent find for the UK version, and became known as an automotive presenter. It's all he really has done, and became famous for his unique style. I believe the same is for the other broadcasters. Meaning they are/were cheap.

For the US version there aren't really well known on-screen presenters of automotive programs that really have on screen presence like Clarkson does. So they have to find car guys who also are good on camera. You had to get some kind of name branding in order to get an audience at all, but I agree with Viper. I think getting people not known is the best chance that this show has got.

Better idea:

Take 6 hosts, and pit them against eachother kinda like Top Gear and Fifth Gear. So you could then see what setup is best, worst case they cancel both or best have both. :cool:

I think Seinfeld has a dry, quirky sense of humour that would really work for this show.

Too many comedians they will be one upping each other.

Comedian, Racer/actor wannabe, and real live auto journalist who knows his shtick.

Steve Magnante - Hotrod Magazine writer, Barrett Jackson Host and know it all, Builds and drives some of the craziest cars on the planet. Its Top Gear AMERICA, you need the regular guy who worked his way up working on crap to run with the big boys. Tanner loves his sports cars and Adam loves his sports cars, Steve will pull home a junkyard car and whip adams $300,000 ferrari in a road course with tanner driving.

I think Seinfeld would be a bad choice, he only likes Porches, that is all he is interested in.