Why the Veyron didn't go on the track!

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
Now we can all our stop our whinging...

Viewers of Top Gear last weekend may have wondered why the Stig did not put the Bugatti Veyron through its paces. With a top speed of 252mph, it could have set a new record for the Top Gear track.

Unfortunately the model featured on the show wasn?t quite so nippy. The ?800,000 supercars are so hard to come by, the producers had to make do with a dummy model. Underneath its much-admired exterior was nothing but, er, hot air.

?We couldn?t get a real one for the show,? admitted Jeremy Clarkson. ?But we hope to get the Stig to test one on the Top Gear track in the spring?.

Of course the Veyron that Clarkson raced across France, against his fellow presenters in a plane, was for real.

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,22749-1935710,00.html

Good find watto. At least we got a reason and there is the possiblility of it going round again in the next series....the wait begins...

... Spring?! What the hell?! They couldn't just drive the heavenly creation of a car to London, have dinner, sleep, then wake next morning, drag Stig to Dunsfold and make him do the lap and THEN give the car back to Mr Piesch and Volkswagen?! Come on! :bangin:

KryptonZone said:
... Spring?! What the hell?! They couldn't just drive the heavenly creation of a car to London, have dinner, sleep, then wake next morning, drag Stig to Dunsfold and make him do the lap and THEN give the car back to Mr Piesch and Volkswagen?! Come on! :bangin:

What about new tires?? The Veyron would need those after that race ;)

And by the way Mr Piech isnt the boss VW anymore. Bernd Pischetsrieder is the boss at the moment...

jensked said:
^ maybe one "fastest lap" a season is enough they think. No that doesn't make sense. The Carrera GT and the Enzo were in two episodes after each other.
And wasn't the SLR like 2-episodes before the Carrera..

didn't someone already point this out on the thread itself?... I remember someone spotting that the Veyron is a prototype from the geneva motor show or something like that

Spring it is then...

Im off to bed then, cya in the spring...

that is so cool, id love to have a full scale model of a veyron that looks so real. make the neighbor's eyes pop out :)

<<<Shaking fist at the sky>>>

Damn you Volkswageeeeennnnnn!!!!

Wait, I've read somewhere in here that Stig cried when he droved it round the track, was that an article or someones opinion?

"What about new tires?? The Veyron would need those after that race"
I don't think so, they will be used a bit but not shreaded completly. 8)

Re: Why the Veyron didn't go on the track!

Aston Martin Lagonda said:
Wait, I've read somewhere in here that Stig cried when he droved it round the track, was that an article or someones opinion?
Top Gear hp:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/thisweek/

Z0RR0 said:
watto said:
Now we can all our stop our whinging...

Of course the Veyron that Clarkson raced across France, against his fellow presenters in a plane, was for real.

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,22749-1935710,00.html

No shit!!! :lol:
I noticed that too! :lol:

Aha!! :twisted:
So they talking rubbish about the Stig not driving it. :x

Aston Martin Lagonda said:
Aha!! :twisted:
So they talking rubbish about the Stig not driving it. :x
there is a difference between the Stig just driving it, and the Stig driving it on the track. He isnt under track-arrest or anything.

Yes, that's true. 8)

i'll lend them mine if they can't get one :roll: