Why they didn't test the Grantusimo S?

bahamut

Car(s)
Alfa Romeo 147
I've been waiting for the review since the last series and I believed that they would have reviewed it on this series but as we know this won't happen.

Any thoughts?

I think it's because Clarkson hates Maserati, I can't remember a review where I speaks in a good way of a maserati.

Probably it will be rubbish on the track like the 8c (same stuff on it) but who cares, it's an amazing looking car, isnt'it?

Mazaratti-Gran-Turismo-S.jpg

Didn't Jezza also say that the Gran Turismo was better looking than the 8C a season or two ago? I think they should have reviewed it as well.

Didn't Jezza also say that the Gran Turismo was better looking than the 8C a season or two ago? I think they should have reviewed it as well.

You are right.

And Not sure about the "S" but in 9x5 Jeremy said it was and I qoute "..Gorgeous.." and "...I think its absolutely stunning.."

They did the 8c there is no need to do what is basically the same car.

And it's not an Alfa so they don't have the same blind loyalty they have for alfas. Take away the badge on the 8c and they won't spend weeks forcing themselves to like it.

I haven't seen any review on the Granturismo S yet, so I am pretty sure it is not on sale at the moment. ;)

5th gear had two tests of Granturismo, Tom Ford was nice to watch (as always). But Plato... He said that it was under-powered.. comparing to what? Space shuttle?
Its main competitor XK8, weights 1.6ton and its engine outputs 300hp, Granturismo weights 1.8ton with 400hp. Surely it's not a car for track-days, but it is not designed for racing.

Last edited:
They did the 8c there is no need to do what is basically the same car.

And it's not an Alfa so they don't have the same blind loyalty they have for alfas. Take away the badge on the 8c and they won't spend weeks forcing themselves to like it.

haha, Forcing themselves to like it, thats funny!

And secondly their are plenty of cars that share platforms and are nothing alike, hell their a plenty of models of cars where one version is completely shit compared to another. In JCs own terms, take the MKV R32 vs. the Golf GT TSI, or compare the Corvette and the Cadillac XLR.

From what i've heard the Mazzer GT is actually a better car to drive all around then the 8C, particularly the road-feel is supposed to be better, even though its a more comfortable and practical car. Its also worth mentioning that its one of the only two new cars that James May said he actually lusts after at the moment, and hes a practical man.

Last edited:
Lol, sorry for the mistake on the title.

Thanks for the replies, I hope they will consider the possibility to give a review to it for the next series.
I agree completely with raphael, sure it won't be the most exciting car to drive but is a truly freezing car.

I think it's because Clarkson hates Maserati, I can't remember a review where I speaks in a good way of a maserati.
Didn't he talk about that Maserati was a word he learned before saying mommy through that book of all available cars in 196.. something in some episode? Yes, he was probably exadurating things a bit, but still. The same episode where he tested the MC12 and bought a Maserati Bi-Turbo and dropped a container on it.

^ Indeed.

I'm also incredibly disappointed they havn't tested it, but thats what happens when they do 1 review (or 2 once in a blue moon) an episode and theres only 6 episodes a series. <_<

Perhaps Tom will test it on 5th Gear since he did the standard GranTurismo?

I haven't seen any review on the Granturismo S yet, so I am pretty sure it is not on sale at the moment. ;)

Top Gear magazine has already done a review of the Gran Turismo S in the most recent issue.

i saw a Gran Turismo months ago in a parking garage of a bank here in California.

MONTHS ago. It's been on sale for a while.

Let's face it they can't review every car.

This is even more the case since they've put extra emphasis on entertainment than on actual car reviews in the last couple of years.

Though since we're talking about glaring omissions from the programme, I've always thought it funny that they never got round to reviewing a Maybach considering they've mentioned them in the show a number of times.

It's just one of those things they never got round to for some reason I suppose.

5th gear had two tests of Granturismo, Tom Ford was nice to watch (as always). But Plato... He said that it was under-powered.. comparing to what? Space shuttle?

In fairness, several reviews in magazines I've read said that the standard Gran Turismo was underpowered...