Why so many exotics driven by young kids in Southern California (VID)

I'm so happy that this culture doesn't exist at my school amongst the elite foreign students. Aside from having no place to put their cars, it would be way too much of a distraction for me.

At 0.38 the guy said he bought his Ferrari California just because he lives in California...
Awesome reason for buying it after all that's why people buy cars right? :wall:

:dunno: The California was made especially for that kind of rich dumb market.

Had a bunch of kids at my school (Pittsburgh) with crazy cars. Also all Chinese Nouveau riche. I've shared a story somewhere on FG of a girl in an E60 M5 that almost hit me and instead of braking to avoid me, started panicking with her hands of the wheel, screaming, and still rolling forward.

It's called Richmond, British Columbia.

I'm all for a Spectre-style solution, aka, blowing it into smithereens.

... girl in an E60 M5 that almost hit me and instead of braking to avoid me, started panicking with her hands of the wheel, screaming, and still rolling forward.

Makes me think of:

Pretty much take a short walk around any of the local major universities and you'll probably see at least a few Ferraris and Lamborghinis. UBC and SFU are probably the worst for it.

I didn't see any kind of sub-"culture" like that at Harvard.

I didn't see any kind of sub-"culture" like that at Harvard.

You have to go to other schools in the area like Boston University and Boston College. The number of RS Audis and Maseratis hanging out by the Boston University School of Business has to be seen to be believed.

Who cares? Good for them.

Yankee Candle founder's kid went to school near me. You'd see him out and about in his Gallardo followed by a convoy of friends in Bentleys, Ferraris, Porsches, etc. He was actually pretty chill and down to earth from what I've heard.

I was thinking here

Why the parents of this students buy those expensive cars for them to show off? I wouldn't give my son/daughter a Lamborghini/Rolls-Royce (any six figure car) even if i was a billionaire. What's the point? I bet they don't know shit about their cars and i also bet they will end up crashing them sooner or later.

I was thinking here

Why the parents of this students buy those expensive cars for them to show off? I wouldn't give my son/daughter a Lamborghini/Rolls-Royce (any six figure car) even if i was a billionaire. What's the point? I bet they don't know shit about their cars and i also bet they will end up crashing them sooner or later.

41fatXQ.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Makes me think of:

Pretty much exactly that, but I stepped out of the way at the last second.

Pretty much take a short walk around any of the local major universities and you'll probably see at least a few Ferraris and Lamborghinis. UBC and SFU are probably the worst for it.
So, the only two universities in the lower mainland, then :p

In all seriousness... you're right. But Richmond... Richmond takes it to a vulgar new extreme.

Who cares? Good for them.
Can't speak for the ones referenced in the video, but if you knew the locals I'm referring to.... No. Not good for them. They are the biggest asshats I've had the misfortune of meeting.

The key here is where are these particular Chinese nationals getting their money. Most are well placed government officials that fleeced "The People's Republic of...", and they KNOW that as the infrastructure becomes more transparent and democratic (albeit at a glacial pace), they will be held accountable. So dumping money into North American homes and shuffling their useless progeny into them is a great way of sheltering the goods.

Tl;dr they don't CARE what the kids do with the money

I suggest:

[video=youtube;E8EZW7-NSNI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8EZW7-NSNI[/video]

Have to agree with LeVeL. There is nothing in the video that implies them being assholes. And it seems like they keep to themselves anyway, and don't show off their supercars at schools.

You may think they don't deserve it, and it's probably true, but neither do you. Everyone here is incredibly privileged in the global sense. Top 5% sneering at top 1% (or whatever)... Please don't fall into that hypocrisy.

Plenty of this going on at Syracuse University

There are a handful of Nissan GT-Rs, a gaggle of BMW M3/5/6s, an Audi R8 V10 and a McLaren running around campus all the time. Often times with various body panels hanging off. The drivers are usually alright guys - just extremely privileged. I'm sure you'll find this at any school that attracts wealthy Chinese students.

I would. You're young and jealous, even if you think you're not. Get over it.

I am young and of course a bit jealous(who wouldn't like to be 20 yo and have a Aventador?),but that's not the point. The point is that when you give everything your son/daughter wants they become spoiled and ungrateful,i would only give a expensive car if i knew the car would be really enjoyed and not just used to show off.

Having expensive cars at a young age is ok the problem is when you have it JUST to show off.