Why TG never review BMW 7ers

That's what I was going to say, but then I remembered that Jeremy reviewed the previous S-Class in series 2, which came out in 1999 I believe?

The 7 series wasn't really appreciated back in the time it appeared. This is essentially the oldest luxury sedan i being sold like that since 2002 (to the BMW nerds: I know there was a facelift in 2005 ). Top Gear wasn't even airing when the 7-series was released, why bother with an old car. ;)

Properly because its not that interesting, plus I don't think it sold very well in the UK and it depreciates like a rock here too!

I'm neither a Merc fan nor a BMW fan. But as I understand 7er is no less high tech than S class. TG (in current format) review S-Class twice, but none 7er. That's what I'm asking.

The reason is simple.. it's a rubbish car. Nothing on it works properly, iDrive is crap, it looks like cow pat and it's bought by yuppies who buy the car for the badge.

A 7-series review is pointless, as people who have their mind set on one will buy it, no matter how bad it is. They don't respond to logic and reason, so the review is a waste. And the Merc S-Class is a better car.. :p

i dont like the new facelifted bmw 7 series its too.... facelifted?

Is that why the 3, 5 and 7 series are the best handling cars in their class. pffft.. sounds like you dont know much about cars.

On the contrary, cars can be great yet be boring.

The previous Ford Mondeo drove brilliantly, but becuase of the image of 'Mondeo Man' and repmobiles people thought they were dreary, dull cars.

^ lol, now that's what I call OWNED.

Would you want to drive something as drab as this:

23bmw7M_m.jpg

I have never driven a 7 series, but i have had the pleasure of playing around in the backseats of a fully specced one at the Detroit autoshow and it actually was probably THEY MOST memorable car to sit in out of all the Audis and Mercs and Caddys i sat in. With that said i would never want to drive one as it would prevent me from sitting in the amazing back seats and playing with the computers while drinking my perfectly chilled wine. I don't think it would make a great review, but who knows

I quite like the 7's. Yes the may not be as good looking as the merc. But it has its own class to it. Everytime I see one on the motorway I find myself staring. I love me a BMW and sorry thats that.

But the S Class has more street credit and brand image, which is why 90% of the rich buyers tend to choose S Class over A8, 7 Series and Lexus. Talk about brand sluts :rolleyes:

You have a 1-series. That is pretty much the definition of being a brand slut, especially the 130i.

I think the point here is that it is a major contender in the luxury market and since they also tested the big A8 audi which is just as boring as the 7er they should review it. They had to test the nissan cube which I can't imagine was fun.